Apple OS's to over take Windows OS's by 2015

Cloudman

http://www.itnews.com/desktop-pcs/63555/apple-oses-overtake-windows-2015-says-gartner#sthash.U9UURBAh.dpuf

"

Sales of devices based on Apple's Mac OS and iOS will overtake those of products running all flavors of Windows in 2015, a Gartner analyst predicted Monday.

The switch in leadership would come roughly 13 years after Steve Jobs reinvented Apple, launching the iPod and plotting the company on a new path that has seen it conquer and define new markets, beginning with music players and continuing through cellphones and tablet computers.

Last year, shipments of products running Windows still handily outnumbered those running Mac OS and iOS, by 347 million to 213 million, according to figures from Gartner published Monday. The lead will be slashed to 23 million in 2014, and the Apple OSes will likely outnumber Windows devices in 2015, said Carolina Milanesi, research vice president at Gartner.

"When you break down the numbers, Apple is already leading the consumer market. They are selling more than Windows today," said Milanesi in a phone interview. "Microsoft remains relevant thanks to enterprise and professional users.

"

Personally I dont think this will happen because enthusiasts will always want windows based OS's even if they make a hackentosh Apple may lead the mobile market at the moment but android is going to overtake that anytime soon 

Whats your opinions? I wont be swapping to anything Apple anytime soon 

-Cm

thats not going to happen because the govt, any govt /corparations are probably still useing xp and just now going to windows 7. since they dont like change, windows isnt going anyware 

Cpu: Intel i7 4770k @4.4 Ghz | Case: Corsair 350D | Motherbord: Z87 Gryphon | Ram: dominator platinum 4X4 1866 | Video Card: SLI GTX 980 Ti | Power Supply: Seasonic 1000 platinum | Monitor: ACER XB270HU | Keyboard: RK-9100 | Mouse: R.A.T. 7 | Headset : HD 8 DJ | Watercooled

With the amount of Macs in education, audio visual and publishing fields I don't really doubt it.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

Id use apple if they had the right cost and performance and gaming capabilities.

But then they'd be on parity with a Windows so it wouldn't really matter would it? :P

Rig 1 CPU: 3570K Motherboard: V Gene GPU: Power Color r9 280x at 1.35GHZ  RAM: 16 GB 1600mhz PSU: Cougar CMX 700W Storage: 1x Plexor M5S 256GB 1x 1TB HDD 1x 3TB GREEN HDD Case: Coolermaster HAFXB Cooling: Intel Watercooler
"My day so far, I've fixed 4 computers and caught a dog. Australian Tech Industry is weird."

"It's bent so far to the right, It's a hook."

OSX specifically will never out  sell windows

because that means 50%+ of people who can buy a computer can offord something $1000+

which is not possible

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

Im not sure if this is good or bad if OSX overtakes windows more games will be on OSX which is great for some imac users or it will even be games only for MAC but all this is very unlikley because it is probably like 200 million mobile devices plus MAC is extremly expensive

I'd rather use Ubuntu than OS X, I mean it just feels clunky and it looks too fabulous in my opinion

Cooler Master 690 II Advanced - I5 2500K @ 4.5Ghz - Geil Enhance Plus 1750Mhz 8Gb - ASUS ENGTX 570 DCUII - MSI Z68aGD65 - Scythe Mugen 2 Rev. B - Samsung 830 128gb and Crucial m4 128gb - much other stuff not worth mentioning

I wouldn't say it is unlikely. My university (ANU) has an equal distribution of Macs and PCs. I'm guessing other modern institutions are similar as well.

Desktop: Intel Core i7-5820K, Corsair H115i, Asus X99-Deluxe/USB 3.1, G.Skill Ripjaws4 32GB 2800MHz CL16, Zotac RTX 3070, Samsung 950 Pro 512GB in Angelbird Wings PX1, Samsung 850 EVO 1TB, 5*Seagate 12TB, Cooler Master V1200, Phanteks Enthoo Luxe, Windows 10 Pro. Phillips 328P6VUBREB, Corsair Vengeance K95 RGB Cherry MX Brown, Logitech G502 X Plus, Sennheiser HD700.

AYANEO 2S: AMD 7800U, 32GB 7500MHz, 2TB WD SN850X. Windows 11.

The amount of iPods and iPhones sold compared to phones running windows. This is not just about PCs.

Maybe in the US, but here in the Netherlands iPhones are declining and macs I'm not sure but I think I read somewhere they were too.

~non cogito, ergo non sum?~

Now most people already have their personal computer at home,and for general consumer,they won't be upgrading for at least few years.That's why windows number start declining.I bet when whoever want to buy imac already buy it,they won't be upgrading the osx soon and osx will start declining.

Windows still is used in basically every big company, school and what not.

Sure, many universities seem to prefer iMacs [probably due to spacing reasons, and the Win AiO have not been around for very long] but I really doubt that Mac is going to take over anytime soon.

If Linux was to take over, I'd really be pleased :) But there's essential programs such as Office that I really do need daily. Adobe is another program suite many people cannot ignore :/

I like the approach of IBM SPSS, although a horrible program, it supports Linux right out of the box :D

Mac HAD one really big advantage over Windows, and that was the batterylife of their notebooks but now that you get equal batterylife with many other options, they've lost that advantage. Really don't see why there still is this hype around Mac.

But cudos to their marketing, probably one of the world's best. They've actually made a cult of a phone and some computers. Undeniably a great achievement.

I am already using Ubuntu and Windows 50/50, the only thing I'd switch to the same moment I can use my key applications [Workrelated programs, all games] was GNU/Linux.

Frost upon these cigarettes.... lipstick on the window pane...

This won't happen any time soon.

| GPU: GT 650M | CPU: i5-3210M | Excuse my language, sometimes I can be pretty vulgar.

Personally I really like Mac OSX, I counted it and I restarted in 15 seconds, 15! on a hard drive!

According to my friends I was back so quickly Skype only detected it as a connection failure as opposed to me restarting and they didn't even notice I was gone.

Console optimisations and how they will effect you | The difference between AMD cores and Intel cores | Memory Bus size and how it effects your VRAM usage |
How much vram do you actually need? | APUs and the future of processing | Projects: SO - here

Intel i7 5820l @ with Corsair H110 | 32GB DDR4 RAM @ 1600Mhz | XFX Radeon R9 290 @ 1.2Ghz | Corsair 600Q | Corsair TX650 | Probably too much corsair but meh should have had a Corsair SSD and RAM | 1.3TB HDD Space | Sennheiser HD598 | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro | Blue Snowball

Hmm, no I don't think so considering the fact that around 80% of the worlds population is using Windows. Companies will struggle to adopt and not to mention struggle to replace PCs (that are relatively cheap) with Macs that cost a lot lot more.

System Specs:

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X

GPU: Radeon RX 7900 XT 

RAM: 32GB 3600MHz

HDD: 1TB Sabrent NVMe -  WD 1TB Black - WD 2TB Green -  WD 4TB Blue

MB: Gigabyte  B550 Gaming X- RGB Disabled

PSU: Corsair RM850x 80 Plus Gold

Case: BeQuiet! Silent Base 801 Black

Cooler: Noctua NH-DH15

There are more mobile phones being sold than PCs. Why am I not surprised? Windows will still have a hugely massive majority of desktop operating system installations

Intel i7 5820K (4.5 GHz) | MSI X99A MPower | 32 GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2666MHz | Asus RoG STRIX GTX 1080ti OC | Samsung 951 m.2 nVME 512GB | Crucial MX200 1000GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 2000GB | Noctua NH-D15 | Fractal Define R5 | Seasonic 860 Platinum | Logitech G910 | Sennheiser 599 | Blue Yeti | Logitech G502

Nikon D500 | Nikon 300mm f/4 PF  | Nikon 200-500 f/5.6 | Nikon 50mm f/1.8 | Tamron 70-210 f/4 VCII | Sigma 10-20 f/3.5 | Nikon 17-55 f/2.8 | Tamron 90mm F2.8 SP Di VC USD Macro | Neewer 750II

I seriously doubt this will ever happen.

You now breathe manually.

Note that they're saying more Apple devices will ship than Windows devices.

Devices already in people's hands aren't included in these figures.

These sorts of headlines can be very easily deceptive.

Intel Core i7-7700K | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FTW | ASUS ROG Strix Z270G Gaming | 32GB G-Skill TridentZ RGB DDR4-3200 | Corsair AX860i

Cooler Master MasterCase Pro 3 Samsung 950 Pro 256GB | Samsung 850 Evo 1TB | EKWB Custom Loop | Noctua NF-F12(x4)/NF-A14 LTT Special Edition

Dell S2716DGR | Corsair K95 RGB Platinum (Cherry MX Brown) | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | FiiO E17 DAC/Amp | Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro

These statistics include IOS, soooooo....tell me how IOS can be used as a legitimate work platform with it being a phone OS and a fairly garbage one at that in comparision to Windows Phone and Andriod in my opinion. Im guessing all programmers, designers, CAD are all going to do their work on a phone or a underpowered and overpriced apple computer. The article screams of stockholder/fanboy who is entirely over optimistic and dosent understand that the problem is that desktop and computer upgrade cycles are getting longer due to Moores law, while mobile platform upgrades are getting faster. 

These statistics include IOS, soooooo....tell me how IOS can be used as a legitimate work platform with it being a phone OS and a fairly garbage one at that in comparision to Windows Phone and Andriod in my opinion. Im guessing all programmers, designers, CAD are all going to do their work on a phone or a underpowered and overpriced apple computer. The article screams of stockholder/fanboy who is entirely over optimistic and dosent understand that the problem is that desktop and computer upgrade cycles are getting longer due to Moores law, while mobile platform upgrades are getting faster. 

Yep.  The vast majority of Apple's sales come from iOS.  The vast majority of Microsoft's come from actual x86 Windows.

Whoever thinks Microsoft is shaking in its pants because more iOS devices may sell in 2015 than Windows 8 devices needs a serious reality check.

Intel Core i7-7700K | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FTW | ASUS ROG Strix Z270G Gaming | 32GB G-Skill TridentZ RGB DDR4-3200 | Corsair AX860i

Cooler Master MasterCase Pro 3 Samsung 950 Pro 256GB | Samsung 850 Evo 1TB | EKWB Custom Loop | Noctua NF-F12(x4)/NF-A14 LTT Special Edition

Dell S2716DGR | Corsair K95 RGB Platinum (Cherry MX Brown) | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | FiiO E17 DAC/Amp | Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro

Lol. Windows Phone is a flop or a gimmick in some people's eyes, so iOS won there(but Android remains supreme).

Windows is the dominant OS and I will continue to use it until Steam for Linux is much more viable.

thats not going to happen because the govt, any govt /corparations are probably still useing xp and just now going to windows 7. since they dont like change, windows isnt going anyware

Exactly, so they're still using old PCs and therefore are not considered in this comparison...

Note that they're saying more Apple devices will ship than Windows devices.

Devices already in people's hands aren't included in these figures.

These sorts of headlines can be very easily deceptive.

Yeah, you might be running a high end PC which you upgraded various times but because you didn't actually buy a new PC with a new windows license it doesn't count...