PS3 audio pass through PC speakers?

Justhavocman

Is there a way i can plug my ps3 on my pc for the audio to pass through? I've set up my ps3 on my monitor and i'd like to be able to use skype on the pc as well as have the sound of the game i'm playing on my headset.

CPU : i5-8600k , Motherboard: Aorus Z370 Ultra Gaming , RAM: G.skill Ripjaws 16GB 3200mhz ,GPU : Gigabyte 1070 G1 ,Case: NZXT Noctis 450 ,Storage : Seagate 1TB HDD , Seagate Barracuda 2TB, Samsung 860 EVO 500GB , KINGSTON SHFS37A/240G HYPERX FURY 240GB  , PSU : Corsair RM 750X , Display(s) : LG Flatron W2243S , Dell U2715H , Cooling: Coolermaster Hyper 212x Evo, Keyboard: Coolermaster Rapid-i , Drevo Tyrfing Black , Coolermaster Masterkeys Pro S, Mouse : Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum , Windows 10 

Is there a way i can plug my ps3 on my pc for the audio to pass through? I've set up my ps3 on my monitor and i'd like to be able to use skype on the pc as well as have the sound of the game i'm playing on my headset.

You could possibly look into getting a AMP/DAC.

Just so you can multiple inputs go into your headset.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Yeah, connect the RCA out thingy to a 3.5mm jack cable and them plug that into the Line In (blue) jack on the back of your PC.

ie:

PS123rcaCable_LG.jpg into 31A6MYDWBJL._SL500_SR100,100_.jpg into line_in.jpg

Compatible with Windows 95

Yeah, connect the RCA out thingy to a 3.5mm jack cable and them plug that into the Line In (blue) jack on the back of your PC.

ie:

Would something like this work https://d.scdn.gr/images/sku_main_images/004020/4020518/4969-kalodio-jack-3-5mm-arseniko-se-2-thilika-3-5-mm-kalodio-415-500x500.jpg instead of the second cable you linked?

CPU : i5-8600k , Motherboard: Aorus Z370 Ultra Gaming , RAM: G.skill Ripjaws 16GB 3200mhz ,GPU : Gigabyte 1070 G1 ,Case: NZXT Noctis 450 ,Storage : Seagate 1TB HDD , Seagate Barracuda 2TB, Samsung 860 EVO 500GB , KINGSTON SHFS37A/240G HYPERX FURY 240GB  , PSU : Corsair RM 750X , Display(s) : LG Flatron W2243S , Dell U2715H , Cooling: Coolermaster Hyper 212x Evo, Keyboard: Coolermaster Rapid-i , Drevo Tyrfing Black , Coolermaster Masterkeys Pro S, Mouse : Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum , Windows 10 

Nope, what you want is a female RCA to male 3.5mm jack.

Then plug it into the RCA adapter that you got in your PS3 box. Then set the audio output to RCA or whatever it's called rather than HDMI or whatever you had it on before.

You could also try the RCA cables into a 3.5 mm adapter and use a splitter and plug into a small headphone amp. Did something similar a while ago and it was relatively cheap.

Windows 10 Edu | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | Ryzen 9 3950x | 4x 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB| ROG Strix GeForce® RTX 2080 SUPER™ Advanced edition | Samsung 980 PRO 500GB + Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2TB + 8TB Seagate Barracuda | EVGA Supernova 650 G2 | Alienware AW3418DW + LG 34uc87c + Dell u3419w | Asus Zephyrus G14

ie:

You could also try the RCA cables into a 3.5 mm adapter and use a splitter and plug into a small headphone amp. Did something similar a while ago and it was relatively cheap.

Ok i just got my monitor which is the Dell Ultrasharp U2715H , i plugged in the PS3 using HDMI and using the audio out of the monitor used this cable 0rLqGHx.jpg and plugged it in the green slot of the onboard audio card . Got no sound. Am i doing something wrong :P

Ok i just got my monitor which is the Dell Ultrasharp U2715H , i plugged in the PS3 using HDMI and using the audio out of the monitor used this cable  and plugged it in the green slot of the onboard audio card . Got no sound. Am i doing something wrong :P

Is the audio output of the PS3 set to HDMI?

Ok i just got my monitor which is the Dell Ultrasharp U2715H , i plugged in the PS3 using HDMI and using the audio out of the monitor used this cable 0rLqGHx.jpg and plugged it in the green slot of the onboard audio card . Got no sound. Am i doing something wrong :P

You wouldnt be able to do that since the green slot on the onboard audio card is an output. The blue one is an input. Then you would need a way to monitor the audio from within the computer. My set up is completely different than tomlambert01, but his method would be a lot simpler if you get it to work.

Windows 10 Edu | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | Ryzen 9 3950x | 4x 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB| ROG Strix GeForce® RTX 2080 SUPER™ Advanced edition | Samsung 980 PRO 500GB + Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2TB + 8TB Seagate Barracuda | EVGA Supernova 650 G2 | Alienware AW3418DW + LG 34uc87c + Dell u3419w | Asus Zephyrus G14

ie:

this, plus set "audio multi out" to the rca output on the ps3 so that your tv will still receive hdmi audio/video.

By the way the cables are rca female to 3.5mm male.

- Alston