HELP!My rig is getting fried!

AlmondNoTitties
Go to solution Solved by AlwaysFSX,

I know, but i installed one simple file that made the change.

Is that so? I guess the coil whine scared the crap out of me and my panic mode activated. Regardless, thank you for explaining it to me.

Yessirrie, it's supposed to run at max utilization, that's how hard it's working to draw more frames. You can try a different power supply or put the card in a different system to see if the whine continues. If it does contact manufacturer to see if you can RMA it.

Actually let me just ask you one question, is it normal for a "Game" to run the same results as a "Stress testing" application? In my eyes this isn't normal. 

The more mods you add, the more stress goes onto the GPU.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

The more mods you add, the more stress goes onto the GPU.

In games since they're not coded to essentially pin the card constantly it can fluctuate a little bit but it should be running at 99% almost all the time. It shouldn't drop to 70% or lower.

Is that so? I guess the coil whine scared the crap out of me and my panic mode activated. Regardless, thank you for explaining it to me.

Yessirrie, it's supposed to run at max utilization, that's how hard it's working to draw more frames. You can try a different power supply or put the card in a different system to see if the whine continues. If it does contact manufacturer to see if you can RMA it.

I'm running the stress test right now and it doesn't make the sound as i heard when i was running Skyrim with the faulty mods.  <---- Reason for making such a fuss

I'm running the stress test right now and it doesn't make the sound as i heard when i was running Skyrim with the faulty mods.  <---- Reason for making such a fuss

Is it possible the sounds were from your speakers? You can start installing each mod one at a time and see which one causes the problem if it reappears.

Is it possible the sounds were from your speakers? You can start installing each mod one at a time and see which one causes the problem if it reappears.

The sound was definitely from the case as i inspected it up close. I uninstalled the mods that caused the problem, but it didnt fix it. I believe it was due to the .ini files in Skyrim itself that caused it to run fast.

The sound was definitely from the case as i inspected it up close. I uninstalled the mods that caused the problem, but it didnt fix it. I believe it was due to the .ini files in Skyrim itself that caused it to run fast.

*shrug* If you can recreate the scenario and get a screenshot of afterburner at the moment then it's possible to find out what the cause is.

*shrug* If you can recreate the scenario and get a screenshot of afterburner at the moment then it's possible to find out what the cause is.

Would take hours as i deleted everything and i will need to reinstall all the mods. Regardless, thank you for teaching me few things that will prevent me from panicking over nothing with my system.

Would take hours as i deleted everything and i will need to reinstall all the mods. Regardless, thank you for teaching me few things that will prevent me from panicking over nothing with my system.

Alright. And no problem, that's what we're here for.

Alright. And no problem, that's what we're here for.

Once again, thank you for your patience with me and have a nice evening Sir!

Modded skyrim is very demanding. I wouldn't be surprised if you didn't hit 60 fps. Oh and that is probably what caused your coil whine, same goes for my gpu. Only in skyrim does it whine.

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case