AMD GPU speculation

marldorthegreat

From what I've heard it only goes up to 380X

Spoiler

Prometheus (Main Rig)

CPU-Z Verification

Laptop: 

Spoiler

Intel Core i3-5005U, 8GB RAM, Crucial MX 100 128GB, Touch-Screen, Intel 7260 WiFi/Bluetooth card.

Phone:

Game Consoles:

Spoiler

Softmodded Fat PS2 w/ 80GB HDD, and a Dreamcast.

If you want my attention quote my post, or tag me. If you don't use PCPartPicker I will ignore your build.

unlikely, seeing as most of those cards don't exist

"My opinion is that your opinion is wrong." - AlwaysFSX    CPU I5 4690k MB MSI Gaming 5 RAM 2 x 4GB HyperX Blu DDR3 GPU Asus GTX970 Strix,  Case Corsair 760T Storage 1 x 120GB 840EVO 1 x 1TB WD Blue, 1 x 500GB Toshiba  

The cave/beast v2 (OLD) http://imgur.com/a/8AmeH                                  PSU 600W Raidmax RX600AF Displays ASUS VS278Q-P x2, BenQ Xl2720z Cooling Dark Rock 3, 4 AP120s Keyboard Logitech G710+ Mouse Razer Deathadder 

i hope nvidia gets rekt

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

I think the R9 390X won't release right off the bat. 380X and lower will be 28 nm, 390X will release later in 20 nm and kill the Titan 2. I think i read something along those lines somewhere.

who cares...

I think that the amd 390x wil be a little better then 980/ti

from some leaked benckmarks a while back the 380x beat the 980

Are you new to the forums???? read the Code of Conduct HERE WANT SOME AWESOME LTT THEMED WALLPAPERS??? check out XTanksSlayerX's wallpaper thread HERE 

"May our framerates be high, and our temperatures low" - PC MasterRace

The R7 360X will be lower end than that. The 960 will be about the R9 370. Bear in mind that the 960 is about level with an R9 285, you're talking about that card dropping all the way to an R7 class GPU six months after release.

The R7 360X will be lower end than that. The 960 will be about the R9 370. Bear in mind that the 960 is about level with an R9 285, you're talking about that card dropping all the way to an R7 class GPU six months after release.

I 90% sure that it won't be in the r7 series and where do you get this information from ..?

I thought very little about these new amd gpus was confirmed.

PC  Specs 2022:

Spoiler
  • CPU
    AMD Ryzen R9 5900x @ 5.1GHz - Auto OC
  • Curve Optimizer Magnitude: -20
  • Motherboard
    ASUS ROG STRIX x570-F Gaming
  • RAM
                                        Kingston Fury 32GB DDR4 3200MHz 16x2GB
  • GPU
    MSI 3070 8GB Ventus 2x OC
  • Case
    LIAN LI LANCOOL MESH II Mesh RGB Black
  • Storage
    Kingston NV1 2TB M.2. NVMe
  • PSU
    Seasonic Focus GX 850w 
  • Display(s)
    MSI OPTIX MAG 251RX IPS 240hz & ASUS MG248Q Vertical 144hz & Dell 60hz
  • Cooling
    NZXT Kraken x73 360mm
  • Keyboard
    Tt eSports Meka G1
  • Mouse
    Logitech G Pro Wireless
  • Operating System
    -Windows 10 Professional 64bit

from some leaked benckmarks a while back the 380x beat the 980

Hype hype :P 

I'd say Nvidia are banking on their Titans to steal the cake 

Bleigh!  Ever hear of AC series? 

Would it matter? It'll all be priced to their performance anyway. 

No, but it's fun speculating, makes for some good discussions :) 

Bleigh!  Ever hear of AC series? 

I 90% sure that it won't be in the r7 series and where do you get this information from ..?

I thought very little about these new amd gpus was confirmed.

Because that's how AMD's current naming scheme works. The R9 series starts with the x70.

though to be honest they already have cards that compare to the 900 series in terms of performance. 

285x~gtx 960

290x~gtx 970

295x2 is about 100€ more expensive than the gtx 980 but also outperforms it quite a bit.

I really do hope the 3xx series is gonna beat the 900 series from nvidia.

though to be honest they already have cards that compare to the 900 series in terms of performance. 

285x~gtx 960

290x~gtx 970

295x2 is about 100€ more expensive than the gtx 980 but also outperforms it quite a bit.

I really do hope the 3xx series is gonna beat the 900 series from nvidia.

That's normal though. Most of the 700 series has an analogue to the 900 series. And I don't like comparing the 295X2 with the 980 because imo the only people who buy the single fastest GPU either AMD or Nvidia (as opposed to two of the second-fastest) are people who are going out of their way to avoid a multi-gpu solution. They never make sense from a cost perspective.

i hope nvidia gets rekt

But amd will rek our psu

I didn't know what to put here...

That's normal though. Most of the 700 series has an analogue to the 900 series. And I don't like comparing the 295X2 with the 980 because imo the only people who buy the single fastest GPU either AMD or Nvidia (as opposed to two of the second-fastest) are people who are going out of their way to avoid a multi-gpu solution. They never make sense from a cost perspective.

that's true that's why i didn't list any of the titans.

i for one would still prefer to buy a single card that has the performance of 2 weaker cards even if that single card should cost a bit more than the 2 weaker ones combined simply because of sli problems of tipple A titles (i am looking at you ubish... i mean ubisoft) and because of less space being used with only one card and less heat output. this is not the case with 980 vs 970 sli because the 980 is just a tad better than the 970 but i hope you get the idea :D

But amd will rek our psu

Not this age old bullshit again....

Not this age old bullshit again....

Ì dont get it

Ì dont get it

Yes, their cards have more power consumption, No you will not notice it in your monthly bill. What does it matter? And no, it doesn't break your PSU or anything

Yes, their cards have more power consumption, No you will not notice it in your monthly bill. What does it matter? And no, it doesn't break your PSU or anything

Im not saying anything bad just i wonder how do nvidia do it and amd doesnt

I don't know but the price is far lower in return so I don't mind

that's true that's why i didn't list any of the titans.

i for one would still prefer to buy a single card that has the performance of 2 weaker cards even if that single card should cost a bit more than the 2 weaker ones combined simply because of sli problems of tipple A titles (i am looking at you ubish... i mean ubisoft) and because of less space being used with only one card and less heat output. this is not the case with 980 vs 970 sli because the 980 is just a tad better than the 970 but i hope you get the idea :D

2-way SLI scaling isn't a problem. 3-way or more is. And, now that you mention Ubisoft, SLI is a necessity in AC:U just for it to be playable. I'm not talking about getting multiple mid range cards to match the performance of the top end. I'm talking about using two 970s instead of a 980, using two 780s instead of a 780ti, two R9 290s instead of a 290X. Two of the second-best GPU always makes more sense than the absolute best.

nvidia hasn't always had such a low tdp compared to amd/ati.

even if you look at the 780/780ti they use 250W which is 50W lower than the 290x. that's a difference of 0.25 kWh if you use it at full performance for 5 hours which is close to nothing imo