H110 or Wait for Swiftech's new 240mm cooler

Swiftech's new cooler looks freaking awesome, but is it really worth the wait? We all saw the booth at CES.... but i dont know. There is still some part of me that just doesnt feel as though it is going to be worth it. The other part of me really likes that i can use it to make a custom loop once i am ready. What are your guys' thoughts?

If you want a >>full<< custom loop by the end I doubt you will be 100% happy.

Watercooling is also about the uniqueness of each loop and with the AIO solution being part of it you are taking that part away.

You could always just sell on the swiftech or H110 when you finish using it. I reckon you would get a decent price for it.

Feel free to PM for any water-cooling questions. Check out my profile for more ways to contact me.

Add me to your circles on Google+ here or you can follow me on twitter @deadfire19.

If a custom loop is your ultimate goal, don't invest ~$120 in a CLC cooler. It will tie you down as you will have to wait to line up a buyer for the CLC before you can get the custom loop, or if you cant, throwing out $120 worth of equipment. Ultimately you will end up spending more overall for the same performance, and that performance is delayed by however long it takes you to use and sell/throw out the CLC.

For a little more you can get an XSPC Raystorm kit, which is a great stepping stone to bigger and more complex loops down the line. Comes with everything you need except water and a Biocide. Watch some tutorials, read some stickies and look through peoples build logs. That will give you the info necessary to set up your won loop.

Water Cooling is a fun experience, it grows on you :).

Coolermaster HAF-X, i5-3570k@4.3Ghz, AsRock Z77 Extreme4, Sapphire HD7870@1150Mhz, G.Skill Ripjaws 12GB 1600Mhz, Silverstone Strider Plus 750W, OCZ Vertex 4 128GB, XSPC Raystorm RS360 kit

If you want a >>full<< custom loop by the end I doubt you will be 100% happy. Watercooling is also about the uniqueness of each loop and with the AIO solution being part of it you are taking that part away. You could always just sell on the swiftech or H110 when you finish using it. I reckon you would get a decent price for it.

If a custom loop is your ultimate goal' date=' don't invest ~$120 in a CLC cooler. It will tie you down as you will have to wait to line up a buyer for the CLC before you can get the custom loop, or if you cant, throwing out $120 worth of equipment. Ultimately you will end up spending more overall for the same performance, and that performance is delayed by however long it takes you to use and sell/throw out the CLC.[/quote']

^^^ - these are valid points.

messing with maybe when they come out.. half the info is all pre-production so

the information today can (prolly will) change.

for the added expense there is no maybe, its pretty much fact or proven layouts and loops.

airdeano