do NOT buy logitech g710+ mech keyboard

I'll keep this short. even their forums are flooded with complaints. they all have the similar problem being keys easily cracking underneath.

http://forums.logitech.com/t5/Logitech-G-Keyboards/G710-broken-keys-from-normal-use-plastic-tops-Where-to-get/td-p/1075449

here's a sample pic

http://forums.logitech.com/t5/image/serverpage/image-id/18277i5A1327045E2104CC/image-size/original?v=mpbl-1&px=-1

You really don't have to make a whole post about this issue.

I'm fairly sure, Logitech have already fixed this issue. 

|CPU: Intel 5960X|MOBO:Rampage V Extreme|GPU:EVGA 980Ti SC 2 - Way SLI|RAM:G-Skill 32GB|CASE:900D|PSU:CorsairAX1200i|DISPLAY :Dell U2412M X3|SSD Intel 750 400GB, 2X Samsung 850 Pro|

Peripherals : | MOUSE : Logitech G602 | KEYBOARD: K70 RGB (Cherry MX Brown) | NAS: Synology DS1515+  - WD RED 3TB X 5|ROUTER: AC68U

Sound : | HEADPHONES: Sennheiser HD800 SPEAKERS: B&W CM9 (Front floorstanding) ,  B&W CM Center 2 (Centre) | AV RECEIVER : Denon 3806 | MY X99 BUILD LOG!

Woops. I guess I made a mistake then! :-) Mine is fine. It has been fine. It will be fine. I do not slam my keyboard around; I am not rough with it. Logitech will send you replacement keycaps if you send a complaint or RMA. (Even if you're past the warranty or RMA period.) I have had this keyboard for about a month and a half. My friend has had his for more than a year. His is fine, mine is fine. It's a really comfortable quality keyboard with slightly less-than-ideal keycaps. End of story. 

I'm pretty sure Linus uses one at the office. If he uses it on a daily basis it can't be that awful.

Edit: He indeed does use it at the office: http://instagram.com/p/yntQJWSbBR/?modal=true

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

Didn't plan on it, but ok.

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

If you are going to type with a hammer, you better be buying a Model M instead.

Anyone who has a sister hates the fact that his sister isn't Kasugano Sora.
Anyone who does not have a sister hates the fact that Kasugano Sora isn't his sister.
I'm not insulting anyone; I'm just being condescending. There is a difference, you see...

If you are going to type with a hammer, you better be buying a Model M instead.

Nailed it. 

That thread is from 2013.

I guess you shouldn't nerd rage on the keyboard. If you don't, you'll be fine.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

This has been known about in the keyboard community for quite some time. As long as you should be typing on Blues or Browns and not Greens or Greys they you should be fine.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

I'll keep this short. even their forums are flooded with complaints. they all have the similar problem being keys easily cracking underneath.

http://forums.logitech.com/t5/Logitech-G-Keyboards/G710-broken-keys-from-normal-use-plastic-tops-Where-to-get/td-p/1075449

here's a sample pic

http://forums.logitech.com/t5/image/serverpage/image-id/18277i5A1327045E2104CC/image-size/original?v=mpbl-1&px=-1

I am just going to go ahead and call bullshit. If this was a thing which to some point I believe it was with maybe their original batches it's not a thing anymore. I can say that that is clearly from abuse of the keyboard and not from normal use. I have had my g710+ for months now and I am an incredibly heavy user. I just checked several keys and not the slightest deformation was found. Moral of the story is don't pound on your keyboards. 

Ryzen 3700x -Evga RTX 2080 Super- Msi x570 Gaming Edge - G.Skill Ripjaws 3600Mhz RAM - EVGA SuperNova G3 750W -500gb 970 Evo - 250Gb Samsung 850 Evo - 250Gb Samsung 840 Evo  - 4Tb WD Blue- NZXT h500 - ROG Swift PG348Q

I am just going to go ahead and call bullshit. If this was a thing which to some point I believe it was with maybe their original batches it's not a thing anymore. I can say that that is clearly from abuse of the keyboard and not from normal use. I have had my g710+ for months now and I am an incredibly heavy user. I just checked several keys and not the slightest deformation was found. Moral of the story is don't pound on your keyboards

seriously I didn't "abused" my keyboards. I'm not a child that's fit for rage every now and then.

I mostly play this keyboard on dota 1 and Osu!. Some of them claimed (in their forums) that you have to perfectly hit the keys in complete 180 degree. any "angled" key presses is basically doomsday for this keyboard.

and I have to agree. the keys are easily removable by hand (or more precisely, with two fingers) with little to no effort. unlike the rest of other keyboards that would really take effort to pull it off (razer, TT, corsair, etc).

I'm pretty sure Linus uses one at the office. If he uses it on a daily basis it can't be that awful.

Edit: He indeed does use it at the office: http://instagram.com/p/yntQJWSbBR/?modal=true

I wouldn't trust that Linus is a moderate gamer. Sure, he'd use the keyboard mostly for typing reviews, but that kind of "burn test" isn't as intensive as gaming.

Known problem, not all that common - Yes there are other threads in existence, but how many are duplicate posts (same person on two different threads) and how many people have bought the keyboard? Logitech has great warranty service at least in NA. 

Spoiler

Corsair 400C- Intel i7 6700- Gigabyte Gaming 6- GTX 1080 Founders Ed. - Intel 530 120GB + 2xWD 1TB + Adata 610 256GB- 16GB 2400MHz G.Skill- Evga G2 650 PSU- Corsair H110- ASUS PB278Q- Dell u2412m- Logitech G710+ - Logitech g700 - Sennheiser PC350 SE/598se

Is it just me or is Grammar slowly becoming extinct on LTT? 

@Imabigmac

Known problem, not all that common - Yes there are other threads in existence, but how many are duplicate posts (same person on two different threads) and how many people have bought the keyboard? Logitech has great warranty service at least in NA. 

They also have great support in the EU.

And really, there is nothing wrong with the keyboard. The most common key cap to break have been the left Control one, but my brother (who often mashes his keyboard) have had little, to no problems with his G710+.

replacing the keyboard will cost me (I live in asian region). Plus I don't want to replace it again and again.