Nvidias damage control is slimy and patronising

SilkySkills

Linus bashed Nvidia pretty hard?

The guy yelling Nvidia lied is a liar himself. Irony much?

Um What please back up your inane claims ...

Um What please back up your inane claims ...

Back up yours first.....
You can't be serious.  Hyperthreading is a market joke?

I wonder how many of these people who complain bought the card because of those numbers on the spec sheets.

Not me, I just bought it because:

1. I got told that I'd be better off waiting as the GTX 970 was going to give me a bigger performance increase over my GTX 650Ti (if it had an 8pin connector, or another 6pin, I'd have overclocked it more than 240MHz, 58oC gave me a lot of headroom for higher overclocks, and that was with the voltage maxed out-it was a beast)
  2. I saw the benchmarks shortly after its release
  3. It was the only graphics card that was an improvement over the 650Ti in any of the local stores

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

ok, much personal attacking and not needed. keep on the topic/point without

personal attacks and the thread stays live, otherwise, out comes the padlock.

Please padlock all of these pointless threads. Half of this forum has turned into flame wars and slinging insults. It needs a major cleaning imo.
You can't be serious.  Hyperthreading is a market joke?

I wonder how many of these people who complain bought the card because of those numbers on the spec sheets.

It tanks above 3.2GB of usage. It's terrible. Swaps are almost faster. It would almost work better as a 3 gig card or something. When I'm testing stuff, I limit the engine from using more than 3GB on this card just to avoid this crap. 

I have not ran into a problem with normal gaming really, not even at 1600p. 

It won't stop me from buying another NVIDIA product. Hell AMDs record holding shittiest drivers known to man don't stop me from buying their cards either if they are good cards. 

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

Please padlock all of these pointless threads. Half of this forum has turned into flame wars and slinging insults. It needs a major cleaning imo.

Nvidia fan says LOl.

Come back after five minutes, 10+ notifications. Oh this is great.

Try 400 on the last one. In literally 3 hours it got over 400 posts. I ended up having to un-follow it.

PMSL

Try 400 on the last one. In literally 3 hours it got over 400 posts. I ended up having to un-follow it.

It's a huge issue.

It tanks above 3.2GB of usage. It's terrible. Swaps are almost faster. It would almost work better as a 3 gig card or something. When I'm testing stuff, I limit the engine from using more than 3GB on this card just to avoid this crap. 

It won't stop me from buying another NVIDIA product. Hell AMDs record holding shittiest drivers known to man don't stop me from buying their cards either if they are good cards. 

Me neither, mine ran perfectly fine in Shadow of Mordor with ultra hd textures 50-60fps

"Graphics and gameplay are not mutually exclusive."

"Nvidia, AMD, Intel, or whatever company out there has only one end goal and that is PROFIT.

If you think these companies exist for any other reason you're gonna be disappointed my dear. CAVEAT EMPTOR"

I absolutely agree. I like AMD. I'll be the first to tell you to not buy an FX processor, but my first dedicated card was an HD 7870 GHz, and because of that, I have an attachment to that card and AMD. I still recommend the R9 290 and 290X rather regularly, considering how cheap they can get. My next upgrade was supposed to be an R9 390X, or whatever high powered flagship that threw my 780 out of the water. This red fanboy, "boycott NVIDIA" stuff really does bring down the general quality of the boards. It's disgusting to see it and a lack of critical thinking from the board users.

I have to know what the deal is with the FX processor hate train. Care to explain? don't want to derail the thread, but i've been seeing this everywhere. And i'm fairly new to tech forums, so I usually don't get opinions outside of reviews for the products. I nearly bought a n 8350 instead of my i7 just to save some money. But I ended up feeling like the i7 would do me better in the long run on power consumption and heat. Is that all the problem there is with the FX line, or is there something else i'm missing?

It really are the Nvidia die hards that I find worse than Nvidia itself, which like any company is going to do whatever they can to increase profit and marketshare. Most of their hardcore fans, the ones  who wont even consider AMD, are kids who tend to just go along with the crowd without thinking. They cling to Nvidia like a little kid clinging to his blanky. This is why Nvidia tends to treat its customers like idiots, because quite frankly, a lot of them are.

Let's not act like there are any fanboys out there who are any better about this when it comes to their favorite company. The shit slinging from both sides needs to stop.

See all the bad energy created by nvidia ... sigh !

You're going to blame your trolling on Nvidia? That's a new one.

What is the point ?

Christ, dude... Are you still going? 

CPU: i7 7700k @ 4.9GHz Cooling: NZXT Kraken X62 RAM: 16 GB GSkill Trident Z RGB GPU: Sapphire Nitro R9 390 Case:Phanteks Evolv TG

I have to know what the deal is with the FX processor hate train. Care to explain? don't want to derail the thread, but i've been seeing this everywhere. And i'm fairly new to tech forums, so I usually don't get opinions outside of reviews for the products. I nearly bought a n 8350 instead of my i7 just to save some money. But I ended up feeling like the i7 would do me better in the long run on power consumption and heat. Is that all the problem there is with the FX line, or is there something else i'm missing?

Let's not act like there are any fanboys out there who are any better about this when it comes to their favorite company. The shit slinging from both sides needs to stop.

You're going to blame your trolling on Nvidia? That's a new one.

The AMD FX series (2012) is way behind Intel's I range, with all of them having a lower IPC (you can judge this when the CPUS are compared at the same frequency) than the Core 2 Duo E8xxx range from 2007. AMD made the same choice Intel did with their Pentium 4, and gave their FX CPUs a massive pipeline that allowed for higher frequencies and therefore overclocks. This came at a cost however as just like the Pentium 4, every "core" of an FX CPU is slow and inefficient. And to be quite frank, an FX 8xxx CPU isn't a true 8 core, it actually has 4 cores, with 2 modules per core (expressed as 4C/8M). In all except a few situations, a locked i5 will always be a better choice. AMD used the "8 cores" and high clock speeds as a marketing tool, when they actually need to hit 5GHz to compete with a locked i5 at far lower frequencies and with a lower power consumption to boot.

PMSL

The AMD FX series (2012) is way behind Intel's I range, with all of them having a lower IPC (you can judge this when the CPUS are compared at the same frequency) than the Core 2 Duo E8xxx range from 2007. AMD made the same choice Intel did with their Pentium 4, and gave their FX CPUs a massive pipeline that allowed for higher frequencies and therefore overclocks. This came at a cost however as just like the Pentium 4, every "core" of an FX CPU is slow and inefficient. And to be quite frank, an FX 8xxx CPU isn't a true 8 core, it actually has 4 cores, with 2 modules per core (expressed as 4C/8M). In all except a few situations, a locked i5 will always be a better choice. AMD used the "8 cores" and high clock speeds as a marketing tool, when they actually need to hit 5GHz to compete with a locked i5 at far lower frequencies and with a lower power consumption to boot.

"used 8 cores as a marketing tool* Even though it is technically a quad core? Well, would you look at that. Hey, I/O. looks like AMD's nose isn't so clean either. ;)

CPU: i7 7700k @ 4.9GHz Cooling: NZXT Kraken X62 RAM: 16 GB GSkill Trident Z RGB GPU: Sapphire Nitro R9 390 Case:Phanteks Evolv TG

IYou're going to blame your trolling on Nvidia? That's a new one.

I did not make nvidia lie !

"used 8 cores as a marketing tool* Even though it is technically a quad core? Well, would you look at that. Hey, I/O. looks like AMD's nose isn't so clean either. ;)

It's not a quad core...it's an 8-core...sort of...there are 8 physical cores...well sort of.

AD2000x Review  Fitear To Go! 334 Review

Speakers - KEF LSX

Headphones - Sennheiser HD650, Kumitate Labs KL-Lakh

It's not a quad core...it's an 8-core...sort of...there are 8 physical cores...well sort of.

Which is why I call out AMD every time I see  "8 cores" mentioned in regards to the FX 8xxx series. I almost got suckered into buying one as well (thankfully in doing so would have meant not being able to use the 500W PSU that came with my computer's case, and increased the cost of my rig overall).

PMSL

this is why I left the green team, they way they've been going for the last number of years proprietary everything while amd helps the industry with open standards, g-sync while amd makes thier own free expansion to an already existing standard, making a whole new api when everyones hating dx11, gameworks destroying games, while everyone was wondering what creates this stuttering problem nvidia knew it was frame pacing, did they tell us gamers and help us realise and fix the issue, no.

I'll return to them once they stop this bs but It's more likely the US will have a president they like way before then.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=amd+open&oq=amd+open&aqs=chrome..69i57j0l5.1310j0j7&sourceid=chrome&es_sm=122&ie=UTF-8

http://www.anandtech.com/show/6673/opencomputer-servers-and-amd-open-30
http://developer.amd.com/tools-and-sdks/open-source/
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Free_and_open-source_graphics_device_driver#ATI.2FAMD

"Nvidia's free and open-source driver is called nv.[Nvidia 3] This driver is very limited and supports only 2D acceleration, and Matthew GarrettDirk Hohndel and others claim its source-code is obfuscated.[Nvidia 4][Nvidia 5][Nvidia 6] In March 2010 Nvidia has decided to deprecate nv and not add support for Fermi or later GPU, nor add support for DisplayPort to this driver."

from wiki

AMD has also taken an active part in developing coreboot, and open source projects aimed at replacing the proprietary BIOS firmware

Other AMD software includes the AMD Core Math Library, and open-source software including the AMD Performance Library, and theCodeAnalyst performance profiler.

AMD contributes to 
open source projects, including working with Sun Microsystems to enhance OpenSolaris and Sun xVM on the AMD platform.[140] AMD also maintains its own Open64 compiler distribution and contributes its changes back to the community.

little bit about them getting screwed over by intel....avoid if you like.

Litigation with Intel
[edit]
See also: AMD v. Intel

AMD has a long history of litigation with former partner and x86 creator Intel.[151][152][153]

• In 1986 Intel broke an agreement it had with AMD to allow them to produce Intel's micro-chips for IBM; AMD filed for arbitration in 1987 and the arbitrator decided in AMD's favor in 1992. Intel disputed this, and the case ended up in the Supreme Court of California. In 1994, that court upheld the arbitrator's decision and awarded damages for breach of contract.
  • In 1990, Intel brought a copyright infringement action alleging illegal use of its 287 microcode. The case ended in 1994 with a jury finding for AMD and its right to use Intel's microcode in its microprocessors through the 486 generation.
  • In 1997, Intel filed suit against AMD and Cyrix Corp. for misuse of the term MMX. AMD and Intel settled, with AMD acknowledging MMX as a trademark owned by Intel, and with Intel granting AMD rights to market the AMD K6 MMX processor.
  • In 2005, following an investigation, the Japan Federal Trade Commission found Intel guilty on a number of violations. On June 27, 2005, AMD won an antitrust suit against Intel in Japan, and on the same day, AMD filed a broad antitrust complaint against Intel in the U.S. Federal District Court in Delaware. The complaint alleges systematic use of secret rebates, special discounts, threats, and other means used by Intel to lock AMD processors out of the global market. Since the start of this action, the court has issued subpoenas to major computer manufacturers including AcerDellLenovoHP and Toshiba.
  • In November 2009, Intel agreed to pay AMD $1.25bn and renew a five-year patent cross-licensing agreement as part of a deal to settle all outstanding legal disputes between them

Falcon: Corsair 750D 8320at4.6ghz 1.3v | 4GB MSI Gaming R9-290 @1000/1250 | 2x8GB 2400mhz Kingston HyperX Beast | Asus ROG Crosshair V Formula | Antec H620 | Corsair RM750w | Crucial M500 240GB, Toshiba 2TB, DarkThemeMasterRace, my G3258 has an upgrade path, my fx8320 doesn't need one...total cost £840=cpu£105, board£65, ram£105, Cooler £20, GPU£200, PSU£88, SSD£75, HDD£57, case£125.

CASE:-NZXT S340 Black, CPU:-FX8120 @4.2Ghz, COOLER:-CM Hyper 212 EVO, BOARD:-MSI 970 Gaming, RAM:-2x4gb 2400mhz Corsair Vengeance Pro, GPU: SLI EVGA GTX480's @700/1000, PSU:-Corsair CX600m, HDD:-WD green 160GB+2TB toshiba
CASE:-(probably) Cooltek U1, CPU:-G3258 @4.5ghx, COOLER:-stock(soon "MSI Dragon" AiO likely), BOARD:-MSI z87i ITX Gaming, RAM:-1x4gb 1333mhz Patriot, GPU: Asus DCU2 r9-270 OC@1000/1500mem, PSU:-Sweex 350w.., HDD:-WD Caviar Blue 640GB
CASE:-TBD, CPU:-Core2Quad QX9650 @4Ghz, COOLER:-OCZ 92mm tower thing, BOARD:-MSI p43-c51, RAM:-4x1GB 800mhz Corsair XMS2, GPU: Zotac GTX460se @800/1000, PSU:-OCZ600sxs, HDD:-WD green 160GBBlueJean-A
 CASE:-Black/Blue Sharkoon T9, CPU:-Phenom2 x4 B55 @3.6Ghz/1.4v, COOLER:-FX8320 Stock HSF, BOARD:-M5A78L-M/USB3, RAM:-4GB 1333mhz Kingston low profile at 1600mhz, GPU:-EVGA GTX285, PSU:-Antec TP550w modu, STORAGE:-240gb  M500+2TB Toshiba
CASE:-icute zl02-3g-bb, CPU:-Phenom2 X6 1055t @3.5Ghz, COOLER:-Stock, BOARD:-Asrock m3a UCC, RAM:2x2GB 1333mhz Zeppelin (thats yellow!), GPU: XFX 1GB HD6870xxx, PSU:-some 450 POS, HDD:-WD Scorpio blue 120GB
CASE:-Packard Bell iMedia X2424, Custom black/red Aerocool Xpredator fulltower, CPU's:-E5200, C2D [email protected]<script cf-hash='f9e31' type="text/javascript"> /* */</script>(so e8500), COOLER:-Scythe Big shuriken2 Rev B, BFG gtx260 sp216 OC, RAM:-tons..
Gigabyte GTX460, Gigabyte gt430,
GPU's:-GT210 1GB,  asus hd6670 1GB gddr5, XFX XXX 9600gt 512mb Alpha dog edition, few q6600's
PICTURES CASE:-CIT mars black+red, CPU:-Athlon K6 650mhz slot A, COOLER:-Stock, BOARD:-QDI Kinetiz 7a, RAM:-256+256+256MB 133mhz SDram, GPU:-inno3d geforce4 mx440 64mb, PSU:-E-Zcool 450w, STORAGE:-2x WD 40gb "black" drives,
CASE:-silver/red raidmax cobra, CPU:-Athlon64 4000+, COOLER:-BIG stock one, BOARD:-MSI something*, RAM:-(matched pair)2x1GB 400mhz ECC transcend, GPU:-ati 9800se@375core/325mem, PSU:-pfft, HDD:-2x maxtor 80gb,
PICTURES CASE:-silver/red raidmax cobra (another), CPU:-Pentium4 2.8ghz prescott, COOLER:-Artic Coolering Freezer4, BOARD:-DFI lanparty infinity 865 R2, RAM:-(matched pair)2x1GB 400mhz kingston, GPU:-ati 9550@375core/325mem, PSU:-pfft, HDD:-another 2x WD 80gb,
CASE:-ML110 G4, CPU:-xeon 4030, COOLER:-stock leaf blower, BOARD:-stock raid 771 board, RAM:-2x2GB 666mhz kingston ECC ddr2, GPU:-9400GT 1GB, PSU:-stock delta, RAID:-JMicron JMB363 card+onboard raid controller, HDD:-320gb hitachi OS, 2xMaxtor 160gb raid1, 500gb samsungSP, 160gb WD, LAPTOP:-Dell n5030, CPU:-replaced s*** cel900 with awesome C2D E8100, RAM:-2x2GB 1333mhz ddr3, HDD:-320gb, PHONE's:-LG optimus 3D (p920) on 2.3.5@300-600mhz de-clock (batteryFTW)

No one in this forum is gonna listen to you because there is a clear nvidia bias here.

I would suggest you give up now.

Regarding their damage control , i think they are taking refunds and have apologized in the forums.

They are also trying to mitigate the issue somewhat by drivers while its impossible to fix it completely that way.

Hey its something.

Which is why I call out AMD every time I see  "8 cores" mentioned in regards to the FX 8xxx series. I almost got suckered into buying one as well (thankfully in doing so would have meant not being able to use the 500W PSU that came with my computer's case, and increased the cost of my rig overall).

fair enough, but really you have a £300 970 and you spent £144 on the i5? a corsair cx600m is £60 and enough to run my £200 290 and £100 fx8...

Falcon: Corsair 750D 8320at4.6ghz 1.3v | 4GB MSI Gaming R9-290 @1000/1250 | 2x8GB 2400mhz Kingston HyperX Beast | Asus ROG Crosshair V Formula | Antec H620 | Corsair RM750w | Crucial M500 240GB, Toshiba 2TB, DarkThemeMasterRace, my G3258 has an upgrade path, my fx8320 doesn't need one...total cost £840=cpu£105, board£65, ram£105, Cooler £20, GPU£200, PSU£88, SSD£75, HDD£57, case£125.

CASE:-NZXT S340 Black, CPU:-FX8120 @4.2Ghz, COOLER:-CM Hyper 212 EVO, BOARD:-MSI 970 Gaming, RAM:-2x4gb 2400mhz Corsair Vengeance Pro, GPU: SLI EVGA GTX480's @700/1000, PSU:-Corsair CX600m, HDD:-WD green 160GB+2TB toshiba
CASE:-(probably) Cooltek U1, CPU:-G3258 @4.5ghx, COOLER:-stock(soon "MSI Dragon" AiO likely), BOARD:-MSI z87i ITX Gaming, RAM:-1x4gb 1333mhz Patriot, GPU: Asus DCU2 r9-270 OC@1000/1500mem, PSU:-Sweex 350w.., HDD:-WD Caviar Blue 640GB
CASE:-TBD, CPU:-Core2Quad QX9650 @4Ghz, COOLER:-OCZ 92mm tower thing, BOARD:-MSI p43-c51, RAM:-4x1GB 800mhz Corsair XMS2, GPU: Zotac GTX460se @800/1000, PSU:-OCZ600sxs, HDD:-WD green 160GBBlueJean-A
 CASE:-Black/Blue Sharkoon T9, CPU:-Phenom2 x4 B55 @3.6Ghz/1.4v, COOLER:-FX8320 Stock HSF, BOARD:-M5A78L-M/USB3, RAM:-4GB 1333mhz Kingston low profile at 1600mhz, GPU:-EVGA GTX285, PSU:-Antec TP550w modu, STORAGE:-240gb  M500+2TB Toshiba
CASE:-icute zl02-3g-bb, CPU:-Phenom2 X6 1055t @3.5Ghz, COOLER:-Stock, BOARD:-Asrock m3a UCC, RAM:2x2GB 1333mhz Zeppelin (thats yellow!), GPU: XFX 1GB HD6870xxx, PSU:-some 450 POS, HDD:-WD Scorpio blue 120GB
CASE:-Packard Bell iMedia X2424, Custom black/red Aerocool Xpredator fulltower, CPU's:-E5200, C2D [email protected]<script cf-hash='f9e31' type="text/javascript"> /* */</script>(so e8500), COOLER:-Scythe Big shuriken2 Rev B, BFG gtx260 sp216 OC, RAM:-tons..
Gigabyte GTX460, Gigabyte gt430,
GPU's:-GT210 1GB,  asus hd6670 1GB gddr5, XFX XXX 9600gt 512mb Alpha dog edition, few q6600's
PICTURES CASE:-CIT mars black+red, CPU:-Athlon K6 650mhz slot A, COOLER:-Stock, BOARD:-QDI Kinetiz 7a, RAM:-256+256+256MB 133mhz SDram, GPU:-inno3d geforce4 mx440 64mb, PSU:-E-Zcool 450w, STORAGE:-2x WD 40gb "black" drives,
CASE:-silver/red raidmax cobra, CPU:-Athlon64 4000+, COOLER:-BIG stock one, BOARD:-MSI something*, RAM:-(matched pair)2x1GB 400mhz ECC transcend, GPU:-ati 9800se@375core/325mem, PSU:-pfft, HDD:-2x maxtor 80gb,
PICTURES CASE:-silver/red raidmax cobra (another), CPU:-Pentium4 2.8ghz prescott, COOLER:-Artic Coolering Freezer4, BOARD:-DFI lanparty infinity 865 R2, RAM:-(matched pair)2x1GB 400mhz kingston, GPU:-ati 9550@375core/325mem, PSU:-pfft, HDD:-another 2x WD 80gb,
CASE:-ML110 G4, CPU:-xeon 4030, COOLER:-stock leaf blower, BOARD:-stock raid 771 board, RAM:-2x2GB 666mhz kingston ECC ddr2, GPU:-9400GT 1GB, PSU:-stock delta, RAID:-JMicron JMB363 card+onboard raid controller, HDD:-320gb hitachi OS, 2xMaxtor 160gb raid1, 500gb samsungSP, 160gb WD, LAPTOP:-Dell n5030, CPU:-replaced s*** cel900 with awesome C2D E8100, RAM:-2x2GB 1333mhz ddr3, HDD:-320gb, PHONE's:-LG optimus 3D (p920) on 2.3.5@300-600mhz de-clock (batteryFTW)

I guess that's bad wording. It does have 8 cores, they are just apparently grossly under-powered. Or so I am led to believe. So that it's performance is more in line with a quad core. The way they market them makes them seem quite a bit more bang for the buck than they are.

I did not make nvidia lie!

And AMD is not twisting your leg, nor filling your bank account to be so blind to their misrepresentation of some of their products, and yet here you are, shoving your head further and further up their ass. And for what? To get a rise out of people who are already disgruntled with their purchases enough? Grow up.

Have you ever used the most recent AMD drivers?

This misconception is retarded , the omega drivers are solid.

Stop saying AMD drivers suck ....  Its simply not true anymore.

Wait what? Their drivers haven't been bad for at least 2/3 years....why does everyone keep using that as a weapon against AMD users. You would think they would FIX the quality of their drivers and they indeed did that. And this comes from a AMD 6970 user...whos card is basically cooked to the core with a single fan design. :P

So Nvidia fecked up, it's not exactly hard to do that with a complicated piece of PCB, sure some QCing should have been more extensive but they will learn from this error just like AMD will learn to have better control of temps on Ref desgin cards via the 3XX series.

Jeff, stop replying to I/O it will keep getting worse he is either a troll or a troll.

Regular human bartender...Jackie Daytona.