Intel's future

Those are expected to have a TDP of ~65 W...

Also I don't see how less heat means more OC... you will kill the chip at very high voltages anyway...

Lower voltage required to overclock, higher clocks achieved on current coolers, more than the 30oC headroom my i5 4440 would have if unlocked (liquid cooled, stock had it throttling).

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

That's obvious... it runs at lower voltage... just we've to see if the "safe Voltage"/stock voltage ratio and average OC is better or worse, that's something that we don't know yet.

Either way they'll surpass my X5450 on air which will mean more fun for me. Even with liquid cooling the damn thing throttled at anything higher than 3.25GHz

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

Those are expected to have a TDP of ~65 W...

Also I don't see how less heat means more OC... you will kill the chip at very high voltages anyway...

Ah ok. I forgot about voltages.

CPU AMD FX-8350 @ 4.0GHzCooling AMD StockMotherboard AsRock 970 Extreme4RAM 8GB (2x4) DDR3 1333MHz GPU AMD Sapphire R9 290 Vapor-XCase Fractal Define R5 Titanium 

Storage Samsung 120GB 840 EVO | PSUThermaltake Litepower 600WOS Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit

Upgrading to - Intel i7 - New motherboard - Corsair AIO H110i GT watercooler -  1000W PSU

Unlocked? And they use a Haswell socket right?

Yup, the Z97 platform.

Broadwell will be released alongside with the early Skylake processors Q2 2015. Broadwell got delayed so they want to sell it as fast as possible before the bulk of the Skylake in 2016. It is suppose to come out last year (2014).

It has to be unlocked, it would be foolish for them to release a locked processor that has been delayed numerous times.

CPU AMD FX-8350 @ 4.0GHzCooling AMD StockMotherboard AsRock 970 Extreme4RAM 8GB (2x4) DDR3 1333MHz GPU AMD Sapphire R9 290 Vapor-XCase Fractal Define R5 Titanium 

Storage Samsung 120GB 840 EVO | PSUThermaltake Litepower 600WOS Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit

Upgrading to - Intel i7 - New motherboard - Corsair AIO H110i GT watercooler -  1000W PSU

Feminazis are men haters, they want women to be the superior sex.

Feminists want gender equality.

Feminists claim to want gender equality.*

Operate under the notion that women are disadvantaged, or need to be brought up to equality, when we already have equality (in terms of rights, women actually have more at the moment than men in most western society)

Although i suppose this isn't really the place for this sort of discussion >_<

Yup, the Z97 platform.

Broadwell will be released alongside with the early Skylake processors Q2 2015. Broadwell got delayed so they want to sell it as fast as possible before the bulk of the Skylake in 2016. It is suppose to come out last year (2014).

It has to be unlocked, it would be foolish for them to release a locked processor that has been delayed numerous times.

Cool... I might look into getting an i7-5770K or whatever. Just 'cause I can. Well, if I can afford it anyways :P

Intel i5-4690K @ 3.8GHz || Gigabyte Z97X-SLI || 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws X 1600MHz || Asus GTX 760 2GB @ 1150 / 6400 || 128GB A-Data SX900 + 1TB Toshiba 7200RPM || Corsair RM650 || Fractal 3500W

Well, I refuse to support intel now that they back feminism.

With ya there, feminism is fine but it's the dame extremists that need to be wiped off from the face of the earth by sending them to the sun! 

But AMD isn't an option anymore... Sure I can spend $1000 on a 8-core i7 but there's nothing from AMDs desktop processors that come close, opterons might be a different story but I haven't seen updates on either side from AMD other than their APUs. 

If AMD can release a TRUE 12-core APU and can compete with the X99 platform enough I would consider AMD at that point. 

I'm Batman!

Steam: Rukiri89 | uPlay: Rukiri89 | Origin: XxRukiriXx | Xbox LIVE: XxRUKIRIxX89 | PSN: Ericks1989 | Nintendo Network ID: Rukiri

Project Xenos: Motherboard: MSI Z170a M9 ACK | CPU: i7 6700k | Ram: G.Skil TridentZ 16GB 3000mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 850w G2 | Case: Caselabs SMA8 | Cooling: Custom Loop | Still in progress