LTTs 60 FPS scam video?

KamiKatze

I don't know if you guys remember but there was a video on LTT that was uploaded in 60 FPS. Seems like the video footage was just 30 FPS and exported in 60 according to Linus on the recent WAN show. Now i wanted to go back to the video and watch it again, but which freaking video was that? I can't find it. :D

who cares...

I know right! So shocked!

(Interlaced 60fps is still cool with me..)

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

I know right! So shocked!

(Interlaced 60fps is still cool with me..)

If i recall correctly, it did look better though. Maybe it was palcebo effect. Thats why i wanted to check back again. :D

who cares...

Was it this you are talking about? It's a channel super fun but it's clearly 60fps. Undoubtedly better looking to me.

Ryzen 3700x -Evga RTX 2080 Super- Msi x570 Gaming Edge - G.Skill Ripjaws 3600Mhz RAM - EVGA SuperNova G3 750W -500gb 970 Evo - 250Gb Samsung 850 Evo - 250Gb Samsung 840 Evo  - 4Tb WD Blue- NZXT h500 - ROG Swift PG348Q

If i recall correctly, it did look better though. Maybe it was palcebo effect. Thats why i wanted to check back again. :D

When I started the vid I immediately saw it, no placebo stuff for me.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Was it this you are talking about? It's a channel super fun but it's clearly 60fps. Undoubtedly better looking to me.

That one wasn't it but that looks like legit 60 FPS

who cares...

lmao at everyone in the comments "MOAR 60 FPS"

PROJECT MOGARCPU: i5 4690k @ 4.9 Ghz CPU CoolerCorsair H100i in Pull on top Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97X-Gaming GT GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Gaming Edition RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum (2x8GB) 2133 Mhz  PSU: EVGA G2 850W SSD: Samsung EVO 840 250 GB HDD: WD Black 1TB Case: Cooler Master CM Storm Scout II

This is the 30FPS video rendered in 60FPS.

Very noticeable to us PCMasterRacers

LMAO. I have seen this video and I didn't notice in the slightest. However the video I linked was the only one I can think of that was actually 60fps, clearly it was. I can't believe people were actually saying that that video looked better. It's only going to damage our chances of seeing more 60fps content from linus in the future. I quite liked the 60fps in the rubber band video.

Ryzen 3700x -Evga RTX 2080 Super- Msi x570 Gaming Edge - G.Skill Ripjaws 3600Mhz RAM - EVGA SuperNova G3 750W -500gb 970 Evo - 250Gb Samsung 850 Evo - 250Gb Samsung 840 Evo  - 4Tb WD Blue- NZXT h500 - ROG Swift PG348Q

This is the 30FPS video rendered in 60FPS.

Very noticeable to us PCMasterRacers

LMAO. I have seen this video and I didn't notice in the slightest. However the video I linked was the only one I can think of that was actually 60fps, clearly it was. I can't believe people were actually saying that that video looked better. It's only going to damage our chances of seeing more 60fps content from linus in the future. I quite liked the 60fps in the rubber band video.

It looks better even though it's just rendered in 60 FPS. it#s not just the 1080P resolution, it is in deed better. Of course i would have to view it side by side off of youtube to compare it, but i still think youtube is cutting off one or two edges when you upload in regular 1080Px30FPS

who cares...

It looks better even though it's just rendered in 60 FPS. it#s not just the 1080P resolution, it is in deed better. Of course i would have to view it side by side off of youtube to compare it, but i still think youtube is cutting off one or two edges when you upload in regular 1080Px30FPS

Meh, maybe? It looks the same to me.

That one is actually 60fps (just tried both and I could tell the difference, especially in the time lapse), I don't think that's the video linus meant though

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

That one is actually 60fps (just tried both and I could tell the difference, especially in the time lapse), I don't think that's the video linus meant though

As posted above, the video he was talking about was the x99 overclocking guide. I don't see why people would think it's 60fps by looking at it.

Thought this was a great move :P quite funny to see peoples reactions. Not saying that i'm any better, I have trouble noticing it when it is 60 fps :L 

Bleigh!  Ever hear of AC series? 

For me, I realized it was 60fps within 2 seconds, only after that did I check. If it's 30fps interlaced then it is damn nice but I can definitely see it's not real 60 but easily an improvment over the regular.

Specs are on my profile page

Teach a man to fish and he ends up sticking a screw driver in a turned on power supply seeing if it still works.        #KilledMyWifeWithABomb            Resolution is just a number

<-- i watch most of the videos at 480p and on firefox so i wouldn't notice anyway Q_Q.

I think you ment rendered in 60fps or something?

I think you ment rendered in 60fps or something?

yepp. the video that linus talked about on the wan show.

who cares...

The rubber band video is truly 60fps and it looks horrible to me. It feels like a slow motion video running in full speed if that even makes sense.