Nvidias damage control is slimy and patronising

SilkySkills

Wait what? Their drivers haven't been bad for at least 2/3 years....why does everyone keep using that as a weapon against AMD users. You would think they would FIX the quality of their drivers and they indeed did that. And this comes from a AMD 6970 user...whos card is basically cooked to the core with a single fan design. :P

So Nvidia fecked up, it's not exactly hard to do that with a complicated piece of PCB, sure some QCing should have been more extensive but they will learn from this error just like AMD will learn to have better control of temps on Ref desgin cards via the 3XX series.

Jeff, stop replying to I/O it will keep getting worse he is either a troll or a troll.

I have no fucking idea.

This debacle is fucking two weeks old and people are telling me to forget it.

But AMD launched bad drivers TWO FUCKING YEARS AGO.

And no one forgets about it.

I love the fucking double standards so much.

fair enough, but really you have a £300 970 and you spent £144 on the i5? a corsair cx600m is £60 and enough to run my £200 290 and £100 fx8...

It was (in AUD) a $242 i5 4440, and a $565 GTX 970 which were bought after I'd been saving for 12 years, and at the time (start of last year) it cost slightly more for me to get an FX 8350 and a quality motherboard (I built this computer to last 10 years like my old P3 machine, of course the ASUS H87M-Pro was a waste of money as it is actually low quality for a high price).

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

I have no fucking idea.

This debacle is fucking two weeks old and people are telling me to forget it.

But AMD launched bad drivers TWO FUCKING YEARS AGO.

And no one forgets about it.

I love the fucking double standards so much.

Indeed, the current PC market is built around it, console users laugh at these types of threads which is ashame really.  <_<

People just can't let go of things that are sure to annoy us AMD users. 

Regular human bartender...Jackie Daytona.

Indeed, the current PC market is built around it, console users laugh at these types of threads which is ashame really.  <_<

People just can't let go of things that are sure to annoy us AMD users. 

But you have to ignore what nvidia did on this forums.

Because it offends them and they are tired of people critizing their card and they will ban you if you do so.

Well im fucking tired of people criticizing AMD drives and not having used a fucking AMD card in the last 4 years while

i have used AMD for 5 years with minor issues.

Whats slimey in this forums is the amount of blind nvidia apologists.

But you have to ignore what nvidia did on this forums.

Because it offends them and they are tired of people critizing their card and they will ban you if you do so.

Well im fucking tired of people criticizing AMD drives and not having used a fucking AMD card in the last 4 years while

i have used AMD for 5 years with minor issues.

Whats slimey in this forums is the amount of blind nvidia apologists.

Both are as bad as each other don't forget, just go by actual performance and specs when choosing what to buy, you can't go wrong.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

Both are as bad as each other don't forget, just go by actual performance and specs when choosing what to buy, you can't go wrong.

I agree .

I just dont like when people spread misinformation that new members might take as dogma.

Just trying to inject some positivity back into these dire times 

10362369_758528650892304_107582702285792

at least something funny came out of this.

"used 8 cores as a marketing tool* Even though it is technically a quad core? Well, would you look at that. Hey, I/O. looks like AMD's nose isn't so clean either. ;)

Unfortunately, I/O is not a credible source of information, he'll sooner resort to calling you a fanboy than making a valid argument. 

As for the question you asked earlier, the architectural design of AMD's octa-core processors it not so much at question here, it's how poor a single "core" is under the architecture. Simply put, the FX-8350 can match an i5-4670k in multi-threaded performance. That's how weak the cores of an FX-8350 actually are. You can say you can overclock, but Intel overclocks scale better, too.

What this affects in gaming, though, is that not too many games actually utilize a lot of the threads of the FX-8350. If a game only uses four threads, an i5 is almost double the performance, etc. The FX-8350 bottlenecks much sooner than an Intel counterpart, which is primarily why you only see Intel in the high end.

if you have to insist you think for yourself, i'm not going to believe you.