Cable companies opposed to 25Mbps broadband

Nowak

The next thing that should be done is make it illegal to have a datacap on broadband connections

Ryzen 7 5800X     Corsair H115i Platinum     ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi)     G.Skill Trident Z 3600CL16 (@3800MHzCL16 and other tweaked timings)     

MSI RTX 3080 Gaming X Trio    Corsair HX850     WD Black SN850 1TB     Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB     Samsung 840 EVO 500GB     Acer XB271HU 27" 1440p 165hz G-Sync     ASUS ProArt PA278QV     LG C8 55"     Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X Glass     Logitech G915      Logitech MX Vertical      Steelseries Arctis 7 Wireless 2019      Windows 10 Pro x64

it depends on where you live. many places in northeast US have access to at least 25mbs. I have personally 50 down and 10 up. and guess what, hardly anyone is complaining. The prices are reasonable. The people bitching the most are the poor kids that dont want to get jobs. 

Now with that out of the way, if you live in an area that does not have broadband, (the boonies)  then maybe you should consider moving. If you say hey stomplar fuck off with you, then feel free, but i say this, then deal with it. you chose location/isolation over convenience in the first place, thats why you live where you live, duh. If you honestly think a cable provider is going to spend hundreds of thousands of dollars just to get 1 customer you're out of your mind. I am on board with the cable companies on that front. 

towns and cities here in this part of the state of NY where i live, just about everyone has access to highspeed. its the small group of loud bitchy people that get heard over the millions of satisfied happy customers living day by day and enjoying their services. Its easy to fight for the underdog, but it seems as if most folks are not looking at the big picture.

lol, NY I don't think even NY has enough room for 200 million people to move to.

But trolling aside location is key and I for one would move to get better connection options, but you talk like moving is the easiest thing in the world. It's not! It costs money, you have to consider commute and some people would have to move to an entirely different state or even country. So NO moving is not that easy and not always a viable option.

However having proper internet connectivity in a (semi)first-world-country, is not to much to as for. Especially if what Logan and Wendell keep saying about the  Telecommunications Act of 1996 is correct, and I should think they've done their homework on that, it has even been paid for already.

it depends on where you live. many places in northeast US have access to at least 25mbs. I have personally 50 down and 10 up. and guess what, hardly anyone is complaining. The prices are reasonable. The people bitching the most are the poor.

I currently have comcasts 50mb/s down and I think 10mb/s up, but only get 30 and 6, I pay around $70a month for it, which is about the same as some in other states pay for Google fiber gigabit Internet...

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

*ahem*

Telstra seems to be doing a good job for me. Obviously upload speeds are still shit as they have always been though.

4086751923.png

Wow I get the EXACT same speeds from telstra.

Sadly it's the fastest upload speed they offer in my area.

CPU: 3930k  @ stock                                  RAM: 32GB RipjawsZ @ 2133Mhz       Cooling: Custom Loop
MOBO: AsRock x79 Extreme9                      SSD: 240GB Vertex 3 (OS)                     Case: HAF XB                     LG 34um95 + Ergotron MX Arm Mount - Dual Review
  GPUs: Gigabyte GTX 670 SLI                     HDD: 1TB WD Black                                PSU: Corsair AX 860                               Beyerdynamic - Custom One Pro Review

4090257425.png

That's on an 8 year old plan that my ISP doesn't even show anymore in any of their comparisons. 

They keep suggesting that I'd switch to fiber, which would change the speeds to 60 Mbps down and 5 Mbps up for an extra 3 EUR/month (I now pay 46 EUR/month). 

However that would require a new modem (provided by the ISP, you may not substitute your own) and I am hearing a lot of complaints about the security of their new ones.