Carrier settings update: new settings required for your device have been installed

coder-guy22296

http://appadvice.com/appnn/2013/06/att-enables-government-emergency-alerts-for-iphone-users

Basicly, the government can send us alerts at will, some of them you can turn off in notification center, but not presidential alerts.

Energy can not be created nor destroyed, just converted to a different Type of energy.
My blog: T3Krant.blogspot.com

http://appadvice.com/appnn/2013/06/att-enables-government-emergency-alerts-for-iphone-users

Basicly, the government can send us alerts at will, some of them you can turn off in notification center, but not presidential alerts.

I dont have this on my AT&T iPhone 5. And i know why, its because I did the carrier hack a couple months ago that allowed me to get faster overall LTE speeds. It must of interfered with the update. But i will enjoy not recieving notifications from the Government and enjoying my 30 mbps LTE in 2-bar areas;)

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

I didn't think carriers could customize the iPhones. Don't update have to come from Apple?

I didn't think carriers could customize the iPhones. Don't update have to come from Apple?

Carriers can customize a very specific part of the firmware, basically network settings and emergency alert systems. All of the things that can be done by carriers are pre-determined by Apple, and the carriers just push out a OTA (Over-The-Air) update to your device that updates the settings of your device. Also, it must be noted that these are settings that cannot be changed by the user unless the phone's firmware is modified in some way. (With the exception of the fact that you can turn on off Amber Alerts or Emergency Alerts)

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 3770K  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100 (2x SP120 Quiet Edition)  Motherboard: ASUS Sabertooth Z77  RAM: Corsair Vengeance 8GB 1866MHz  PSU: Corsair AX850  GPU: EVGA GTX 670 FTW 2GB  SSD: Samsung 850 Evo 500GB

I don't think the telecompanies in India and other countries would dare follow suit with that once you see that the only phone options available here are unlocked and you are not bound to any contract. If some carrier were to introduce that first, there would be a MASSIVE shift to another one, especially give mobile phone portability [ability to change carrier without changing the phone number] and that a new SIM costs like only a dollar. Also, since everyone uses a phone down here, there would be some massive protest and boycott and it would be rolled back instantly :lol:

PC in Profile

Carriers can customize a very specific part of the firmware, basically network settings and emergency alert systems. All of the things that can be done by carriers are pre-determined by Apple, and the carriers just push out a OTA (Over-The-Air) update to your device that updates the settings of your device. Also, it must be noted that these are settings that cannot be changed by the user unless the phone's firmware is modified in some way. (With the exception of the fact that you can turn on off Amber Alerts or Emergency Alerts)

You sir are wrong, you can update carrier settings with iTunes.

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

You sir are wrong, you can update carrier settings with iTunes.

I know you can do them in iTunes, it's just that most people rarely connect their iPhones to their computers, so I didn't bother mentioning that.

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 3770K  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100 (2x SP120 Quiet Edition)  Motherboard: ASUS Sabertooth Z77  RAM: Corsair Vengeance 8GB 1866MHz  PSU: Corsair AX850  GPU: EVGA GTX 670 FTW 2GB  SSD: Samsung 850 Evo 500GB