What to do when someone wants to get beats

BasedChe

Some one told me they wanted to get beats. What headphones should I recommend them.

CPU i5-4690k Motherboard asrock h97-ac RAM 2x4 Crucial Sport GPU Msi 4g gtx 970 Case Silverstone sg13b-q Storage western digital scorpio black 500gb PSU csm 450w Display(s) acerh27hl bmid Cooling intel stock cooler Yeah I know right Keyboard I'd rather not say Mouse logitech g602 Sound beyerdynamic dt990pro Operating System windows 8.1

Some one told me they wanted to get beats. What headphones should I recommend them.

What kind of Beats?

"Rawr XD"

Beats him to death :)

Tell him that they are bad and to by hyperx cloud :)

Don't pester them about it. Like everything else, just let them know what you recommend and what you think would be better, and don't demonize them for their choice.

Don't pester them about it. Like everything else, just let them know what you recommend and what you think would be better, and don't demonize them for their choice.

If only more people followed this statue.

Updated 2021 Desktop || 3700x || Asus x570 Tuf Gaming || 32gb Predator 3200mhz || 2080s XC Ultra || MSI 1440p144hz || DT990 + HD660 || GoXLR + ifi Zen Can || Avermedia Livestreamer 513 ||

New Home Dedicated Game Server || Xeon E5 2630Lv3 || 16gb 2333mhz ddr4 ECC || 2tb Sata SSD || 8tb Nas HDD || Radeon 6450 1g display adapter ||

Like everyone else said (most said), let he/she get the beats and when they later on realize they aren't as good as other brands, they will know that beats are what I consider crap. 

Unless its a close friend or family members of yours, it isn't worth trying to hassling to them to get something else.

The people who buy beats are the people with more money than brains. That isn't to go without saying that you can't educate them though! 

That's why I'm trying to figure out what to recommend, they asked whats another good option. 

CPU i5-4690k Motherboard asrock h97-ac RAM 2x4 Crucial Sport GPU Msi 4g gtx 970 Case Silverstone sg13b-q Storage western digital scorpio black 500gb PSU csm 450w Display(s) acerh27hl bmid Cooling intel stock cooler Yeah I know right Keyboard I'd rather not say Mouse logitech g602 Sound beyerdynamic dt990pro Operating System windows 8.1

Show them your better headphones and let em compare xD

That's why I'm trying to figure out what to recommend, they asked whats another good option. 

Did they specify what model they were looking at? Just to get an idea for how much they're spending.

Did they specify what model they were looking at? Just to get an idea for how much they're spending.

I'm pretty sure the studios I know nothing about beats.

The people who buy beats are the people with more money than brains. That isn't to go without saying that you can't educate them though! 

Actually that isn't all true, I have seen people who barely have enough money to pay for food and or rent, go out and buy those  overpriced headphones, especially the higher tiered ones.

As long as he's getting the Solo 2, it should be fine... else recommend something else... Like the Superlux HD661 or HD660 if he likes himself some bass...

HD 661 In-depth review:

http://rockgrotto.proboards.com/thread/7072/superlux-661-first-impressions-reviews

HD660 review:

http://www.head-fi.org/products/superlux-hd-660

Disclosure: I tried the Solo 2, HD661 and HD660 in shops and prefer the build quality of Superlux over Beats.

Edit: Also, don't be fooled by the impedance of the HD660, it can be driven easily by a phone or my Sony Walkman B-series mp3 player...

I'm pretty sure the studios I know nothing about beats.

The Studio ones are relatively expensive, sitting at a little over $200 (USD).

Headphones I've been looking at in that price-range:

V-Moda Crossfade (there's also a more expensive version)

AKG 701

Just two examples, assuming this person wants to use the headphones with mobile devices as well which shouldn't require any external amp solution.

There's likely better options, but those are just the ones I've had my eye on for some time.

Step 1: Take him or her out to dinner to soften them up

Step 2: Look deep into his or her eyes

Step 3: Repeat Step 1 and 2 until sufficiently soften

Step 4: Skip Step 1, 2, 3, and go straight to Step 5 if you're no fun

Step 5: Take them to the store and actually have him or her do some listening tests with different genre of music, if they still want Beats after that then whatever. 

Step 1: Take him or her out to dinner to soften them up

Step 2: Look deep into his or her eyes

Step 3: Repeat Step 1 and 2 until sufficiently soften

Step 4: Skip Step 1, 2, 3, and go straight to Step 5 if you're no fun

Step 5: Take them to the store and actually have him or her do some listening tests with different genre of music, if they still want Beats after that then whatever. 

Is it ok if I skip 2 and 4.

Is it ok if I skip 2 and 4.

ho oh, I'm guessing it's a girl, heh.

lol sure.

ho oh, I'm guessing it's a girl, heh.

lol sure.

:blush:

Well, if they want to buy the beats solo, I would show them vmoda xs or sennheiser urbanite. For beats studio, Vmoda M100 & new sennheiser momentum 

Let them, they aren't as bad as they use to be, and you will just annoy them anyway .

Just because the newest one doesn't suck doesn't mean they can't still buy the other ones.