Intel's future

I watched this video and I want your thought on this.

As a gamer I only care about performance. But apparently the new Broadwell chips are so efficient that they can be run with fanless coolers.

Does that mean if I water cool this thing it will yield a much higher overclock since if Nitrogen can make a very hot AMD chip run twice as fast, would a modest water cooler can make this thing run even faster since it is very efficient to begin with?

CPU AMD FX-8350 @ 4.0GHzCooling AMD StockMotherboard AsRock 970 Extreme4RAM 8GB (2x4) DDR3 1333MHz GPU AMD Sapphire R9 290 Vapor-XCase Fractal Define R5 Titanium 

Storage Samsung 120GB 840 EVO | PSUThermaltake Litepower 600WOS Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit

Upgrading to - Intel i7 - New motherboard - Corsair AIO H110i GT watercooler -  1000W PSU

there are more barriers then heat

as a company I like AMD alot more they arent building a 10nm factory is a country of opressors

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

Well, I refuse to support intel now that they back feminism.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Broadwell runs at 307 mhz my crystal ball told me.

i7 5930k . 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 2666 DDR4 . Gigabyte GA-X99-Gaming G1-WIFI . Zotac GeForce GTX 980 AMP! 4GB SLi . Crucial M550 1TB SSD . LG BD . Fractal Design Define R2 Black Pearl . SuperFlower Leadex Gold 750w . BenQ GW2765HT 2560x1440 . CM Storm QF TK MX Blue . SteelSeries Rival 
i5 2500k/ EVGA Z68SLi/ FX 8320/ Phenom II B55 x4/ MSI 790FX-GD70/ G.skill Ripjaws X 1600 8GB kit/ Geil Black Dragon 1600 4GB kit/ Sapphire Ref R9 290/ XFX DD GHOST 7770 

It's the chip that matters not some corporate politic.

CPU AMD FX-8350 @ 4.0GHzCooling AMD StockMotherboard AsRock 970 Extreme4RAM 8GB (2x4) DDR3 1333MHz GPU AMD Sapphire R9 290 Vapor-XCase Fractal Define R5 Titanium 

Storage Samsung 120GB 840 EVO | PSUThermaltake Litepower 600WOS Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit

Upgrading to - Intel i7 - New motherboard - Corsair AIO H110i GT watercooler -  1000W PSU

I think we are gently approaching the limit of single threaded performance. 

Quantum computing will bring about the next major jump in computing.

Gaming Rig: i5-3570k+H100i (4.3 ghz) | P8Z77-i Deluxe | MSI Twin Frozr 7950 Boost | HX650 | 1TB HGST | 840 Evo 250 GB

Fanless mobile devices worry me... I'm in a tropical country and ambients can easily reach 40C...

Well, I refuse to support intel now that they back feminism misandry.

FTFY

How is it now? /halfsarcasm

I overclovked my gakaxy s4 to 7.9ghz on air.... so we are not at any limit boi lel

i7 5930k . 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 2666 DDR4 . Gigabyte GA-X99-Gaming G1-WIFI . Zotac GeForce GTX 980 AMP! 4GB SLi . Crucial M550 1TB SSD . LG BD . Fractal Design Define R2 Black Pearl . SuperFlower Leadex Gold 750w . BenQ GW2765HT 2560x1440 . CM Storm QF TK MX Blue . SteelSeries Rival 
i5 2500k/ EVGA Z68SLi/ FX 8320/ Phenom II B55 x4/ MSI 790FX-GD70/ G.skill Ripjaws X 1600 8GB kit/ Geil Black Dragon 1600 4GB kit/ Sapphire Ref R9 290/ XFX DD GHOST 7770 

What about AMD? They have a woman as CEO!!! Ew cooties!!!!!11

You shouldn't worry... there's a device which chipset generates more heat and it's passively cooled by a smaller heatsink (in some cases it can even output 4 times more heat! (depending on its age of course :P))

Lets see if you guess it.

The Northbridge?

What about AMD? They have a woman as CEO!!! Ew cooties!!!!!11

So suddenly, Just becouse there is a woman high up in a company makes the entire company is counted as feminists?

My Gaming PC

|| CPU: Intel i5 4690@4.3Ghz || GPU: Dual ASUS gtx 1080 Strix. || RAM: 16gb (4x4gb) Kingston HyperX Genesis 1600Mhz. || Motherboard: MSI Z97S Krait edition. || OS: Win10 Pro

Trust me, Im an Engineer

So suddenly, Just becouse there is a woman high up in a company makes the entire company is counted as feminists?

Well they don't seem to have an issue with having women in positions of power and influence and that's literally all feminism is, so yes.

Nope, nothing to do with pcs...

I have no idea now... The only other things I can think of would be motorcycle engines and refrigerators...

Honestly I don't care about Intel's or AMD's future. I just want faster, better, efficient processors that can allow me to do more at once. I want to be able to render a video, play a video game, and stream... common Intel/AMD give me that ability damnit!

Did you even watch the video?

When I said Intel's Future I am talking about their future products in a few months or years.

Those are mobile CPUs m8...

They are releasing Broadwell unlocked desktop CPU later this year.

I think we are gently approaching the limit of single threaded performance.

Quantum computing will bring about the next major jump in computing.

Nah, carbon nanotube and Graphene processes will bring a major jump before quantum computing.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

Well they don't seem to have an issue with having women in positions of power and influence and that's literally all feminism is, so yes.

It depends on who you ask. I would call it Humanism since they only have humans there.

My Gaming PC

|| CPU: Intel i5 4690@4.3Ghz || GPU: Dual ASUS gtx 1080 Strix. || RAM: 16gb (4x4gb) Kingston HyperX Genesis 1600Mhz. || Motherboard: MSI Z97S Krait edition. || OS: Win10 Pro

Trust me, Im an Engineer

Does that mean if I water cool this thing it will yield a much higher overclock since if Nitrogen can make a very hot AMD chip run twice as fast, would a modest water cooler can make this thing run even faster since it is very efficient to begin with?

No that's not how it works.

Can someone really tell me in depth, who are feminazis and feminists?

Honestly I don't care about Intel's or AMD's future. I just want faster, better, efficient processors that can allow me to do more at once. I want to be able to render a video, play a video game, and stream... common Intel/AMD give me that ability damnit!

Will never happen and I'll tell you why.

As hardware gets more powerful, games are designed around using more processing power (and memory). And video rendering will always push your CPU pretty much to 100%. You could have a 32-core Xeon and it'd be at 100%. If you want to render video and play games at the same time, set your video rendering program to only use certain cores, and set your games to use other cores. And as processors get more powerful, games will use more... so there isn't going to be a release where you can do everything at once without affecting performance :P

Intel i5-4690K @ 3.8GHz || Gigabyte Z97X-SLI || 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws X 1600MHz || Asus GTX 760 2GB @ 1150 / 6400 || 128GB A-Data SX900 + 1TB Toshiba 7200RPM || Corsair RM650 || Fractal 3500W

Feminazis aren't feminists....

what's the difference? Feminism operates on the notion that women are disadvantaged, which isn't the case in most of the first world.

At this point the movement offers little more than cherry-picked statistics to fit a preexisting objective.

Intel i5-4690K @ 3.8GHz || Gigabyte Z97X-SLI || 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws X 1600MHz || Asus GTX 760 2GB @ 1150 / 6400 || 128GB A-Data SX900 + 1TB Toshiba 7200RPM || Corsair RM650 || Fractal 3500W

It depends on who you ask. I would call it Humanism since they only have humans there.

...but that's not what humanism is either. Humanism is a movement based on the idea that religion is at best unnecessary and at worst detrimental to the notion of morality, in stark contrast to the religious idea that without religion morality is impossible. It's often used as a mantra for and by atheists, but it's not exclusive of religious people and it exists largely to provide atheists and agnostics the social framework that exists in religious organisations, such as the communities around Churches, Synagogues and Mosques. It's not about... hiring humans, or allowing humans into positions of power because that's like... stupid.

what's the difference? Feminism operates on the notion that women are disadvantaged, which isn't the case in most of the first world.

At this point the movement offers little more than cherry-picked statistics to fit a preexisting objective.

Feminazis are men haters, they want women to be the superior sex.

Feminists want gender equality.

They are releasing Broadwell unlocked desktop CPU later this year.

Unlocked? And they use a Haswell socket right?

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL