Nvidias damage control is slimy and patronising

SilkySkills

So what? If I like a company, I'll buy their products. Stop spreading your stupid propaganda and just get out. You make it sound like this is a freaking religion.

The 970 Vram issue is not however propaganda. It's fact they lied and got caught. 

The 970 Vram issue is not however propaganda. It's fact they lied and got caught. 

And? You're missing my point, SO MANY companies pull this tactic. 

Anyways, I see that you're too stubborn to grow up, so I'm just going to stop arguing with you.

I/O You just seem to have clung to this 970 issue because you finally have a legitimate cause to tie to your irrational hatred of Nvidia, pretending you care about corporate responsibility just so you can trash talk the green team is pathetic and pretty transparent to anyone here that's familiar with your posting habits. 

And? You're missing my point, SO MANY companies pull this tactic. 

Not the ones that have a solid rep. In Crapitalism you develop a solid product and get paid that how it works. When you lie to your customers it just creates anti trust and if you lie to much you go bankrupt in time.

Well that fine but you must know that this will be taken by nvidia as reinforcement that they can lie to you again in the future. I rather just vote with my dollar now and help correct nvidia to become the best they can be.

Are you gonna boycott AMD for the 295x2? They advertise 8 GB Vram but anyone who knows about graphics cards know you only get 4GB to use. This could lure in potential consumers who don't know that its a dual GPU.

Are you gonna boycott AMD for the 295x2? They advertise 8 GB Vram but anyone who knows about graphics cards know you only get 4GB to use. This could lure in potential consumers who don't know that its a dual GPU.

No cause it actually has 8GB of Vram and any self respecting enthusiast and PC gamer knows that Vram does not stack. nvidia does the same thing to LOL.

I/O You just seem to have clung to this 970 issue because you finally have a legitimate cause to tie to your irrational hatred of Nvidia, pretending you care about corporate responsibility just so you can trash talk the green team is pathetic and pretty transparent to anyone here that's familiar with your posting habits.

Yup, I could name a few doing the same but they would never admit it lol... Its all about the morals after all l, right? /s

No cause it actually has 8GB of Vram and any self respecting enthusiast and PC gamer knows that Vram does not stack. nvidia does the same thing to LOL.

Are they not advertising 8 GB, when you only get to use 4? Nvidia are advertising 4 and you get 3.5gb with .5gb of slower vram equaling 4gb. Everyone knows you are just a fanboy. You are far from unbiased and trying to spread your crap everywhere because you are too long insecure about your own choices.

Are they not advertising 8 GB, when you only get to use 4? Nvidia are advertising 4 and you get 3.5gb with .5gb of slower vram equaling 4gb. Everyone knows you are just a fanboy. You are far from unbiased and trying to spread your crap everywhere because you are too long insecure about your own choices.

Your going off on a tangent here mate. Vram does not stack and we all know this.

http://www.geforce.com/hardware/desktop-gpus/geforce-gtx-titan-z/specifications

Does not change their advertising. Where's your "morals". http:// www.tomshardware.com/answers/id-2489744/295x2-utilizing-4gb-vram-8gb.html This guy thought he was getting 8gb VRam

What are you even talking about. We all know Vram does not stack so no they are not lieing to us about Vram LOL. I am not allowed to call anyone person nvidiot anymore so I am not.

What are you even talking about. We all know Vram does not stack so no they are not lieing to us about Vram LOL. I am not allowed to call anyone person nvidiot anymore so I am not.

Just... STOP. Enough is enough.

Your going off on a tangent here mate. Vram does not stack and we all know this.

http://www.geforce.com/hardware/desktop-gpus/geforce-gtx-titan-z/specifications

I remember when the 970 was released and all you did was rave about how great the Strix was and you recommended it to everyone. You also pulled the same immature shit about the EVGA cooler. I said it then and i will say it again......you are the biggest shit poster on LTT. Many people have you on ignore for a reason, unfortunately tapatalk still shows your posts. Kids like you are the reason a lot of long time members stopped coming here. Grow up and have a little maturity please.
You can't be serious.  Hyperthreading is a market joke?

Just... STOP. Enough is enough.

Peace bro chill mate.

I remember when the 970 was released and all you did was rave about how great the Strix was and you recommended it to everyone. You alao pulled the same immature shit about the EVGA cooler. I said it then and i will say it again......tou are the biggest shit poster on LTT. Many people have you on ignore for a reason, unfortunately tapatalk still shows your posts. Kids like you are the reason a lot of long time members stopped coming here. Grow up and have a little maturity please.

I CANNOT LIKE YOUR POST ENOUGH.

I've come down pretty hard on Nvidia in the past, and bought a gtx 970 and was pretty annoyed when all this went down, but at least they actually are making an attempt at damage control, which is more than I gave them credit for. I figured they'd just ignore the issue or say theres nothing wrong with the card AT ALL(which is what a lot of their incredibly annoying fanboys are saying).

So I guess the fact they have acknowledged they screwed up is a step in the right direction.

It really are the Nvidia die hards that I find worse than Nvidia itself, which like any company is going to do whatever they can to increase profit and marketshare. Most of their hardcore fans, the ones  who wont even consider AMD, are kids who tend to just go along with the crowd without thinking. They cling to Nvidia like a little kid clinging to his blanky. This is why Nvidia tends to treat its customers like idiots, because quite frankly, a lot of them are.

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700x,  MOBO: ASUS TUF X570 Gaming Pro wifi, CPU cooler: Noctua U12a RAM: Gskill Ripjaws V @3600mhz,  GPU: Asus Tuf RTX OC 3080 PSU: Seasonic Focus GX850 CASE: Lian Li Lancool 2 Mesh Storage: 500 GB Inland Premium M.2,  Sandisk Ultra Plus II 256 GB & 120 GB

I remember when the 970 was released and all you did was rave about how great the Strix was and you recommended it to everyone. You also pulled the same immature shit about the EVGA cooler. I said it then and i will say it again......you are the biggest shit poster on LTT. Many people have you on ignore for a reason, unfortunately tapatalk still shows your posts. Kids like you are the reason a lot of long time members stopped coming here. Grow up and have a little maturity please.

The ACX 2.0 is defective period. Then with this Vram debacle ... Sigh.

191_zpsabbe10ef.jpg

The STRIX was nice but I am glad I did not buy one now and I was this close to pulling the trigger.

You're missing the whole point which is unbelievably aggravating. There's a difference between what we know and what's being advertised. I have no allegiance to a company like some brain dead idiot who needs to follow a brand so he doesn't have to make choices. I think what nvidia did was messed up, they should be offering compensation but they haven't offered anything but an apology so far. AMD does the same if not worse yet this blows through all of you guys like it doesn't exist. Why? Because you're toxic fanboys and literally destroy great forums like this. You have an opinion, that's cool express it. Make a thread, say it in a post, there it is. But you and a few others just go around bashing. I'm not trying to defend nvidia, I'm trying to point out your blantant biased and fanboyism so hopefully someone doesn't take an opinion from you for more than what its worth. Might as well be AMD bashing Nvidia.

I've come down pretty hard on Nvidia in the past, and bought a gtx 970 and was pretty annoyed when all this went down, but at least they actually are making an attempt at damage control, which is more than I gave them credit for. I figured they'd just ignore the issue or say theres nothing wrong with the card AT ALL(which is what a lot of their incredibly annoying fanboys are saying).

So I guess the fact they have acknowledged they screwed up is a step in the right direction.

It really are the Nvidia die hards that I find worse than Nvidia itself, which like any company is going to do whatever they can to increase profit and marketshare. Most of their hardcore fans, the ones  who wont even consider AMD, are kids who tend to just go along with the crowd without thinking. This is why Nvidia tends to treat its customers like idiots, because quite frankly, a lot of them are.

I don't know I have not seen nvidia acknowledge the 970 Vram as a problem yet rather they have officially said this Vram issue is by design. Perhaps you could enlighten me to this information ?

The ACX 2.0 is defective period. Then with this Vram debacle ... Sigh.

The STRIX was nice but I am glad I did not buy one now and I was this close to pulling the trigger.

I'm sorry, but i'm jumping back in this. 

You are the biggest hypocritical person on this forum. I just scrolled through your stuff, nothing but biased posts. Here's a screenshot of you recommending somebody a 970: http://prntscr.com/5yezjv , yet you're sitting here, running your mouth about how terrible the card is. Please, do us ALL a favor, and just get off the forum.

I don't know I have not seen nvidia acknowledge the 970 Vram as a problem yet rather they have officially said this Vram issue is by design. Perhaps you could enlighten me to this information ?

They have acknowledged it. and are offering full refunds or exchanges for people unsatisfied. Do you even do your own research?

I'm sorry, but i'm jumping back in this. 

You are the biggest hypocritical person on this forum. I just scrolled through your stuff, nothing but biased posts. Here's a screenshot of you recommending somebody a 970: http://prntscr.com/5yezjv , yet you're sitting here, running your mouth about how terrible the card is. Please, do us ALL a favor, and just get off the forum.

Clearly you are working for nvidia LOL.

They have acknowledged it. and are offering full refunds or exchanges for people unsatisfied. Do you even do your own research?

Links please .

You can put someone on ignore? I wish I would have known about that, lol.

Clearly you are working for nvidia LOL.

No, I'm not. I'm standing up for them.

Edit: If I was working for Nvidia, and they saw this thread and what I've been saying? I would have been fired immediately. Grow. Up.

Links please .

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/nvidia-admits-to-error-in-gtx-970-specs-and-memory/1100-6424915/