bridge, slr or dslr?

modder6646

hi im currently looking into getting a camera just for bit of fun taking random photos etc plus to replace my SAMSUNG POINT AND SHOOT DIGITAL CAMERA , i am a beginner when it comes to photography, family member currently has a canon 300d digital slr that they would be willing to sell me, would this be suffice? i was thinking more pixels is better but after seeing the quality of the photos it takes for only being 6.3 megapixel slr i was thinking of purchasing it.

what do you guys think? suggestions more than welcome.

Check if you could get something newer like a 500d/550d or even 600d used on ebay... ive seen some pretty cheap ones and for a beginner theyre GREAT cameras

Check if you could get something newer like a 500d/550d or even 600d used on ebay... ive seen some pretty cheap ones and for a beginner theyre GREAT cameras

do you have any experience with bridge cameras? i have seen some nice ones but i like the idea of being able to upgrade lenses if i decide to

do you have any experience with bridge cameras? i have seen some nice ones but i like the idea of being able to upgrade lenses if i decide to

You mean something like a 1200d? or below that?

They make pretty good pictures but maybe a 300d does better. Only thing about many megapixels is that you can zoom in without it getting unsharp too fast

They make pretty good pictures but maybe a 300d does better. Only thing about many megapixels is that you can zoom in without it getting unsharp too fast

not sure what to do to be honest, my parent that is selling the 300d has taken some really good pictures with the 300d, im not a hardcore photographer just want something that takes good photos when i take them, and 300d seems to be a decent camera even though it is an older camera.

The Canon XXXD/XXD and xD are really decent. I would honestly get it for that cheap its in a good condition. Only thing is that you should somehow check the shuttercount (how often the shutter moved in total) because online you can find some diagrams when they usually break.

The Canon XXXD/XXD and xD are really decent. I would honestly get it for that cheap its in a good condition. Only thing is that you should somehow check the shuttercount (how often the shutter moved in total) because online you can find some diagrams when they usually break.

yeah im thinking about it! what camera do you own?

what are they like? sorry for all the questions just trying to make my mind up

600d great for a good beginner/intermediate - 70d goes more towards good intermediate to starting professional. Both great cams