AMD GPU speculation

marldorthegreat

I don't know but the price is far lower in return so I don't mind

When the price is low nobody minds

I didn't know what to put here...

AMD NEED to release their top tier card straight away, they can't sand bag this. They need to release a 980ti breaking card so nvidia don't have a response to it.

Gaming PC: • AMD Ryzen 7 3900x • 16gb Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200mhz • Founders Edition 2080ti • 2x Crucial 1tb nvme ssd • NZXT H1• Logitech G915TKL • Logitech G Pro • Asus ROG XG32VQ • SteelSeries Arctis Pro Wireless

Laptop: MacBook Pro M1 512gb

AMD NEED to release their top tier card straight away, they can't sand bag this. They need to release a 980ti breaking card so nvidia don't have a response to it.

There is no such thing as a GTX980Ti on the market and nobody knows if such a card will ever exist unless maybe you are Jen-Hsung Huang.

Intel i7 7820X (delidded) @ 4.9GHz - MSI X299 M7 ACK + EKWB Fullcover Block - G.Skill Trident Z 32GB @ 3466MHz - nVidia Titan Xp + EKWB Fullcover Block @ 2.1GHz - Samsung 960Pro 2x - WDD Blue 2TB - Seasonic 750W Platinum - modded Corsair 600C - Hardtubed Custom Watercooling

There is no such thing as a GTX980Ti on the market and nobody knows if such a card will ever exist unless maybe you are Jen-Hsung Huang.

Why so stern

Why so stern

It's not stern just as a matter of fact that there's no GTX980Ti existing at this point and nobody knows if this will ever exist. Besides that the CEO of AMD already confirmend that we won't see anything from AMD's side until Q2 so it's very likely that nVidia's conter to that will be in Q3 or so.

The only rumor that could be true is the launch of the Maxwell Titan real soon. And the Titan sets itself above normal user grade GPUs, at least the original Titan (launched Feb. 2013) did.

Intel i7 7820X (delidded) @ 4.9GHz - MSI X299 M7 ACK + EKWB Fullcover Block - G.Skill Trident Z 32GB @ 3466MHz - nVidia Titan Xp + EKWB Fullcover Block @ 2.1GHz - Samsung 960Pro 2x - WDD Blue 2TB - Seasonic 750W Platinum - modded Corsair 600C - Hardtubed Custom Watercooling

It's not stern just as a matter of fact that there's no GTX980Ti existing at this point and nobody knows if this will ever exist. Besides that the CEO of AMD already confirmend that we won't see anything from AMD's side until Q2 so it's very likely that nVidia's conter to that will be in Q3 or so.

The only rumor that could be true is the launch of the Maxwell Titan real soon. And the Titan sets itself above normal user grade GPUs, at least the original Titan (launched Feb. 2013) did.

Just saying it is somewhat stern to be like 'there is no such thing'

You're right, there isn't, but just see it as him writing 'Nvidia's next step up in GPU's'

Just saying it is somewhat stern to be like 'there is no such thing'

You're right, there isn't, but just see it as him writing 'Nvidia's next step up in GPU's'

The only thing that I'm sure to see is a rather quick nVidia conter to AMD's next highend chip. But I really hope we will see a really good AMD highend card that people get the benefit of the price battle, maybe some price drops of current cards and that the consumer highend is not above 600USD (which is for most people already over the top).

Not this age old bullshit again....

^

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

if i remember correctly 780ti was only 15% faster than the 780... which is around  5-8 fps ...so dont expect huge performance improvements from 980ti ...980 is already pushing maxwell to its limits..

AMD Rig - (Upgraded): FX 8320 @ 4.8 Ghz, Corsair H100i GTX, ROG Crosshair V Formula, Ghz, 16 GB 1866 Mhz Ram, Msi R9 280x Gaming 3G @ 1150 Mhz, Samsung 850 Evo 250 GB, Win 10 Home

(My first Intel + Nvidia experience  - recently bought ) : MSI GT72S Dominator Pro G ( i7 6820HK, 16 GB RAM, 980M SLI, GSync, 1080p , 2x128 GB SSD + 1TB HDD... FeelsGoodMan

you honestly thing nvidia are done with their flag ship card as in the 980?? its not exactly a spectacular card even compared to last years 780ti. they need a true enthusiast card and that isn't it! 

if they didnt release one all AMD would have to do is release one thats slightly quicker at a lower price and its game set and match.. AMD wins this years Card wars.

Gaming PC: • AMD Ryzen 7 3900x • 16gb Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200mhz • Founders Edition 2080ti • 2x Crucial 1tb nvme ssd • NZXT H1• Logitech G915TKL • Logitech G Pro • Asus ROG XG32VQ • SteelSeries Arctis Pro Wireless

Laptop: MacBook Pro M1 512gb

you honestly thing nvidia are done with their flag ship card as in the 980?? its not exactly a spectacular card even compared to last years 780ti. they need a true enthusiast card and that isn't it! 

if they didnt release one all AMD would have to do is release one thats slightly quicker at a lower price and its game set and match.. AMD wins this years Card wars.

No no I don´t think that they are done. The GTX980 was the legit successor of the GTX680, and I´m sure down the road we will see something as a GK110 aka GTX780Ti successor. But they will first launch the Titan and that´s not really in the competition because it´s Titan. I mean more an affordable consumer grade highend card. For that they will for sure wait on AMD to make their move and then bring something. I could see them waiting to see how strong the R9 380X will be and then decide if they have to release a full version of GM200 with 3072 Cuda or a cut down version. Actually I wouldn´t be surprised seeing nVidia making such a move. They want to keep the Titan as the top dog as long as they possibly can and sell something less expensive that´s as fast as AMD´s GPU solution.

And what AMD does, well that remains to be seen, I think no one can tell at this point how the GPU wars will end. The R9 380X will still be in 28NM but with a large DIE size so it won´t be revolutionary other than the HBM. But we will have to wait until Q2 2015 and wait for hardfacts. All we can do is just speculate, because the known info is too little to make something real usable out of it.

Can't wait to find out if this card that goes under the name "Captain Jack" is the real deal, but as of now it could just as well be a fake, but if it where real then i Nvidia might want to watch their bag :D 

It's rumored to be either the R9 380X or 390X, guess we'll just have to wait and see about that ;)

011503yjegz86eyes86w8e.jpg

011518p1h2dduhz6xuo9j9.png

http://www.tomshardware.com/news/amd-captain-jack-rumor,28129.html

CPU: Intel I5 4670K Delid @ 4.2 ghz, Mobo: Asus ROG Maximus Ranger (Z97), GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming (fan mod), RAM: 2x 8 GB Kingston HyperX Fury 1866 @ 2133 mhz, SSD: 250 GB Samsung 840 Evo, Case: Antec P183 with mods, PSU: Antec TruePower 650w