Do androids get slower over time?

kdsjr123

I was wondering if androids got slower over time. I was thinking about upgrading from a iPhone 4 to a HTC One M8. I had a really bad android before my iPhone and it was really slow. I was just wondering if androids get slower over time. Thanks.

Well a low end device might but the Flagship/High ends usually don't get slower, but will start to slug a bit more after 2-3years of use. (nothing bad with that, thats just tech space evoloving.) Probably can last even longer with a phone today because resolutions change so the power is going up with the resolution.

Computing enthusiast. 
I use to be able to input a cheat code now I've got to input a credit card - Total Biscuit

"Androids"

regardless, this is probably due to storage being used more and more as time goes on. Just clean it and have a reasonable amount of space and you should be fine.

I'm not sure if they (phones in general) get slower (I'm sure they do, with all the stuff in storage), or if everything else gets faster. :P

"We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." ~Carl Sagan

OnePlus One, 64GB Black, Rooted, Oxygen OS 1.0.0
Moto 360, Silver Finish with 22mm Cognac Leather Band, Pascual watchface
iPad with Retina Display (3rd Generation), 16GB, Black, Wifi Only

CPU: Intel i5-4690K CPU Cooler: Stock Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z97N WIFI Mini ITX RAM: Kingston Savage 8GB 1866MHz SSD: Sandisk Ultra Plus 256GB HDD: WD Caviar Blue 1TB 7200RPM Case: Fractal Design Node 304, Black GPU: Intel HD Graphics 4600 PSU: Corsair RM450 OS:
Windows 7 Ultimate Windows 8.1 Pro for Students Monitor: Acer K242HL Bhid 1080p 24" Monitor Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Blue Mouse: Logitech T650

Well, as applications and games become more demanding, and optimized, it'll probably slow down, although that would apply to any phone- android and iphones, as well as computers; The raw performance isn't just going to deteriorate over time.

They may get slower..

But if they do ... Its because they are old ..

I use a 2 year old nexus 4 . its the best phone to get the job done. I don't think that it has become slower than usual .. But its definitely slower than these new devices .

Check out my guide if you think your phone has become slower :-http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/299778-guide-how-to-make-your-droid-snappier-update-seeder-app-significantly-improves-speed-for-slow-devices/

Hope I helped :)

How to make your droids snappier:

The ultimate laptop buying guide :

well the moto g(budget phone) got lollipop and the performance got better so not really. samsung phones yeah,touchwizz+bloat

Edited by s3ns3

In theory everything gets slower over time, the first thing that becomes noticeable with smartphones is usually the battery life going real bad. Phones don't really get slower as long as they're properly supported, a lighter ROM can also help a lot. Much like PC's, for example a laptop from 2008 is still solid with a lightweight OS. They will definitely become slow for the standard someday though, because technology improves fast.

Asus B85M-G / Intel i5-4670 / Sapphire 290X Tri-X / 16GB RAM (Corsair Value 1x8GB + Crucial 2x4GB) @1333MHz / Coolermaster B600 (600W) / Be Quiet! Silent Base 800 / Adata SP900 128GB SSD & WD Green 2TB & SG Barracuda 1TB / Dell AT-101W / Logitech G502 / Acer G226HQL & X-Star DP2710LED

I was wondering if androids got slower over time. I was thinking about upgrading from a iPhone 4 to a HTC One M8. I had a really bad android before my iPhone and it was really slow. I was just wondering if androids get slower over time. Thanks.

Hardware doesn't get slower over time.... it's just that apps get more demanding over time. If you were to take a Galaxy S2 and use the Facebook app that released 4 years ago, it would be every bit as fast as it was when the S2 was released. But use it with today's latest release of the app, and it's much slower vs an newer device.

"Rawr XD"