Need help creating a build

Shikarikato

Going to build a new rig for my sister, she doesn't do anything intensive. The most intensive thing she'll be doing is playing Aion for the most part. Prefer for the build to be under $1,000 and probably not borderline $1,000 since Aion isn't intensive at all.

Check out the AMD APUs (A10-5800k, for example). If you use one of these you don't have to worry about a dedicated GPU, and can spend the saved money on a nice monitor, peripherals or speakers, etc. Just get a compatible motherboard (mITX if you want to save some more money), throw in an SSD that supports TRIM (Intel 330, Patriot Pyro, Samsung 840, etc) and a 500GB-1TB HDD (WD Green, etc) for storage. If you want to be a bit fancy, throw it all inside of a Bitfenix Prodigy case. Good luck, hope this helps.

i3-2130

gigabyte h61 MATX Motherboard

8gb adata ram at 1333 mhz

1tb hard drive

radeon hd 6570

fractal design arc mini

seasonic 350w 80plus

lite on dvd drive

acer monitor

all from pc part picker total: $762.23

should be a good build right here

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/zS9r

For the operating system u could boot it from usb thats what i did, since u pretty much dont need a optical drive anymore.

If u want u could add an ssd, this is almost the samesystem as i did build (very small changes) and it runs far cry 3 highest settings, u could switch case if u want to aswell.,

I got the Oc version of the Graphic card and diffrent RAM.

You dont need 650w with this build but if u some time want to upgrade videocard or something like that it is nice to have some room.

Chuck in a pink edition NZXT phantom I bet she'll love that :)

export PS1='\[\033[1;30m\]┌╼ \[\033[1;32m\]\u@\h\[\033[1;30m\] ╾╼ \[\033[0;34m\]\w\[\033[0;36m\]\n\[\033[1;30m\]└╼ \[\033[1;37m\]'

"All your threads are belong to /dev/null"

| 80's Terminal Keyboard Conversion | $5 Graphics Card Silence Mod Tutorial | 485KH/s R9 270X | The Smallest Ethernet Cable | Ass Pennies | My Screenfetch |

Have you got peripherals and screens as well as Windows?

Have you got peripherals and screens as well as Windows?
people all ways lave that out :o its the most imported heehhehehe
| Contact Information |
My Teamspeak : Austs1.gameservers.com:9334  |  Steam: Iamtictac456  |  My other aliases include Scruffy and Scruffy Biggems :)

Yeah I have peripherals and windows, I only need the computer parts to build a new computer.

Intel 3570 on a P8H77-M LE from Asus

8GB of Corsair Vengeance

MSI 7870 Hawk

Seagate Barracuda 1TB for data

Intel 330 60GB SSD as a boot disk

Corsair 200R

Corsair CX-600 PSU.

That'll set you back about $950. If you want to save money on it, you can drop the RAM to 4GB and drop the CPU to a 3470.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/zZk8 This a very well balanced system that will suit all her gaming needs for $900

gots a samsung 840 120gb

asus 7870

2tb seagate barracuda

fx 6300 and hyper 212 evo

fractal design define r4

antec 80plus bronze modular 520w

8gb of corsair vengeance 1600mhz Very powerful for the money :)

export PS1='\[\033[1;30m\]┌╼ \[\033[1;32m\]\u@\h\[\033[1;30m\] ╾╼ \[\033[0;34m\]\w\[\033[0;36m\]\n\[\033[1;30m\]└╼ \[\033[1;37m\]'

"All your threads are belong to /dev/null"

| 80's Terminal Keyboard Conversion | $5 Graphics Card Silence Mod Tutorial | 485KH/s R9 270X | The Smallest Ethernet Cable | Ass Pennies | My Screenfetch |

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/zZk8 This a very well balanced system that will suit all her gaming needs for $900 gots a samsung 840 120gb asus 7870 2tb seagate barracuda fx 6300 and hyper 212 evo fractal design define r4 antec 80plus bronze modular 520w 8gb of corsair vengeance 1600mhz Very powerful for the money :)

Thank you for posting a build that isn't overkill and actually bits the users need and budget. Though you can probably save some money and grab a Phenom II X4 Black Edition instead. Though you would need a 125w supported motherboard.

You probably know something about components so im just going to recommend where you can cut from a pc.

1) If you are playing a simple game and doing other little tasks you don't need any sort of beast processor. A i3 or a cheap AMD would do fine

2) you dont need to cut on the ram, it is cheap as dirt right now so throw in as much as you can

3) go for a standard case, dont use a huge overkill motherboard just minimal

4) Put a hard drive in there that can hold something, she probably wants a bit of storage for music or movies)

5) get a cheap Graphics card, probably a 560 ti would be a good choice or some lesser like a 7850

These are general opinions but its a basic build.

(maybe try to get her interested in the hobby?)

Intel i7-3770k @ 4.5 GHz                               DCUII GTX 680                            16GB Corsair Vengeance RAM

Sabertooth Z77 ATX                                      WD Caviar Blue 500GB+ 1TB      Corsair Obsidian 750D

Corsair TX850M Watt PSU                            Bad Custom Water Cooling          Samsung 840 Pro SSD

You probably know something about components so im just going to recommend where you can cut from a pc.

1) If you are playing a simple game and doing other little tasks you don't need any sort of beast processor. A i3 or a cheap AMD would do fine

2) you dont need to cut on the ram, it is cheap as dirt right now so throw in as much as you can

3) go for a standard case, dont use a huge overkill motherboard just minimal

4) Put a hard drive in there that can hold something, she probably wants a bit of storage for music or movies)

5) get a cheap Graphics card, probably a 560 ti would be a good choice or some lesser like a 7850

These are general opinions but its a basic build.

(maybe try to get her interested in the hobby?)

Yeah I know a little bit on building computers I'm just not very great at cutting for lower end builds since everyone I know does more intensive tasks.