Is the Mass Effect Trilogy good?

ImRyan

So I watched a part or 2  of a lets play and the story looked interesting I would like to know what other people think. also should I buy it from G2A because it's only £11 for all three games.

NO STORY SPOILERS PLEASE

Thanks for your help

yes. i really loved one, the 2nd was great ammo thing they did not so good, 3 isn't as good as the others. 

i still want moar.

I got addicted to it...... And I am usually not into many RPG's.
I remember I played the full trilogy within a weekend, no wait I've done it twice.

The secound game is my fav, 1 is abit boring in some parts.

Yes, ME is very good. Even with the ending being what it is they're still among my all time favorite games.

You get to explore a fascinating universe. See new worlds, meet interesting characters. Plot has a nice mystery to it. It also has a space cowboy / Han Solo appeal. Gameplay is fun, your squad mates have unique abilities and you can use them in interesting ways during combat. On top of that it's funny.

So I watched a part or 2 of a lets play and the story looked interesting I would like to know what other people think. also should I buy it from G2A because it's only £11 for all three games.

NO STORY SPOILERS PLEASE

Thanks for your help

@ImRyan

Even though the 3rd game's ending was shaky... The trilogy was astonishing. The music was perfectly formed to fit the storyline, which was itself incredible. Top 5 games / series, hands down.

The projects never end in my line of work.

CPU: Dual Xeon E5-2650v2 || GPU: Dual Quadro K5000 || Motherboard: Asus Z9PE-D8 || RAM: 64GB Corsair Vengeance || Monitors: Dual LG 34UM95, NEC MultiSync EA244UHD || Storage: Dual Samsung 850 Pro 256GB in Raid 0, 6x WD Re 4TB in Raid 1 || Sound: Xonar Essense STX (Mainly for Troubleshooting and listening test) || PSU: Corsair Ax1500i

CPU: Core i7 5820k @ 4.7GHz || GPU: Dual Titan X || Motherboard: Asus X99 Deluxe || RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix Sport || Monitors: MX299Q, 29UB65, LG 34UM95 || Storage: Dual Samsung 850 EVO 1 TB in Raid 0, Samsung 850 EVO 250GB, 2TB Toshiba scratch disk, 3TB Seagate Barracuda || PSU: EVGA 1000w PS Platinum

i couldnt get into it

after like a hour of playing i was bored

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.1 Corinthians 13:4

i couldnt get into it

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.1 Corinthians 13:4

i couldnt get into it

I too thought it wasn't anything special in the first hour. But after like 2-3 hours I was hooked.

Absolutely amazing.  Story rich, with well developed characters and amazing soundtracks.

Pacing of the first game is a little slow for the first hour or so and the controls are a bit clunky, but once you get past that and into the depth of the story it's great.

The second game is fantastic.  The third is also good, but make sure you download the free Extended Cut DLC (fleshes out the endings a bit more and makes it easier to get the 'perfect' ending without needing to rack up points in online multiplayer).

I binge played the entire trilogy over the Christmas break and enjoyed it immensely.  I've been itching to play it again, but I'll wait until I have enough spare cash to pick up the extra story-expansion DLCs for it.

CPU Intel Core i7 7700K; Cooler Cryorig R1 Universal; MB Asus ROG Maximus IX Code; RAM G.Skill Trident Z 3200Mhz (4 x 8GB); GPU ASUS GTX 1080 Ti ROG Strix Gaming OC; Case Be Quiet Dark Base 900 Pro Silver; Storage Samsung 960 EVO 500GB, Samsung 850 EVO 1TB, Seagate Barracuda 4TB; PSU EVGA Supernova 850W G2; OS Windows 10; KB Corsair K70 (MX Brown); Audio O2 & ODAC, Sennheiser HD 600, Sennheiser RS 185, Swan M200MKIII; Monitors 2x Dell U2410

Previous Build

CPU Intel Core i5 4690K; Cooler Cooler Master Hyper 212X; MB Asus Z97-A; RAM G.Skill Sniper (2 x 4GB); GPU 2x Gigabyte GeForce GTX 970 G1 Gaming (SLI); Case Corsair Obsidian 450D; Storage Samsung 840 EVO 120GB, WD Black 1TB, Hitachi 750GB; PSU EVGA Supernova 750W G2; OS Windows 10; 

For the most part.

Anyone who has a sister hates the fact that his sister isn't Kasugano Sora.
Anyone who does not have a sister hates the fact that Kasugano Sora isn't his sister.
I'm not insulting anyone; I'm just being condescending. There is a difference, you see...

Holy crap man, get off your ass and play those games! 

No but really, they're amazing, one of the most believable worlds you'll find.

Bleigh!  Ever hear of AC series? 

It's excellent, though I personally found the game mechanics in Mass Effect 1 to be clunky and the least enjoyable of the three.

It's excellent, though I personally found the game mechanics in Mass Effect 1 to be clunky and the least enjoyable of the three.

Agreed!, it's not the smoothest but so log as your play of first you won't notice t too much :P 

The next two are such more refined in terms of combat :) 

Bleigh!  Ever hear of AC series? 

I really enjoyed all ME games. I enjoyed ME 2 most but 1 and 3 are very good too.

It is a very good trilogy. Worth every bucks. You should get about 20h+ (if you do all side missions and explorations) on every game.

Best trilogy ever.

I refuse to read threads whose author does not know how to remove the caps lock! 

— Grumpy old man

I'd grab it. One of the best games you can get on PC. For £11 - go for it.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3800X Motherboard: MSI B550 Tomahawk RAM: Kingston HyperX Predator RGB 32 GB (4x8GB) DDR4 GPU: EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 SSD: ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro 512 GB NVME | Samsung QVO 1TB SSD  HDD: Seagate Barracuda 4TB | Seagate Barracuda 8TB Case: Phanteks ECLIPSE P600S PSU: Corsair RM850x

I am a gamer, not because I don't have a life, but because I choose to have many.

20 hours? He'll get a lot more than that.

Hum I played 26H ME1, about 25H ME2 and about the same for ME3. I did all the secondary missions and most planet discoveries. I don't have any DLC however (if there are any) :)