highest graphic for 860k?

SonGoku

i plan to run one 1080 p monitor 60 hz only. i don't play aaa games. only maplestory, csgo, and mmo games that run on a potato. also should i get a 6300 for krita?

I wouldn't go above an R9 280.

Get an i3 if you can, it's a lot better than 860k in games. 

RIP in pepperonis m8s

The 860k actually has more performance per a clock than any FX series because its an updated architecture. Its a solid 4 core CPU for cheap over all.

I would say r9 285 or Nvidia equivalent would be good fit for the CPU at max, No SLI or Crossfire though. 

[ Cruel Angel ]:     Exterior  -   BENQ XL2420T   |   SteelSeries MLG Sensei   |   Corsair K70 RED   |   Corsair 900D  |                                                                                                    CPU:    -   4.7Ghz @ 1.425v             |

Interior    -   i7 4770k   |    Maximus VI Formula    |   Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB    |   ASUS GTX 980 Strix SLIx2  |  840 Pro 512Gb    |    WD Black 2TB  |           RAM:   -   2400Mhz OC @ 1.650v    |

Cooling   -   XSPC 120mm x7 Total Radiator Space   |   XSPC RayStorm    |    PrimoChill Tubing/Res  |                                                                                             GPU:   -   1000Mhz @ 1.158            |

The 860k actually has more performance per a clock than any FX series because its an updated architecture. Its a solid 4 core CPU for cheap over all.

I would say r9 285 or Nvidia equivalent would be good fit for the CPU at max, No SLI or Crossfire though. 

The IPC improvement in Steamroller is very minor. It's about 5-10% more efficient than Piledriver (FX x3xx chips), but on the flipside you'll be lucky to see 4.5GHz on an 860K while you can get 4.6-5GHz on the majority of Piledriver chips. However in games with a dedicated GPU it doesn't have as bad framerate dips due to having fewer shared resources (I think Steamroller cores get their own decoder rather than two cores sharing one decoder).

I'd have to agree... a Radeon R9 280/285 or a GeForce GTX 760/960 is the highest I would go with the 860K.

Intel i5-4690K @ 3.8GHz || Gigabyte Z97X-SLI || 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws X 1600MHz || Asus GTX 760 2GB @ 1150 / 6400 || 128GB A-Data SX900 + 1TB Toshiba 7200RPM || Corsair RM650 || Fractal 3500W

If I recall, Krita doesn't benefit from more CPU or CUDA in Nvida GPUs.

The IPC improvement in Steamroller is very minor. It's about 5-10% more efficient than Piledriver (FX x3xx chips), but on the flipside you'll be lucky to see 4.5GHz on an 860K while you can get 4.6-5GHz on the majority of Piledriver chips. However in games with a dedicated GPU it doesn't have as bad framerate dips due to having fewer shared resources (I think Steamroller cores get their own decoder rather than two cores sharing one decoder).

When I still had my 860K, anything higher than 4.5 Ghz you won't get any performance gains for some reason, but you can't really push it more since the stock voltage are already hella high.

Remember a wise man once said, "You'll most likely hear/see more bad reviews from products than good, because if they get a good product, they won't bother to write a review, and if they got a bad product, they'll complain about the product" ~ SoftenButterCream

This ^^

the 860K is currently AMD's best per core performer, and should do well with anything up to 280x or 680/770. 

R9 3900XT | Tomahawk B550 | Ventus OC RTX 3090 | Photon 1050W | 32GB DDR4 | TUF GT501 Case | Vizio 4K 50'' HDR

If I recall, Krita doesn't benefit from more CPU or CUDA in Nvida GPUs.

When I still had my 860K, anything higher than 4.5 Ghz you won't get any performance gains for some reason, but you can't really push it more since the stock voltage are already hella high.

Most people don't get past ~4.5GHz anyways. But yeah, I suspect that the Athlon 860K is still cache limited (in terms of how the CPU affects frame latency) much like the FX CPUs are. Overclocking doesn't provide very substantial in-game improvements in most games with AMD's Bulldozer family chips.

Intel i5-4690K @ 3.8GHz || Gigabyte Z97X-SLI || 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws X 1600MHz || Asus GTX 760 2GB @ 1150 / 6400 || 128GB A-Data SX900 + 1TB Toshiba 7200RPM || Corsair RM650 || Fractal 3500W

Most people don't get past ~4.5GHz anyways. But yeah, I suspect that the Athlon 860K is still cache limited (in terms of how the CPU affects frame latency) much like the FX CPUs are. Overclocking doesn't provide very substantial in-game improvements in most games with AMD's Bulldozer family chips.

True. From what OP plays, a pentium 4 would even work lol.

Remember a wise man once said, "You'll most likely hear/see more bad reviews from products than good, because if they get a good product, they won't bother to write a review, and if they got a bad product, they'll complain about the product" ~ SoftenButterCream

i plan to run one 1080 p monitor 60 hz only. i don't play aaa games. only maplestory, csgo, and mmo games that run on a potato. also should i get a 6300 for krita?

If you don't play AAA games don't go AMD. Maplestory and other related MMOs are heavily single-threaded, and Intel would be a much better choice. i3 if you can, but if you can't then this is one of the situations where G3258 is still noticeably better then Athlon X4

"Rawr XD"