Ideas for a school project?

MattTheMayor

So my class is doing this project called "Genius Hour" you're supposed to teach or learn how to do something. I am not really creative and I can't think of anything to teach or learn how to do.

Any ideas? It can't be something that can't be done on school like building a computer, etc. It also can't be something "dangerous" since the school won't allow it.

Something like sign language or something. history of something.

Any ideas?

Look up the golden ratio and how it relates to nature, it's really quite fascinating. maybe throw in the fibbocani numbers, lucas numbers. 

@Toddwjp I included some good videos. 

CPU: Intel 3570 GPUs: Nvidia GTX 660Ti Case: Fractal design Define R4  Storage: 1TB WD Caviar Black & 240GB Hyper X 3k SSD Sound: Custom One Pros Keyboard: Ducky Shine 4 Mouse: Logitech G500

How to overclock a graphics card.

| Intel i7 5820K @ 4.8GHz | G.Skill Ripjaws 4X4GB | X99 PRO | HoF 980 | Asus MX299Q | Sennheiser HD600 |

So my class is doing this project called "Genius Hour" you're supposed to teach or learn how to do something. I am not really creative and I can't think of anything to teach or learn how to do.

Any ideas? It can't be something that can't be done on school like building a computer, etc. It also can't be something "dangerous" since the school won't allow it.

Something like sign language or something. history of something.

Any ideas?

Teaching how to make formulas in some kind of programming language? I dunno..

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

http://www.damninteresting.com/

have a look through these, there good articles. you can then work out how to teach something based on these.\

Look up the golden ratio and how it relates to nature, it's really quite fascinating.

just make sure you use scientific sources, theres alot of bullshit around this area

The kamasutra

Case:NZXT H440   CPU:3570k @ 4.4ghz   Cooler:Prolimatech Megahalems w/ ap121 p/p  GPU:Gigabyte Windforce GTX 770  RAM:Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer 16gb 1600mhz  Mobo:Sabertooth Z77     PSU:Cooler Master Silent Pro M 700w   Wheel: Logitech G27 + joystick as handbrake Asus DGX 5.1        Mouse: Corsair M65     Keyboard: CM Storm Trigger Cherry MX black  Headphones: ATH-M50s    Phone: Nexus 5 32GB  Earphones: Sennheiser CX 400ii    SSD: 120gb 840 evo  HDD: WD Enterprise 2TB    AMP&DAC: Schiit Stack. 

You could learn Haiku... 

Bleigh!  Ever hear of AC series? 

Teach them to read braille. You'll need some blindfolds for the final exam test. ;)

Teach your class how not to be sheeple and educate them on researching their products before they buy.

Build a PC in front of everyone.

Case:Define R4 | MOBO:ASRock z75 Pro 3 | CPU:i7-3770k 4.0GHz | CPU Cooler:H100i | GPU:970 Strix | RAM:Hyper X 16GB | 

Peripherals:ATH-M50x Limited Blue Edition | K95 RGB | M65 RGB | Blue Yeti MIC | (3x)1920x2080 Acer Monitors

Teach them how to overclock a computer and how to do some programming

Current Rig:   CPU: AMD 1950X @4Ghz. Cooler: Enermax Liqtech TR4 360. Motherboard:Asus Zenith Extreme. RAM: 8GB Crucial DDR4 3666. GPU: Reference GTX 970  SSD: 250GB Samsung 970 EVO.  HDD: Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 2TB. Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro. PSU: Corsair RM1000X. OS: Windows 10 Pro UEFI mode  (installed on SSD)

Peripherals:  Display: Acer XB272 1080p 240Hz G Sync Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Brown Mouse: Logitech G502 RGB Headhet: Roccat XTD 5.1 analogue

Daily Devices:Sony Xperia XZ1 Compact and 128GB iPad Pro

Teach them how to make coldbrew coffee, and do it like a cooking show. So you will show them how to get it ready, and than instead of making them wait 12hours for it to brew, You can show them the next step with a  batch you made early. Than you can show them what you can do with coldbrew. Show them how to make a nice cup of coffee, than maybe mocha icecream float.

Is it bad that my dream setup only costs a few thousand not counting the obutto?

CPU: FX-8320

Motherboard: asrock 970Pro3 r2.0

Memory: Team Zeus Blue 8GB DDR3-1600 Memory 

Video Card: Sapphire Radeon R9 280 3GB DUAL-X Video Card 

Case: Deepcool TESSERACT BF ATX Mid Tower Case  

Power Supply: EVGA 500W 80+ Certified ATX Power Supply  

SSD: MX100 128GB

HDD: WD 2TB black edition