Surround 3 monitor setup

Hey guys, I've got a machine I'm in the process of planning, something I wanted to do was either make it a 4K machine or Surround gaming machine, and right now I'm leaning harder on Surround.

Before I go full surround I want a new monitor for my current machine, specs on profile. I really wanted to go with the ASUS ROG PG278Q but my GTX 760 doesn't have a display port. So my next choice is the ASUS PB278Q.

In theory, when I go to surround when I get my new machine built, could I get another PB and put them on the outside with the PG in the center? The new machine will run dual SLI 970s so I don't doubt that it's possible by the way it looks from the surround build Linus did.

Also, since most games don't support surround gaming, is it possible to still have a surround setup and only use the center monitor for gaming for those games that don't support it? May sound like a silly question but hey, Id like to know :P

Here's the current setup I have planned to build a few months from now. Please keep in mind I will probably make changes to this over time till it's built.

http://pcpartpicker.com/user/zelgiusthebrave/saved/KZ2Zxr

Mainframe:// SIVA

• CPU Ryzen 7 3700x
  • Motherboard Asus Crosshair VII Hero (Wi-Fi)
  • RAM G.Skill Trident Z Royal (Silver) 3600Mhz 16Gb
  • GPU MSI GeForce GTX 980Ti Gaming 6G
  • Case Lian-Li PC-O11 Dynamic Razer Edition
  • Storage Samsung 970 Evo 500GB / 1x WD Black 3TB
  • PSU EVGA Supernova 1000x
  • Cooling Corsair H150i Pro
  • Displays Acer Predator x34 Ultrawide, LG 2558UM-P
  • Audio Schitt Audio Asgard 2 AMP, Bifrost Multibit DAC, Sennheiser HD600, Scarlett Focusrite 2i2, Audio Technica AT2035
  • Peripherals Corsair K70 LUX, Logitech G502 Spectrum, Razer Orbweaver, Thrustmaster T16000m x2 HOTAS
  • Extra Stuff Clutch Chairs Gear Series Elgato HD60 Pro, Elgato Streamdeck, Logitech c920 Webcam, Custom Built acoustic altering backboard.

When you have surround enabled you still are able to play in 1080p but it turns your side monitors dark, if you don't enable surround it will act as 3 separate displays.

You can always disable and enable surround.

Either you're master race or you're not.

And that would be in the GPU settings I assume? I've never set up something with more than one monitor before but I have worked with them. Also only in Windows 7. I've avoided 8/8.1 for a while and figured I may as well jump on it and then move to 10 when its out.

• CPU Ryzen 7 3700x
  • Audio Schitt Audio Asgard 2 AMP, Bifrost Multibit DAC, Sennheiser HD600, Scarlett Focusrite 2i2, Audio Technica AT2035
  • Peripherals Corsair K70 LUX, Logitech G502 Spectrum, Razer Orbweaver, Thrustmaster T16000m x2 HOTAS
  • Extra Stuff Clutch Chairs Gear Series Elgato HD60 Pro, Elgato Streamdeck, Logitech c920 Webcam, Custom Built acoustic altering backboard.

surround is enabled in the nvidia control panel. to enable surround, it is making your 3 monitors act like one monitor. so windows and games will see that you have a 3x wide monitor. 

surround is enabled in the nvidia control panel. to enable surround, it is making your 3 monitors act like one monitor. so windows and games will see that you have a 3x wide monitor.

And that's something I could do with 2 PB and 1 PG with the PG using G Sync?

• CPU Ryzen 7 3700x

And that's something I could do with 2 PB and 1 PG with the PG using G Sync?

That I do not know as i never tried it but the refresh rate would be off, the middle would be changing and the other to would be static.  

As I said I'm not totally sure if that would work or not as I have never tried it.

That I do not know as i never tried it but the refresh rate would be off, the middle would be changing and the other to would be static.

As I said I'm not totally sure if that would work or not as I have never tried it.

True, and from what you say it does make sense. Might be better off going with 3 PB or lol hork up the money for 3 G sync monitors. That would be sick lol.

• CPU Ryzen 7 3700x

cost more then the PC itself. I can see myself doing that Lol :)

Maybe someday when it's all cheaper. And hopefully Nvidia will allow FreeSync someday too.

• CPU Ryzen 7 3700x

SO I did some digging and found something on Nvidia. It is in fact possible to have a G Sync monitor in the surround display, the only thing is the monitor that supports G-sync will be the only one visibly showing it. Which makes sense. So since surround isn't possible in every game currently, the main monitor that most gaming would be done on might as well be G Sync. Right now the only game I can see my self going with surround would be minecraft till I figured out what other games support it the best.

• CPU Ryzen 7 3700x

acer xr341ck

...sorry for ruining your life

Curved screens cost as much as a small beater car. 

• CPU Ryzen 7 3700x

Curved screens cost as much as a small beater car. 

just seel yourself into slavery

I actually saw a TV the other day that was half the price of what my car is worth right now.

• CPU Ryzen 7 3700x