Nvidias damage control is slimy and patronising

SilkySkills

I remember when the 970 was released and all you did was rave about how great the Strix was and you recommended it to everyone. You also pulled the same immature shit about the EVGA cooler. I said it then and i will say it again......you are the biggest shit poster on LTT. Many people have you on ignore for a reason, unfortunately tapatalk still shows your posts. Kids like you are the reason a lot of long time members stopped coming here. Grow up and have a little maturity please.

That reminds me, I never found out how to ignore someone, how do you do it as I've been wanting to ignore I/O for quite a while .

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

No, I'm not. I'm standing up for them.

Edit: If I was working for Nvidia, and they saw this thread and what I've been saying? I would have been fired immediately. Grow. Up.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/nvidia-admits-to-error-in-gtx-970-specs-and-memory/1100-6424915/

" A Change.org petition calling for refunds due to the incorrect specifications has since been launched. Those interested in a more technical breakdown of the GTX 970's memory subsystem and performance troubles should check out the full PC Perspective story. "

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/nvidia-admits-to-error-in-gtx-970-specs-and-memory/1100-6424915/

Rallying up a petition against nvidia is nowhere near nvidia coming out and saying hey we F ed up and here's a refund.

I remember when the 970 was released and all you did was rave about how great the Strix was and you recommended it to everyone. You also pulled the same immature shit about the EVGA cooler. I said it then and i will say it again......you are the biggest shit poster on LTT. Many people have you on ignore for a reason, unfortunately tapatalk still shows your posts. Kids like you are the reason a lot of long time members stopped coming here. Grow up and have a little maturity please.

I agree with this. Nvidia messed up and we will just have to see what they will do next. The 970 is still the same card and nothing changes that. Would I recommend it to friends that own 1080p monitors - yes, I would. Right now the card is still the best bang for the buck. You are not going to see a problem with the vram at 1080p because most games don't even pass 3GB's of usage. 4k is not the standard and all my friends own 1080p monitors. Also the power efficiency is great if you care about your electric bill. 

@Whorax better come in here and bash Nvidia some more.

Love cats and Linus. Check out linuscattips-fan-club. http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Z9QDVn and Asus ROG Swift. I love anime as well. Check out Heaven Society heaven-society. My own personal giveaway thread http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/387856-evga-geforce-gtx-970-giveaway-presented-by-grimneo/.

" A Change.org petition calling for refunds due to the incorrect specifications has since been launched. Those interested in a more technical breakdown of the GTX 970's memory subsystem and performance troubles should check out the full PC Perspective story. "

That's it. I'm done with you.

Clearly you are working for nvidia LOL.

That doesn't even make sense... He's not even defending nvidia he's just pointing out your conflicting opinions from then and now.

See all the bad energy created by nvidia ... sigh !

That doesn't even make sense... He's not even defending nvidia he's just pointing out your conflicting opinions from then and now.

Conflicting LOL nvidia messed up point blank period . Theres nothing so pure and simple.

Conflicting LOL nvidia messed up point blank period . Theres nothing so pure and simple.

This has nothing to do with the topic at hand but is English not your first language?

This has nothing to do with the topic at hand but is English not your first language?

Owns a 970 ... problem detected.

It's not shitposting it's being real. When Corporations are being dirty it's on us to bring them back into a moral stance.

Every corporation does this.....

Core I7 5960X / Gigabyte X99 SOC Force / Kingston 16GB DDR4 3000 / EVGA GTX 980 Classified's In Quad SLI / EVGA 1600W G2

Core I7 6700K / Asus Z170 Maximus VIII Hero / Corsair 16GB DDR4 3000 / MSI R9 290X Lightning / EVGA 1600W T2

<doesn't matter>

You know for once I agree with you about this. Nvidia did mess up, I don't think they should give everyone refunds, but they need to do something about it.

You're still a horrible troll, but whatever. Doesn't really matter in this instance.

It's not shitposting it's being real. When Corporations are being dirty it's on us to bring them back into a moral stance.

WAIT, YOU THINK CORPORATIONS ACTUALLY ACT MORALLY?

HA, WHAT A JOKE.

The engine roars but then it gives, but never dies

We don't live we just survive

On the scraps that you throw awaaaaaay

You know for once I agree with you about this. Nvidia did mess up, I don't think they should give everyone refunds, but they need to do something about it.

You're still a horrible troll, but whatever. Doesn't really matter in this instance.

Naw I am honestly not a troll mate. If you take a look you will see it's just a bunch of die hard nvidia fans trying to belittle me and make light of nvidias screw up.

Every corporation does this.....

Well just some more than others. AMD has a pretty good philosophy but it;s to bad that the FX CPU cant cut the mustard. 

Naw I am honestly not a troll mate. If you take a look you will see it's just a bunch of die hard nvidia fans trying to belittle me and make light of nvidias screw up.

Yeah, whatever you say.

The only reason I haven't ignored you is because I find your posts humorous.

Read updated post.

The engine roars but then it gives, but never dies

We don't live we just survive

On the scraps that you throw awaaaaaay

Summary: Nvidia lied about the ROPS and L2 cache of the GTX 970, didn't mention that its 4GB vRAM was configured in a manner that has the last 500MB running slower than the rest, its still good for 1080p, not as good for 2K and the wrong choice for 4K.

PMSL

Yeah, whatever you say.

The only reason I haven't ignored you is because I find your posts humorous.

Read updated post.

Well thats cool be you know I am in the right here. I will not be apart of the few that try an exonerate wrong doings for personal ego issues.

Summary: Nvidia lied about the ROPS and L2 cache of the GTX 970, didn't mention that its 4GB vRAM was configured in a manner that has the last 500MB running slower than the rest, its still good for 1080p, not as good for 2K and the wrong choice for 4K.

I don't know for sure but time will tell for sure. I think the 970 will force people to an upgrade sooner than later and that's why I think it's wrong.

I don't know for sure but time will tell for sure. I think the 970 will force people to an upgrade sooner than later and that's why I think it's wrong.

1. It will be fine at 1080p for years
  2. Whoever thinks that its designed to be a single card 2k solution, didn't do their research properly
  3. 54 ROPS instead of 64 ROPS with 1.75MB of L2 instead of 2MB isn't that big a difference
  4. This still doesn't change the fact that a GTX 970 can be overclocked to match the performance of a GTX 980

PMSL

1. It will be fine at 1080p for years
  2. Whoever thinks that its designed to be a single card 2k solution, didn't do their research properly
  3. 54 ROPS instead of 64 ROPS with 1.75MB of L2 instead of 2MB isn't that big a difference
  4. This still doesn't change the fact that a GTX 970 can be overclocked to match the performance of a GTX 980

Cards can always be OCed ... my 7850 can be OCed to match a 7870 etc. There are some games that really want to Vram even at 1080P which is what most 970 owners are running and most anyone really. It's more of a moral and ethics standpoint for me.

• It will be fine at 1080p for years
  • Whoever thinks that its designed to be a single card 2k solution, didn't do their research properly
  • 54 ROPS instead of 64 ROPS with 1.75MB of L2 instead of 2MB isn't that big a difference
  • This still doesn't change the fact that a GTX 970 can be overclocked to match the performance of a GTX 980

You are wasting your time. Only people who use logic and common sense will agree with you . Unfortunately this forum only has a select few.

You can't be serious.  Hyperthreading is a market joke?

You are wasting your time. Only people who use logic and common sense will agree with you . Unfortunately this forum only has a select few.

There is always hope, and I see that @I/O is still refusing to even try and use basic grammar that is taught in primary school.

PMSL

It's an ongoing argument that will last for a while. People are mad that Nvidia lied about the vram but the results from the benchmarks are still the same. Linus and Slick made a good point. Nvidia has to be careful with what they say and how they respond back.

Even Linus kinda bashed nvidia pretty hard over this Vram debacle.

I wonder how many of these people who complain bought the card because of those numbers on the spec sheets.

"Graphics and gameplay are not mutually exclusive."

"Nvidia, AMD, Intel, or whatever company out there has only one end goal and that is PROFIT.

If you think these companies exist for any other reason you're gonna be disappointed my dear. CAVEAT EMPTOR"

Even Linus kinda bashed nvidia pretty hard over this Vram debacle.

Linus bashed Nvidia pretty hard?

The guy yelling Nvidia lied is a liar himself. Irony much?

You can't be serious.  Hyperthreading is a market joke?