motherboard?

how far can a asus h97i push a 4690k or 4790k, it was cheaper than the h97. or how much will the msi h97, asus h97, and asrock h97 push it?

Ideally you need a Z97, not sure if the H series have access to multipliers. I'm sure I've heard that they don't overclock.

DESKTOP - Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H Processor - Intel Core i5-2500K @ Stock 1.135v Cooling - Cooler Master Hyper TX3 RAM - Kingston Hyper-X Fury White 4x4GB DDR3-1866 Graphics Card - MSI GeForce GTX 780 Lightning PSU - Seasonic M12II EVO Edition 850w  HDD -  WD Caviar  Blue 500GB (Boot Drive)  /  WD Scorpio Black 750GB (Games Storage) / WD Green 2TB (Main Storage) Case - Cooler Master 335U Elite OS - Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate

According to @i_build_nanosuits you can clock it at 4.4 Ghz since that's the turbo anyways. 

Remember a wise man once said, "You'll most likely hear/see more bad reviews from products than good, because if they get a good product, they won't bother to write a review, and if they got a bad product, they'll complain about the product" ~ SoftenButterCream

the only motherboard chipset that will "push" a K series intel processor is a Zx7 board.

R9 3900XT | Tomahawk B550 | Ventus OC RTX 3090 | Photon 1050W | 32GB DDR4 | TUF GT501 Case | Vizio 4K 50'' HDR

You can overclock on select H97 motherboards, though I'm not sure if the H97I is one. It's a semi-viable option due to the price difference.

the only motherboard chipset that will "push" a K series intel processor is a Zx7 board.

Ideally you need a Z97, not sure if the H series have access to multipliers. I'm sure I've heard that they don't overclock.

Couldn't you get a Z97 Mobo?

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

asrock enbables overclocking in all the H97 boards

Are you new to the forums???? read the Code of Conduct HERE WANT SOME AWESOME LTT THEMED WALLPAPERS??? check out XTanksSlayerX's wallpaper thread HERE 

"May our framerates be high, and our temperatures low" - PC MasterRace

asrock enbables overclocking in all the H97 boards

All wrong and/or incomplete.

You can OC on the following boards:

ASUS H81M-PLUS (Micro-ATX): OC to 4.2 GHz @ 1.24 volts, see post #230.

ASUS H81M-D (Micro-ATX): OC to 4.3 Ghz at 1.15 volts, see post #171.

ASUS H81M-C (Micro-ATX): OC to 4.6 GHz at 1.3 volts, see post ---> http://forums.anandtech.com/showpost...&postcount=147

ASUS B85M-E/CSM (Micro-ATX): See post #231.

ASUS B85M-E (Micro-ATX): OC to 3.8 GHz, see post #159.

ASRock H81M-HDS (Micro ATX): OC to 4.5 Ghz at 1.3 volts, see post #19.

Asrock H81M-ITX (Mini-ITX): 4.2 Ghz at 1.2 volts. See post #102.

ASRock H81M-ITX/Wifi (Mini-ITX) : See page 61 of the owners manual published May 2014 for reference to Non-Z overclock:http://download.asrock.com/manual/H81M-ITXWiFi.pdf)

ASRock H81 Pro BTC (ATX): 4.5 Ghz at 1.25 volts, see post #63. 4.7 Ghz at 1.35 volts, see post #75.

Asrock B85M Pro4 (Micro-ATX): 4.1 GHz at 1.25v, see post #132.

ASRock Fatal1ty B85 Killer (ATX) : Several Newegg reviewers claim Non-Z overclocking was working back in March 2014. Also see forum review from January 2014 in post #38

ASRock H97M Pro4 (Micro-ATX) : See page 70 page of the following owners manual published April 2014 under "4.3 OC Tweaker Screen" for Non-Z overclock-->ftp://66.226.78.21/manual/H97M%20Pro4.pdf )

ASRock Fatal1ty H97 Performance (ATX) :See review dated June 30th, 2014--> http://www.pcgameware.co.uk/reviews/...rboard-review/ )

BIOSTAR H81MHV3 (Micro-ATX): 4.3 GHz @ 1.2 volts, see post #153. 

Gigabyte GA-H81M-DS2V (Micro-ATX): OC to 4.39 GHz. See post #26. (Voltage limited to 1.2v by Gigabyte)

Gigabyte GA-H81M-H (Micro-ATX): OC to 4.3 GHz. See post #65 and #112. (Voltage limited to 1.2v by Gigabyte)

Gigabyte GA-H81-D3 (ATX): 4.0 GHz at 1.115 volts, see post #85.

Gigabyte GA-B85N Phoenix-WIFI (Mini-ITX) :Non-Z overclock found in owner's manual, see post #39.

Gigabyte GA-B85M-DS3H (Micro-ATX) : Reported to Non-Z OC Pentium 3258 to 4.3 Ghz, see post #31 and 4.0 Ghz post #14) (Voltage limited to 1.2v by Gigabyte)

Gigabyte H97N-WIFI (Mini-ITX): See post #136, 4.1 GHz at 1.2v

Gigabyte GA-H97M-HD3 (Micro-ATX): See post #46

MSI H81M-E33 (Micri-ATX): 4.3 GHz, See this review---> http://www.jagatreview.com/2014/08/h...si-h81m-e33/5/

MSI H81M-P33 (Micro-ATX): 4.5 Ghz at 1.3 volts, but compared against other processors at 4.4 Ghz at 1.275 volts --->http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/...king,3888.html

MSI B85i ITX (Mini-ITX): 4.6 Ghz at 1.21 volts, see post #221

MSI B85M Gaming (Micro-ATX): Newegg reviewer on 7/31/2014 reports being able to overclock Pentium G3258 with newest BIOS. Also see post #133 with the following result: 4.0GHz at 1.075v.

MSI B85-G43 gaming (ATX) :See post #16, OC was 4.5 Ghz. There is also a video from 2013 in post #6. Glad to see Non-Z overclocking still working on that board in 2014)

Source: Anand

Interested in Business and Technology

Is this with the pentium?

Remember a wise man once said, "You'll most likely hear/see more bad reviews from products than good, because if they get a good product, they won't bother to write a review, and if they got a bad product, they'll complain about the product" ~ SoftenButterCream

Is this with the pentium?

Yes, it doesn't matter at all since architecture is the same.

well, perhaps it really can..but would you really recommend it?

guess this is only for those comfy with OCing..

i've read that 4790K is already a monster chip

wont vrms and heatsink get hot for 4690k and 4790k due to heat outputting

wont vrms and heatsink get hot for 4690k and 4790k due to heat outputting

No not at all, the only thing that will struggle a bit is the power delivery, but since the wattage doesn't differ that much and haswell is so efficient it doesn't really matter anymore like it did in the old days.

Where did you get the list of all the compatible boards? lol But I read the article about the H97 Performance from Asrock and damn 4.8 Ghz...

Where did you get the list of all the compatible boards? lol But I read the article about the H97 Performance from Asrock and damn 4.8 Ghz...

Anand

Anand

So these are currently the only boards? This is pretty amazing.

So these are currently the only boards? This is pretty amazing.

The only? What do you mean?

The only? What do you mean?

You listed this boards from anad. So these are the only "confirmed" boards that can overclock? There aren't more that isn't listed?

You listed this boards from anad. So these are the only "confirmed" boards that can overclock? There aren't more that isn't listed?

Yes and I don't know.