Teksavvy price increase, still good or not? (Montreal)

TetraSky

Well, I just checked my emails and Teksavvy is increasing their internet access prices from $47.95 to $54.95, for a 20/10 cable connection. They are also increasing the bandwidth cap from 300GB to 400GB. (Which I didn't need or want)

This is what they had to say about it:

We are writing to inform you about changes to your Internet access service. Starting with your first billing cycle following February 15, 2015, your current package 20/10Mbps with 300 GB of usage at $47.95 will become 20/10Mbps with 400 GB of usage at $54.95.

We would like to tell you why.

As you know, TekSavvy delivers the local portion of your Internet access over a third-party incumbent’s platform. The wholesale price we pay for that local access is regulated at rates set by the Canadian Radio-television and Telecommunications Commissions (CRTC). The rates reflect two parts: access line charges, and aggregate bandwidth charges.

The aggregate bandwidth charges are known as “Capacity Based Billing” or CBB. Put simply, CBB rates are too high. They were too high when they were set years ago. And while bandwidth usage has skyrocketed, there have been no substantial changes to those regulated rates. As a result, what we pay for the use of the local part of the network has increased drastically.

We continue to fight to bring down those costs so that we can minimize their impact on consumers. But at this point, there have not been any significant changes to those CBB prices, and so TekSavvy must adjust its rates and Internet packages. This way we can ensure that we can maintain the level of service you have come to expect from us, and to continue to be competitive in the marketplace.

So basically, they arbitrarily decided to add an 100GB to the plan, to justify the price increase.

With taxes, it was $55.13, with this raise, it goes up to $63.19 (more or less, will know on my next bill),

Is it still worth it, for a nearly $10 increase, 20/10Mbps connection? Are there any alternative ISPs with similar speed and bandwitdh cap (I need at the very least 250GB monthly), for a lower price in the Montreal area? I looked at the big ones and their prices are still outrageous for the service itself, reminding me why I switched to teksavvy to begin with...

Because right now I'm just considering lowering my speed from 20 to 15, to get a good price ($44)... I'd rather not as we are 4 on the network here.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

not good look for another ISP

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

Any suggestion then?

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

I'd pay that in a second for 10 up

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers