More than 4 Monitors with a GTX 970

FirstDose

I currently have 4 Monitors attached to my 970 and it still has 2 more outputs. So can I connect more than 4 Monitors to my 970 or would I need an extra Card?

Only 4 of the ports will work simultaneously. If you want more monitors, you'll need more graphics cards.

Only 4 of the ports will work simultaneously. If you want more monitors, you'll need more graphics cards.

But you can't SLi though. it will always be four monitors even then there's a ton of outputs. 

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

But you can't SLi though. it will always be four monitors even then there's a ton of outputs. 

That is completely true.

I have an unused GTX 660. So if I put also put it in my Computer i can use the outputs from that?

I have an unused GTX 660. So if I put also put it in my Computer i can use the outputs from that?

Yes. Well, In theory. Try it with two in the 970 and two in the 660 and see if that works. 

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

Or a displayport splitter

i think there are display port splitters that support more monitors.

dont quote me on that though.

But those cost like 100$.

Yes. Well, In theory. Try it with two in the 970 and two in the 660 and see if that works. 

I will try that.