Is It Just Me

ThatOtherGuy95

i dunno about you guys but i really cant enjoy computer games at the moment, i see absolutely no challenge and its just the same old shit being recycled time and time again.

i miss command and conquer

i miss stronghold

i miss supreme commander

i miss the orignal crysis

the latest civ game was a huge disappointment

the total war series is just a mess

and you guys are going to hate me for this, but the only game i enjoy at the moment is FIFA

hopefully star citizen can break this mold

are any of you guys feeling the same way

Guess what? None of those games went anywhere. Go play them again! Personally, I'm really enjoying seeing games like Shadow of Mordor, Arkham City, Skyrim, etc. These new decade hasn't been bad for gaming at all! (2010 ->)

Those games you like are still there. Go play them.

i dunno about you guys but i really cant enjoy computer games at the moment, i see absolutely no challenge and its just the same old shit being recycled time and time again.

i miss stronghold

YES!! these, command and conquer zero hour, and stronghold crusader. still play them today. that and gangland, and AoE. dunno if its just because thats what i grew up with, but command and conquers no unit cap is amazing

Im more of an MMO guy, and yes, i feel the same.

WoW is "noobish". Diablo 3 is grind.

Ubisoft just produces crap.

EA tries, but gives us boring games.

Star citizen is not out yet.

Trion keeps bringing us korean MMOs that are apealing the first 2 weeks.

Playing league coz ive got lots of friends and H1Z1 for the same reason. Dying light is fun, but I can't play more than 2 hours straight of that game.

Planning on trying StarCitizen (Highly recommended)? STAR-NR5P-CJFR is my referal link 

Guess what? None of those games went anywhere. Go play them again! 

i recently have and you are right, there are major flaws with those games, mainly AI i guess, but they are fun compared to what comes out these days which is just button mashing, skyrim was properly the last game i well and truly loved playing

Thankfully (I think), I cannot relate to you because I don't play games for the challenge. I'm an artsy kind of person, so my main concerns in a game (ignoring performance) are things like character and world design, story, and music.

CPU: Intel i5 3550           | Cooler: Corsair A50          | Motherboard: Asus P8Z77      | Storage: Crucial MX200 250GB |

RAM: Corsair Vengeance 8GB   | GPU: GTX 1650                | Case: NZXT H440 (Red/Black)  | PSU: EVGA 650W G2            |

Thankfully (I think), I cannot relate to you because I don't play games for the challenge. I'm an artsy kind of person, so my main concerns in a game (ignoring performance) are things like character and world design, story, and music.

i really like your point, i do appreciated that stuff to, but theres nothing special or unique at the moment 

I feel you. I haven't really played anything in a while. I'm mainly waiting for GTA V to come out PC so I can replay it. Games are getting shorter and shorter. I want longevity and fun at the same time.

CPU i5 3570k MOBO Asus Maximus Gene V GPU Asus DCUII 670 CASE Corsair 350D (windowless) SSD Crucial M550 256GB msata CPU COOLER Noctua NH-D14 RAM Corsair XMS3 8GB 1600mhz PSU Corsair AX750 Display Asus PB287Q 4K (my review on it http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/380533-journey-into-4k-goodness-asus-pb287q-review/) & Asus VH236H 1080P

Keyboard Logitech G710+ MX Brown Mouse Logitech G502 (my review on it http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/299464-logitech-g502/ )

Proud owner of a BlackBerry Q10.

i miss stronghold

i miss supreme commander

i miss the orignal crysis

the latest civ game was a huge disappointment

the total war series is just a mess

and you guys are going to hate me for this, but the only game i enjoy at the moment is FIFA

hopefully star citizen can break this mold

are any of you guys feeling the same way

I have been feeling the exact same way for awhile now :(

CPU: AMD FX-6300     COOLER: Hyper 212 EVO    MOBO: ASUS M5A97 R2.0    RAM: Team Vulcan 8Gb (4Gb x 2) , G-Skill Sniper (4Gb x 2)    PSU: Rosewill HIVE-750w    GPU: ASUS HD 7790 2Gb OC    CASE: NZXT Phantom 410    STORAGE: WD Black 1Tb , Intel 530 120Gb     AUDIO: HyperX Cloud , Sennheiser HD 518 , Audio Technica ATH-M30 , Sennheiser MM30G , Yamaha RX-V361 , Pioneer SP-BS22     PHONE: Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge     PERIPHERALS: Razer BlackWidow Ultimate Classic , Logitech g502 ( Thanks Syntaxvgm <3 )

Yeah interesting point, I'll play a game and enjoy it based on it's standout feature(s), whatever they may be. Although I'm a sucker for good graphics and certain gameplay aspects.

I've been playing a lot of CSGO lately.

Thank you.

Wardojack.

I miss having a computer that natively supported my analog joystick, fraging noobs in BF3 with the jets was so much easier, and especially when dogfighting. XP FTW for real controllers.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

I've been playing a lot of indie games as they provide(imo) a greater challenge and skill level. most of the new triple A tittles seem  to me as if they are getting easier and easier to beat and level up (there are exception). Try some indie games out.

Also went back and started playing old games (90s + early 2000s)

Either you're master race or you're not.

I envy you, although I do like a good story line and how the game is designed, I am a gamer since the age of 4 and I like a good challenge, maybe its the competitiveness side of me but if a game is too easy, even if it looks amazing, I simply can't enjoy it.

Shut up about 'everything was so much better back in the day", there's still lots of great games being made.

There are some exceptions, such as the RTS genre, which is kinda dead right now.

You're simply looking at the wrong places or don't enjoy games as much as you used to.

I'm telling the truth! I AM a 12 year old girl!

Shut up about 'everything was so much better back in the day", there's still lots of great games being made.

There are some exceptions, such as the RTS genre, which is kinda dead right now.

You're simply looking at the wrong places or don't enjoy games as much as you used to.

What he is saying is that the newer triple a tittles are all refreshes of the same games.

I like BF2! and The Forgotten Hope 2 mod for it!

which isnt dead yet  cus of the community!

Also the original C&C generals

Sample Text ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Payday 2, grid autosport, minecraft, don't starve, fez, far cry 4, alien isolation, shadow of mordor, left 4 dead 2, mercenary kings and burnout paradise.....Can't go wrong with them.

I7 4790K-----ASUS Z97-A-----GTX 1080-----CORSAIR H105-----CORSAIR VENGEANCE PRO 16GB-----ASUS PG278Q-----LOGITECH G900-----MASTERKEYS PRO L-----Sennheiser GSX 1000

Don't you worry. Star Citizen will definitely break the mold. It will probably be the greatest game ever created simply for the amount of detail and personalization it will have alone. But yes OP, I feel the same about games on the PC lately. There are a few titles out there doesn't bore me to death though, so yea for that.

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

I just play CS:GO, GTA, Far Cry and some other shooters. Love Call of Duty as well.

Currently in the same spot as you, i have a ton of games but no one can keep my intrest for more then 15 mins cause they bore me

Never looked into some indie games tough, anyone has some sugestions ?

Let's agree to disagree

I don't really play many games for gameplay anymore honestly. I play most games just for the graphics.

:huh:  :angry:  <_<  :unsure:

"A picture is starting to form here... I wonder if it's accurate? Some pieces don't quite seem to fit. Or maybe I just don't like the way it looks."