msi r9 290x too hot

I have a msi r9 290x gaming 4g. that's a r9 290x with a twinfrozer 4.

Is it normal that it runs 90 degree celsius on full load, fans full speed and on ''msi silent mode''?

That is not normal (would be if reference)

What is the cooling on your pc like?

Nvidia is to Dr Dre Beets as AMD is to KFC.

One makes you broke, the other you can get more of and have a midnight snack from the fridge when hungry again. Once you go Nvidia, you go broked, turn into an Elitist, or get the incorrect amount of VRAM.

- WCCFTECH

I was only 9 years old. I loved Fifflaren so much, I had all the NiP merchandise and matches pirated. I prayed to Fifflaren every night before bed. Thanking him for the life I have been given. Fifflaren is love I say. Fifflaren is life. My dad hears and calls me a fuckhead. I knew he was just jelly of my passion for Fifflaren. I called him a Sw@yer. He hits me and sends me to go to sleep. I'm crying now, and my face hurts. I lay in bed and it's really cold. A warmth is moving towards me. I feel someone touching me. I feel someone touching me. It's Fifflaren. I am so happy. He whispers in my ear; "this is my pyjama". He grabs me with his powerful Swedish hands and puts me on my hands and knees. I'm ready. I spread my ass cheeks for Fifflaren. He penetrates my butt-hole. It hurts so much but I do it for Fifflaren. I can feel my butt tearing as my eyes start to water. I push against his force. I want to please Fifflaren. He roars a viking roar as he fills my butt with his love. My dad walks in. Fifflaren looks straight into his eyes and says; "He is a ninja now". Fifflaren is love, Fifflaren is life 

Is it normal that it runs 90 degree celsius on full load, fans full speed and on ''msi silent mode''?

What's your case cooling like?

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

sounds like either an air flow problem, or you are running furmark (which no one ever should do).

R9 3900XT | Tomahawk B550 | Ventus OC RTX 3090 | Photon 1050W | 32GB DDR4 | TUF GT501 Case | Vizio 4K 50'' HDR

I have a coolermaster haf x case 200mm intake at front, 200mm intake at the side, corsair h100i at the top cooling my 4770k and a 120m at the back and powersupply upside down getting air from the bottom.

Well if i play a game like ac unity. it is running 90 degree celsius

Well if i play a game like ac unity. it is running 90 degree celsius

Ubisoft -_-

What about idle?

"an obvious supporter of privacy"

dual monitor? (like not for gaming but just more than 1 monitor connected)

R9 3900XT | Tomahawk B550 | Ventus OC RTX 3090 | Photon 1050W | 32GB DDR4 | TUF GT501 Case | Vizio 4K 50'' HDR

This is what you get when you decide to leave Gigabyte and Sapphire behind and go for the so called Msi Gaming or Asus , from now on go with Gigabyte or Sapphire or any other company but those two

What do you mean fans on full speed?

The reference cooler cools better than that, there's something wrong with your fans on the card, or the cooler has bad TIM or something.

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

This is what you get when you decide to leave Gigabyte and Sapphire behind and go for the so called Msi Gaming or Asus , from now on go with Gigabyte or Sapphire or any other company but those two

You're typing a load of bullshit here. Their cards work just fine.

@OP: I have a Asus 290x which cooler is temperature wise a lot like yours, and mine reaches a max of 78 degrees. Try testing without the second screen plugged in.

Mah Build:  CPU: Intel i7-7700K COOLING: NZXT Kraken X52 GPU: Asus Strix GTX 1080 MOBO: Asus Strix Z270F RAM: 16GB GSKILL TridentZ RGB 3000 

CASE: In Win 303 STORAGE: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB, Seagate 1TB  SSHD PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 750W

You're spreading bullshit. I have an ASUS DirectCUII 660 Ti and it works perfectly fine. Folding constantly while overclocked.

What if someone ended up with a bad Gigabyte card? Would you just blow it off? Ignore it? All manufacturers have issues, even your beloved Gigabyte and Sapphire.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

You're spreading bullshit. I have an ASUS DirectCUII 660 Ti and it works perfectly fine. Folding constantly while overclocked.

What if someone ended up with a bad Gigabyte card? Would you just blow it off? Ignore it? All manufacturers have issues, even your beloved Gigabyte and Sapphire.

The Asus DirectCUII cards for AMD R9 series cards have problems.....not GTX 7x or 6x cards.

What i meant is that Asus & Msi are very overrated and have many issues and what makes people beleive that they're any good is misguided reviewies i rarely hear anyone complaining about Gigabyte , Sapphire , Evga , Zotac , 3D club and even Galaxy , but it's always about Asus & Msi the most common and the least reliable 

you might trying changing the thermal paste, the twin frozr's are rather simple to disassemble and re;   Other than that It could be the second monitor its driving

The Asus DirectCUII cards for AMD R9 series cards have problems.....not GTX 7x or 6x cards.

I can confirm as I own one, the DCUii cooler is a literal turd on the 290/x. the card itself is fully custom and a nice piece of work, and with a better cooler the dcuii card is fantastic.

Wow, my reference 980 runs cooler when overclocked. 

IDK urs is supposed to be in the mid 70s to low 80s temp-wise 

Current Rig:   CPU: AMD 1950X @4Ghz. Cooler: Enermax Liqtech TR4 360. Motherboard:Asus Zenith Extreme. RAM: 8GB Crucial DDR4 3666. GPU: Reference GTX 970  SSD: 250GB Samsung 970 EVO.  HDD: Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 2TB. Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro. PSU: Corsair RM1000X. OS: Windows 10 Pro UEFI mode  (installed on SSD)

Peripherals:  Display: Acer XB272 1080p 240Hz G Sync Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Brown Mouse: Logitech G502 RGB Headhet: Roccat XTD 5.1 analogue

Daily Devices:Sony Xperia XZ1 Compact and 128GB iPad Pro

I had the same problems with my Msi r9 280x gaming.

It was running upwards of 96-97c, so i removed the heatsink and i discovered that they had used way to much thermal paste.

So i took it of, cleened the cpu chip with some alcohol and applyed some new thermal paste (Noctua nt-h1).

The tems are now at 82c max running unigine valley for 30 minutes.