Heaven Society - Week 30 (Bartender)

fairly easily from my perspective, I have not seen either anime but i already have bartender downloaded and it had a better image in the poll lol. I'm more surprised that Parasyte did so badly in the poll when it is a newer anime that seems to be getting a lot of good press from places

@MyInnerFred you forgot to put the synopsis for Okami-San and Her Seven Companions in the poll... only took me until the discussion thread came up to notice

Shit, I probably shouldn't make threads so late at night but it couldn't be helped. I'll fix it. 

this was one of the last anime that I watched and liked before I stepped away from actively watching the genre. It was very "refreshing" to watch something that wasn't about big flopping boobs and fighting demons with superpowers that needed charging up.

while some of the bar storylines ie why they came to the bar was a bit stretched I thoroughly enjoyed learning the history of a particular drink weaved into a meta story of how bars and drinks have changed throughout time.

thoroughly loved it, wished there were more shows like this out there that are boring to the mainstream but interesting to me.

I completely agree with your statement. 

I'm not a member of the anime club.

But since i liked the manga and i did not know there was an anime. I'll check it out ^_^

Don't gotta be part of the cool kidz club to be a cool kid. lol

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

I don't drink. :mellow:

i used to. 

9 months clean as of last month. ^~^

Watch out for each other. Love everyone and forgive everyone, including yourself. Forgive your anger, forgive your guilt. Your shame. Your sadness. Embrace and open up your love, your joy, your truth, and most especially your heart. 
-Jim Hensen

thoroughly loved it, wished there were more shows like this out there that are boring to the mainstream but interesting to me.

i don't say that 90% of anime is crap for nothing :P

then you have several "watchable", and within the small

fraction you have left there are those that really stand out.

It's totally worth trying to find those gems. 

Edited by tobben

So am I the only one that thinks that although bartender is generally good it does not work well with marathoning. It seems like it would work best watching one episode at a time maybe even spread out a bit.

Yep like I said I watched one or two a night before bed just to chill after work.

Sooo, has anyone watched it or parts of it?

i'm curious to hear any opinions people have

to share.

Sooo, has anyone watched it or parts of it?

i'm curious to hear any opinions people have

to share.

I have started watching it and i really like it but i find it a little to slow paced to marathon it so i have only gotten to episode 5 i think

I have started watching it and i really like it but i find it a little to slow paced to marathon it so i have only gotten to episode 5 i think

Yeah, probably best to approach it one episode at a time.

Even if "slow paced" usually doesn't exist in my vocabulary :P

Yeah, probably best to approach it one episode at a time.

Even if "slow paced" usually doesn't exist in my vocabulary :P

I've been busy so I haven't had a chance. I'll stop slacking and start tonight after dinner and photoshop(hopefully fast). 

Will update!

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

So am I the only one that thinks that although bartender is generally good it does not work well with marathoning. It seems like it would work best watching one episode at a time maybe even spread out a bit.

Agreed, I'm slipping in an episode here or there.

It isn't something I can marathon. Its a bit like me and absinthe. Nice to unwind with every once in awhile . It is taking me longer than I thought.

Like E-Sports? Check out the E-Sports forum for competitive click click pew pew

Like Anime? Check out Heaven Society the forums local Anime club

I was only living because it was too much trouble to die.

R9 7950x | RTX4090

Agreed, I'm slipping in an episode here or there.

It isn't something I can marathon. Its a bit like me and absinthe. Nice to unwind with every once in awhile . It is taking me longer than I thought.

Good its something that you should actually take your time watching and absorb if you know what i mean

• 3 weeks later...

• 3 weeks later...

It kind of feels like each episode is a long alcohol commercial.I don't know if the content changes after the  second episode, but was this anime made to make money from advertising?

It kind of feels like each episode is a long alcohol commercial.I don't know if the content changes after the second episode, but was this anime made to make money from advertising?

It was made to celebrate the 100th year of a certain something. BTW this series isn't this week's topic of discussion haha.

It kind of feels like each episode is a long alcohol commercial.I don't know if the content changes after the  second episode, but was this anime made to make money from advertising?

not at all. just to celebrate the drink.

• 2 weeks later...

interesting show. it wouldn't have been something I would of watched without a recommendation. will continue to watch a couple more to see were the story goes. :)

interesting show. it wouldn't have been something I would of watched without a recommendation. will continue to watch a couple more to see were the story goes. :)

Its also a rather uncommon anime and I believe only has 1 or maybe 2 complete translations.