OnePlus names new ROM

Techteen14

As many of you know, we will be launching our own ROM in the near future. We’ve spent a lot of time thinking about what this ROM means to us and our fans. We realized that, like everything we do, our true goal is to make the product that we ourselves would want to use—to make great technology more accessible for everyone. With our ROM, that means software that is open, customizable, and free of bloat and unnecessary features.

When we designed the One, we went back to the drawing board, creating a smartphone that offers a bold, powerful, straight-forward experience.

And, that’s exactly what we plan to do with our ROM.

After considering all of the amazing suggestions you guys gave us, we found the name that truly inspired us:

OxygenOS

As an element, Oxygen is the epitome of simplicity, yet it’s also extraordinarily powerful.

Oxygen is all around us. It’s part of us and everything we do. It creates the water that carves out valleys and moves mountains. By itself, it’s simple and pure—a fundamental building block. But, as a part of something greater, it can do amazing things. Just like us.

Together, we will do big things.

Stay tuned; more information is coming on February 12th.

And, as always, Never Settle.

(https://forums.oneplus.net/threads/meet-the-oneplus-rom-oxygenos.256294/)

Hmm, seems interesting. I hope they don't screw this up. I wonder just how open it'll be. I hope they optimize this for the OPO, this is a great opportunity to do so.

"We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." ~Carl Sagan

OnePlus One, 64GB Black, Rooted, Oxygen OS 1.0.0
Moto 360, Silver Finish with 22mm Cognac Leather Band, Pascual watchface
iPad with Retina Display (3rd Generation), 16GB, Black, Wifi Only

CPU: Intel i5-4690K CPU Cooler: Stock Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z97N WIFI Mini ITX RAM: Kingston Savage 8GB 1866MHz SSD: Sandisk Ultra Plus 256GB HDD: WD Caviar Blue 1TB 7200RPM Case: Fractal Design Node 304, Black GPU: Intel HD Graphics 4600 PSU: Corsair RM450 OS:
Windows 7 Ultimate Windows 8.1 Pro for Students Monitor: Acer K242HL Bhid 1080p 24" Monitor Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Blue Mouse: Logitech T650

"Oxygen is all around us. It’s part of us and everything we do. It creates the water that carves out valleys and moves mountains."

what?

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.1 Corinthians 13:4

"Oxygen is all around us. It’s part of us and everything we do. It creates the water that carves out valleys and moves mountains."

what?

Do you have a moment to talk about science?

As long as they stick to AOSP they can limit their crash slightly if they screw it up.

Steve

what?

Yeah, the Engrish is strong with that one.

Also, stop it OnePlus, you're offending hydrogen.

"We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." ~Carl Sagan

CPU: Intel i5-4690K CPU Cooler: Stock Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z97N WIFI Mini ITX RAM: Kingston Savage 8GB 1866MHz SSD: Sandisk Ultra Plus 256GB HDD: WD Caviar Blue 1TB 7200RPM Case: Fractal Design Node 304, Black GPU: Intel HD Graphics 4600 PSU: Corsair RM450 OS:
Windows 7 Ultimate Windows 8.1 Pro for Students Monitor: Acer K242HL Bhid 1080p 24" Monitor Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Blue Mouse: Logitech T650

I'm more excited about Cyanogen, especially now that they have a decent influx of cash from Microsoft.

I have no faith in OnePlus as a company.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

what?

Yeah, the Engrish is strong with that one.

Also, stop it OnePlus, you're offending hydrogen.

What? Firstly the sentence was perfectly legible with correct grammar. Secondly without the Oxygen atom the molecule of water (H2O) would not be able to form in addition to any of the other required molecules and compounds that are needed to sustain life; since Oxygen is a key element and building block in many compounds.

Without Oxygen water would not be able to form and wouldn't be able to create vander waals/Hydrogen interactions to form a crystaline latice in cold teperatures. This crystline latice turns water from a liquid to a solid creating ice which with further buildup creates glaciers that carved out many of the valleys and mountains we see today; through their movement as they melt and the erosion that occurs.

Do you have a moment to talk about science?

Is that enough science? :D

Gaming PC: Case: NZXT Phantom 820 Black | PSU: XFX 750w PRO Black Edition 80Plus Gold (Platinum) | CPU: Intel Core i5 4690K | CPU Cooler: BE QUIET! Dark Rock Pro 2 | MB: ASUS Sabertooth Z97 Mark S | RAM: 24GB Kingston HyperX and Corsair Vengeance 1866MHz | GPU: MSI R9 280X 3G | SSD: Samsung 840 Evo 250GB | HDD: 9TB Total | Keyboard: K70 RGB Brown | Mouse: R.A.T MMO7

Laptop: HP Envy 15-j151sa | 1920x1080 60HZ LED | APU: AMD A10-5750M 2.5GHZ - 3.5GHZ | 8GB DDR3 1600mhz | GPU: AMD  HD 8650G + 8750M Dual Graphics | 1TB SSHD

I'm actually plenty excited. I'm excited to see what it will look like. Maybe has some nice features like double tap to wake, gestures, etc, like what CM 11S had.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

OMG the marketing blabla is killing me, is there any proper info in it? I can't read that PR speak so well anymore it insults my humanity...

OK that was a little harsh, sorry about that. Hope it'll be a good ROM.

If they don't hurry up and come out with an update with android 5.0 I am going to load up a custom rom. I am getting antsy wanting to survive 5 days on a single charge. 

Internets Machine: Intel 4690k w/ Be Quiet! Pure Rock 4.7Ghz. MSI Krait z97. 16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport Ram. MSI GTX 970 SLI 1520mhz. 500GB Samsung EVO 840  & 3TB WD Blue Drive. Rosewill 1000w Modular PSU. Corsair Air 540

My Beats Yo: Desktop:SMSL SA-160 Amp, KEF Q100 w/ Dayton 100w Sub Theater: Micca MB42X-C x3, MB42X x2, COVO-S x2 w/Dayton 120w Sub Headphones:  HIFiMan HE-400i, PSB M4U2, Philips Fidelio X2, Modded Fostex T50RP, ATH-M50, NVX XPT100, Phillips SHP9500, Pioneer SE-A1000, Hyper X Cloud 1&2, CHC Silverado, Superlux 668B

If they don't hurry up and come out with an update with android 5.0 I am going to load up a custom rom. I am getting antsy wanting to survive 5 days on a single charge. 

But that seems a bit much. Besides, the OPO has excellent battery life, depends on how you use it.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

But that seems a bit much. Besides, the OPO has excellent battery life, depends on how you use it.

I know, I already get 3-4 days on a single charge. 5 days on a single charge is quite an accomplishment for a phone though, and it sounds like it is taking it to the next level. 4 is okay, but 5..... WHEW that extra day makes a difference. /s

Internets Machine: Intel 4690k w/ Be Quiet! Pure Rock 4.7Ghz. MSI Krait z97. 16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport Ram. MSI GTX 970 SLI 1520mhz. 500GB Samsung EVO 840  & 3TB WD Blue Drive. Rosewill 1000w Modular PSU. Corsair Air 540

My Beats Yo: Desktop:SMSL SA-160 Amp, KEF Q100 w/ Dayton 100w Sub Theater: Micca MB42X-C x3, MB42X x2, COVO-S x2 w/Dayton 120w Sub Headphones:  HIFiMan HE-400i, PSB M4U2, Philips Fidelio X2, Modded Fostex T50RP, ATH-M50, NVX XPT100, Phillips SHP9500, Pioneer SE-A1000, Hyper X Cloud 1&2, CHC Silverado, Superlux 668B

I'm actually plenty excited. I'm excited to see what it will look like. Maybe has some nice features like double tap to wake, gestures, etc, like what CM 11S had.

Ehm dude, I don't think they would remove double tap to wake after all this time, lol.

All they had to do was to take a clean version of Android 5.0 and add a dark mode for all of us who hate the white background in the app drawer and elsewhere. Or try and get Ubuntu touch running. Not sure why none of those companies seems to be able to figure out the simple stuff.

I don't really play many games for gameplay anymore honestly. I play most games just for the graphics.

What? Firstly the sentence was perfectly legible with correct grammar.

Oxygen is all around us. It’s part of us and everything we do. It creates the water that carves out valleys and moves mountains.

Oxygen doesn't "create" water, it's part of it, and water doesn't move mountains. It's not illegible, but it's not correct grammar.

Secondly without the Oxygen atom the molecule of water (H2O) would not be able to form in addition to any of the other required molecules and compounds that are needed to sustain life; since Oxygen is a key element and building block in many compounds.

Without Oxygen water would not be able to form and wouldn't be able to create vander waals/Hydrogen interactions to form a crystaline latice in cold teperatures. This crystline latice turns water from a liquid to a solid creating ice which with further buildup creates glaciers that carved out many of the valleys and mountains we see today; through their movement as they melt and the erosion that occurs

But hydrogen is just as important. Also, I know this, as I'm taking a biology course that has chemistry mixed in.

The CEO of Cyanogen said early this month that 5.0. is coming in February. I can't wait either.

All they had to do was to take a clean version of Android 5.0 and add a dark mode for all of us who hate the white background in the app drawer and elsewhere.

Nova Launcher, CM Theme engine.

Or try and get Ubuntu touch running. Not sure why none of those companies seems to be able to figure out the simple stuff.

Then there's the people like me who hate Ubuntu touch.

wouldnt hydrgen be a scientific more correct name in multiple ways?

it's more "simple", lighter, just as important(if not more) and a tad more powerfull(hydrogen vs oxygen bombs, heh)

May the light have your back and your ISO low.

Oxygen doesn't "create" water, it's part of it, and water doesn't move mountains. It's not illegible, but it's not correct grammar.

But hydrogen is just as important. Also, I know this, as I'm taking a biology course that has chemistry mixed in.

The CEO of Cyanogen said early this month that 5.0. is coming in February. I can't wait either.

Id we're going by what we're studying then I took a course in college in Applied science and am now studying Biomedicine which is basically all biology and chemistry -__-

Yes both Oxygen and Hydrogen are as important as eachother, but without one or the other Water would not form...maybe you should take a lesson in geography and look at the second video whilst your at it. Through the act of erosion and deposition by water and glaciers new landforms are created (I can give you a bunch of links if you would like? :) )...please tell me where the incorrect grammar was in that sentence?

Gaming PC: Case: NZXT Phantom 820 Black | PSU: XFX 750w PRO Black Edition 80Plus Gold (Platinum) | CPU: Intel Core i5 4690K | CPU Cooler: BE QUIET! Dark Rock Pro 2 | MB: ASUS Sabertooth Z97 Mark S | RAM: 24GB Kingston HyperX and Corsair Vengeance 1866MHz | GPU: MSI R9 280X 3G | SSD: Samsung 840 Evo 250GB | HDD: 9TB Total | Keyboard: K70 RGB Brown | Mouse: R.A.T MMO7

Laptop: HP Envy 15-j151sa | 1920x1080 60HZ LED | APU: AMD A10-5750M 2.5GHZ - 3.5GHZ | 8GB DDR3 1600mhz | GPU: AMD  HD 8650G + 8750M Dual Graphics | 1TB SSHD

I'm more excited about Cyanogen, especially now that they have a decent influx of cash from Microsoft.

I have no faith in OnePlus as a company.

This is strange. Considering the way Cyanogen has shown to do business, I wouldn't put faith in them at all. As an owner of the Oneplus One, it surprised me to see that cyanogen had no qualms tearing up a 2 year contract, abandoning an entire consumer base over email. 

Not angry or anything, Just curious to know why you have your view.

This is strange. Considering the way Cyanogen has shown to do business, I wouldn't put faith in them at all. As an owner of the Oneplus One, it surprised me to see that cyanogen had no qualms tearing up a 2 year contract, abandoning an entire consumer base over email. 

Not angry or anything, Just curious to know why you have your view.

Right, OPO has cyanogen written on the back, its their phone too in a way, yet they don't seem to care.

Right, OPO has cyanogen written on the back

Not anymore.

Right, OPO has cyanogen written on the back, its their phone too in a way, yet they don't seem to care.

Yea. I wouldn't want to work with cyanogen either after what they did. They make good rooms, but their shady when it comes to conducting business. It's one of the reasons I'm opting for Oxygen OS over CM12.

So does anyone know if it's smart to wait until they ship it with the OxOS, or buy it now and flash it with the OxOS later on?

I don't mine installing roms, but I feel like it's better to have the OxygenOS as the stock instead of the ROM.