WHY PHANTOM GLASS?

JewishBacon

So I just watched the phantom glass Austin Evan's nipple video, and this thought occurred to me.

If phantom Glass is gorilla glass and its supposed to be unscratchable...

and my phone's  screen is phantom glass... 

why would I buy an extra layer of unscratchableness? 

STEAM NAME: JewishBacon GPU  Sapphire dual x R9 280x OC edition CPU core i7 4770k stock speed COOLER H100i  CASE Fractal R4 Window Black  MOBO MSI gd-65 gaming Storage 1TB WD Blue drive, 1TB Samsung 7200 rpm, 120 GB OCZ SSD, 64 GB WD Blue ssd  RAM 12 GB @ 1600 Ghz kingston RAM  MiscNZXT HUE, disk read/write, 2x 21 inch 1920x1080 monitors   

So I just watched the phantom glass Austin Evan's nipple video, and this thought occurred to me.

Because even if it gets scratched, its cheaper to replace than the phones screen. Lets say its like insurance.

Main Rig

Case: NZXT H440 White | CPU: Intel Core i5-4690K @5.2GHz | CPU Cooler: Corsair H80i Hydro Series | Motherboard: MSI Z97S Krait Edition | RAM: HyperX Fury White & Black Series 16GB (4x4GB) OC to 2133MHz | Graphics Card: Zotac GeForce GTX 980 Ti ArcticStorm | SSD: Intel 730 Series 480GB & Samsung 840 256GB | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200rpm | PSU: EVGA 750W Supernova G2 80+ Gold | Display: BenQ XL2420G & Samsung S20D300 | Headset: Corsair 1500 | Mouse: Logitech G700S | Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K70 Silver RED LED

XENON Build:  

Intel Xeon E3-1230 V2 @3.3GHz | Intel DZ68BC | Corsair Dominator Platinum 2x4GB 1866MHz | Kingston HyperX 3k 240GB | MSI GeForce GTX 680 | Fractal Design Define R4 Titanium Grey | Seasonic 520W 80+ Platinum Fanless

Office Build:

Case: Fractal Focus G White | CPU: i5-8600K | CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo | Motherboard: MSI Z370-A PRO | RAM: Corsair LPX 16GB-2666 | GPU: MSI GTX 1060 6GB GAMING X | SSD: Kingston A400 240GB | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200rpm | PSU: EVGA BT 450W+ Bronze

Phone

iPhone XS Max 512GB Gold

Just in case the unscratchableness lost its unscratchableness and became scratchable, then you'd have a second layer of unscratchableness to protect your original unscratchable phone screen which would not be easy to replace if it were to lose its unscratchableness and become scratchable.

My arsenal: i7-9700k Gaming Rig, an iPhone, and Stupidity.

Because LInus hypnotised you???? :lol:

"Speaking of Phones! Our phones during the trip has been protected by Phantom Glass! It is very easy to apply as it is almost impossible to have bubbles!, go to Phantom.Glass now to get yours!" -Linus Sebastian

They make the best darn screen protectors out there their Gorilla Glass 3 so they're super clear they have the same feel as your regular Gorilla Glass screen on your phone. They're easy to apple and you actually pretty much couldn't get bubbles under them no matter how hard you try, you can check those out at store.phantom.glass, link to in the video description below" -Linus CES 2015

Main Rig

Case: NZXT H440 White | CPU: Intel Core i5-4690K @5.2GHz | CPU Cooler: Corsair H80i Hydro Series | Motherboard: MSI Z97S Krait Edition | RAM: HyperX Fury White & Black Series 16GB (4x4GB) OC to 2133MHz | Graphics Card: Zotac GeForce GTX 980 Ti ArcticStorm | SSD: Intel 730 Series 480GB & Samsung 840 256GB | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200rpm | PSU: EVGA 750W Supernova G2 80+ Gold | Display: BenQ XL2420G & Samsung S20D300 | Headset: Corsair 1500 | Mouse: Logitech G700S | Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K70 Silver RED LED

XENON Build:  

Intel Xeon E3-1230 V2 @3.3GHz | Intel DZ68BC | Corsair Dominator Platinum 2x4GB 1866MHz | Kingston HyperX 3k 240GB | MSI GeForce GTX 680 | Fractal Design Define R4 Titanium Grey | Seasonic 520W 80+ Platinum Fanless

Office Build:

Case: Fractal Focus G White | CPU: i5-8600K | CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo | Motherboard: MSI Z370-A PRO | RAM: Corsair LPX 16GB-2666 | GPU: MSI GTX 1060 6GB GAMING X | SSD: Kingston A400 240GB | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200rpm | PSU: EVGA BT 450W+ Bronze

Phone

iPhone XS Max 512GB Gold

"Speaking of Phones! Our phones during the trip has been protected by Phantom Glass! It is very easy to apply as it is almost impossible to have bubbles!, go to Phantom.Glass now to get yours!" -Linus Sebastian

"Visit STORE.PHANTOM.GLASS for the best darn screen protectors out there" - Linus Sebastian

That French guy who lives in the Netherlands and speaks German.

Because I don't want my 1300 dollar phone to get scratches when I can protect it with a 40 dollar protector that you won't notice once it's installed. 

And if you don't know how to apply the Phantom Glass screen protector that you can get at store.phantom.glass than you can listen to an audio book from a course from Lynda.com, then while you are listening to that audio book about Phantom Glass from Lynda.com you can shave time and shave money with Dollar Shave club. 

CPU: Intel i7 8700K | CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 | RAM: Kingston HyperX 2x8GB | Motherboard: Asus ROG Z370-E | GPU: MSI GTX 970 | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB & 2TB | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB & 970 EVO M.2 500GB | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X | PSU: Silverstone Platinum Strider 1100W | Monitor: AOC i2367Fh | Headphones: ATH-M40X | Mic: Antlion ModMic 4 | Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB w/ MX Browns | Mouse: Logitech G502 HERO

Make sure you quote or mention the person you're replying to in your comment. Also remember to follow your thread when creating it to get a notification every time someone replies. 

Be nice and have fun. Cheers!

The oleophobic coating could wear off and effectively make your screen nasty and hard to clean. Can replace it for fairly cheap in contrast to a phone screen, it'll absorb some of the impact from any drop; likely shattering the screen protector instead of the screen.

Because I don't want my 1300 dollar phone to get scratches when I can protect it with a 40 dollar protector that you won't notice once it's installed. 

1300$ dollar? what kind of phone do you have? xD

msi z97m gaming - i5 4690k @4.4ghz 1.2V corsair h110 powercolor r9 290x pcs+ - 8GB corsair vengeance dual channel @2133mhz - thermaltake smart power se 730watts - intel 530 series 240GB ssd seagate 1tb 7200rpm - corsiar obsidian 350D - 2x enermax tb silence 140mm - logitech x-530 - sony mdr xb600 - medion 24'' 1080P cm storm quickfire tk white edition with cherry mx red cheap but awesome mouse #GloriousPaintMasterRace

Simply because it protected Linus' phone while he destroyed everything at CES. 

My build: tis be ordered

Because even if it gets scratched, its cheaper to replace than the phones screen. Lets say its like insurance.

What? But it is supposed to be unscratchable, meaning that you wouldn't need an extra one...

What? But it is supposed to be unscratchable, meaning that you wouldn't need an extra one...

No. Gorrilla Glass is scratch resistant. It shouldn't be scratched super easily, but it still can. As such Phantom glass makes a lot of sense.

Normandy - Intel Core i5 3470, 8 GB Corsair Vengenace LP, EVGA GTX 960 SSC, Gigabyte GA-Z77M-D3H-MVP, WD Blue 1 TB, Seagate 320 GB (steam), Seagate 320 GB (experimental, second OS, etc), Windows 8.1 + Ubuntu 14.10

Garrus - HP Stream 11

They scratch it.

Main Rig

XENON Build:  

Office Build:

Phone

iPhone XS Max 512GB Gold

No. Gorrilla Glass is scratch resistant. It shouldn't be scratched super easily, but it still can. As such Phantom glass makes a lot of sense.

Yeah sorry that's what I meant, but they say that it's unscratchable...

isnt it obvious.. all the phones from 100$ to .. I dunno.. a billion $ they are all the same... what it means... they are crap ;)

128gb iphone 6+

*shudders* the gaming laptop I could buy with that...

Yeah sorry that's what I meant, but they say that it's unscratchable...

no they dont? even the website says "damage and scratch resistant" not scratch proof

you CAN scratch gorilla glass, and it can shatter on impact- with a second glass layer, if that cracks or gets scratched then your actual display will be untouched, its also 100x better than a horrible smearly plastic bubble filled horrible feeling $10 plastic screen protector

I dont use cases at all on my phone, so I am actually considering picking one up, I have a few light scratches on my iPhone 6 and I dont want to do any further damage

*shudders* the gaming laptop I could buy with that...

I have a 128gb 6 too :D (not a + though because I have small hands :( wahhh )

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

I have a 128gb 6 too :D (not a + though because I have small hands :( wahhh )

My username on a lot of other sites is "fatdicklegend"   ;)

128gb iphone 6+

that's only $999

msi z97m gaming - i5 4690k @4.4ghz 1.2V corsair h110 powercolor r9 290x pcs+ - 8GB corsair vengeance dual channel @2133mhz - thermaltake smart power se 730watts - intel 530 series 240GB ssd seagate 1tb 7200rpm - corsiar obsidian 350D - 2x enermax tb silence 140mm - logitech x-530 - sony mdr xb600 - medion 24'' 1080P cm storm quickfire tk white edition with cherry mx red cheap but awesome mouse #GloriousPaintMasterRace

I am never buying this shit now because of the sponsor spam. Thanks Linus for showing us how scummy they are they want to spam Linus' videos

because id rather break a $35 piece of glass and not $350 Phone screen when it breaks