Safe to paint heat sync on a motherboard?

I'm looking to paint my ASUS z97-A, heat syncs from being gold to being either a blue or white color. Is this even possible and if so what type of paint should i use and how many layers and if I have to to use a special kind to layer it before and after. Thank you!

ASUS Z97-A LGA 1150 Intel Z97 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard

Motherboard:: Asus Maxiumus ROG Crosshair VII AM4     Ram:: G.SKILL TridentZ RGB Series 16GB (2 x 8GB)     SSD:: Intel 730 series 240Gb SSD
 GPU:: ASUS GTX 1080 8GB ROG Strix     CPU:: AMD Ryzen 7 2700x @3.70GHz   COOLING:: NZXT Kraken x72 AiO, 3x Thermaltake Riing Plus

I am fairly sure linus did that in a video...

Long time Linus fan with too many different forums to keep track of LTT's. 

its fine just it causes a little more heat in thoughts areas but nothing to significant 

I am fairly sure linus did that in a video...

He just painted the plastic on a motherboard and a part of the RAM. Not any heat syncs

Motherboard:: Asus Maxiumus ROG Crosshair VII AM4     Ram:: G.SKILL TridentZ RGB Series 16GB (2 x 8GB)     SSD:: Intel 730 series 240Gb SSD
 GPU:: ASUS GTX 1080 8GB ROG Strix     CPU:: AMD Ryzen 7 2700x @3.70GHz   COOLING:: NZXT Kraken x72 AiO, 3x Thermaltake Riing Plus

I'm looking to paint my ASUS z97-A, heat syncs from being gold to being either a blue or white color. Is this even possible and if so what type of paint should i use and how many layers and if I have to to use a special kind to layer it before and after. Thank you!

ASUS Z97-A LGA 1150 Intel Z97 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard

Yes any regular spray paint will work, just be sure to do nice and light coats so it won't affect the heat dissipation severely. At most it will only make a few degrees of difference on heavy work loads.