Best AMD Cpu vs Intel i7 980

Spev

Ok i'll agree with you on this one as they could save up.

I am gogin to work in about an hr detailing a cleints car. We argreed on $250 dollars and I quoted her for 4hrs work. It's only goging to take me 2hrs and then I am gogin to run some errands and burn her gas as part of the perks LOL. In the town I live there is this kid whom is only 16yo and he makes more money than I did when I was welding. He shovels snow by hand in the winter and cuts grass in the summer after school and on the weekends. His computer is more ballen than Linuses.

LET THIS THREAD DIE.

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

I am gogin to work in about an hr detailing a cleints car. We argreed on $250 dollars and I quoted her for 4hrs work. It's only goging to take me 2hrs and then I am gogin to run some errands and burn her gas as part of the perks LOL. In the town I live there is this kid whom is only 16yo and he makes more money than I did when I was welding. He shovels snow by hand in the winter and cuts grass in the summer after school and on the weekends. His computer is more ballen than Linuses.

How about you use correct spelling? Its a bit hard to understand you at times.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

I work whenever i can. I work for honda as a mechanic getting 15 bucks an hr. Then i tutor at school and get paid 10 bucks an hr. And i work as a dental assistant for 15 bucks an hr. Saved up enough for a 860k and i7 build. And since friend is living with me paying half the fees for the apartment, im actually living good now lmao.

Remember a wise man once said, "You'll most likely hear/see more bad reviews from products than good, because if they get a good product, they won't bother to write a review, and if they got a bad product, they'll complain about the product" ~ SoftenButterCream

Sometimes when he is serious , it seems like he is trolling (which is 90% of the time)

Remember a wise man once said, "You'll most likely hear/see more bad reviews from products than good, because if they get a good product, they won't bother to write a review, and if they got a bad product, they'll complain about the product" ~ SoftenButterCream

How bout you stop trolling ... your a bit of a troll sometimes !

How you stop trolling ... your a bit of a troll sometimes !

I'm not trolling, that's just it. And I was serious about your spelling, just look at it. Grammar is also a large issue of yours.

PMSL

I work whenever i can. I work for honda as a mechanic getting 15 bucks an hr. Then i tutor at school and get paid 10 bucks an hr. And i work as a dental assistant for 15 bucks an hr. Saved up enough for a 860k and i7 build. And since friend is living with me paying half the fees for the apartment, im actually living good now lmao.

HE hE Honda mechanic that's cool. I got a TRX 450 R and I installed the HRC Powerup kit and a Fat Boy 4 full Exhaust system. The thing rips and I can take my friends Raptor 700 out in the sand dunes but his top speed is higher.

I'm not trolling, that's just it. And I was serious about your spelling, just look at it. Grammar is also a large issue of yours.

I will not upgrade my grammar and spelling to appease you friend sorry LOL. It got me through trade school so really I don't need it LOL.

If you're going to compare to intel, the 3570K and 3770K are what you should be comparing it to as they were the direct competing CPU's at the time of release.  

Only an AMD fanboy would suggest that. Nobody is interested in 3570K/3770K's as they are discontinued and we have Haswell instead. When Broadwell will come out we'll compare it with FX again, when Skylake adds 30% IPC we'll be yelling here "150% more FPS" than lolFix AMD. We're not going to compare Zen with an older Intel generation are we? Pointless argument.

The 3770K barely edged out the 8350 in most games, and often got beat in multithreading performance.  

Yeah.. With a simple gtx 7970 and 1080p/4xmsaa/ultra settings you aren't expecting lots of tests being CPU limited do you. 

c1ZWhQ9.jpg

http://vr-zone.com/articles/amd-fx-8350-vs-intel-core-i7-3770k-4-8ghz-multi-gpu-gaming-performance/17494.html

CPU tests should be done with CPU's being the bottleneck, not with the GPU flanking at full load showing off how well the GPU does which we aren't interested in when making the choice between AMD & Intel.

I really wouldn't want to be overclocking a 4690k on that board...

The AsRock H97m Pro4 would be the cheapest board I would oc a 4690k on, and it's not much cheaper than a z97 board.

You can't overclock a 4690K without a Z97/Z87 board though, I forgot to use a Z97 for the 4690K build though >.> Edited it btw.

Anyone who hasn't already needs to put I/O on ignore.

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."

http://ark.intel.com/Products/Spec/SLAWQ

280$

Only an AMD fanboy would suggest that. Nobody is interested in 3570K/3770K's as they are discontinued and we have Haswell instead. When Broadwell will come out we'll compare it with FX again, when Skylake adds 30% IPC we'll be yelling here "150% more FPS" than lolFix AMD. We're not going to compare Zen with an older Intel generation are we? Pointless argument.

Yeah.. With a simple gtx 7970 and 1080p/4xmsaa/ultra settings you aren't expecting lots of tests being CPU limited do you.

Posted Image

http://vr-zone.com/articles/amd-fx-8350-vs-intel-core-i7-3770k-4-8ghz-multi-gpu-gaming-performance/17494.html

CPU tests should be done with CPU's being the bottleneck, not with the GPU flanking at full load showing off how well the GPU does which we aren't interested in when making the choice between AMD & Intel.

You can't overclock a 4690K without a Z97/Z87 board though, I forgot to use a Z97 for the 4690K build though >.> Edited it btw.

actuslly you can, any board can oc now, it's just that non z97 boards rarely have vrm heatsink a and power delivery systems capable of oc'g and i5, however that particular h97 board is quite good.

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

actuslly you can, any board can oc now, it's just that non z97 boards rarely have vrm heatsink a and power delivery systems capable of oc'g and i5, however that particular h97 board is quite good.

Thought it was only for the G3258. Well most of those H97's are 4 phases, most Z97 boards are trutly 4 phases as well -> http://www.sinhardware.com/images/vrmlist.png

Heatsinks only cool the mosfets btw, a 4690K doesn't need a board with heatsinks when overclocked for clocks up to lets say 4.5GHz. There were plenty of z77 boards that actually had no heatsinks on but clocked fairly high. It's mostly the X79/X99/AMD terrority that really need a heatsink/active cooling.

I've noticed that my Asus H87M pro actually has some decent overclocking features, for a non- Z series board (4+1 phase digital VRM with decent heatsink-needs active cooling though with an i5 4440, which is stupid). The only thing it is missing from the older motherboards (P5K VM for example), is the ability to control the available CPU multipliers and the FSB speed, which are all I've ever used in overclocking. (So I only adjust 2 settings, sue me).

PMSL

You billed someone for 4 hours whereas it's only going to take you 2 hours? That's an incredibly selfish thing to do. The world is such a crappy place because of people like you.

~non cogito, ergo non sum?~

A FX 9590 will be a upgrade, but a fairly small upgrade, not a game changer.

no we have proven this sentence to be completely wrong way long ago in page 2,3 and 4 if you mind take a good read but what you say couldnt be any more WRONG.

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

Anyone who hasn't already needs to put I/O on ignore.

You can ignore people?

You can ignore people?

yes you can i ignore you :P

just kidding, i'm not obviously but yes you can but once they are on ignore you won't see their stupid non sense posting so you can no longer correct them...it's not the way to go IMHO.

It's 7 years old thing and you use price as an excuse, their first quad cores are from 2006 orsomething. Q9550's never retailed for 530$, any reasons you're making things up again (its 280$ btw)? It was a mainstream CPU as it's missing the X like the QX9650 that CPU was from the Extreme line - the only difference is more multipliers. 

Probably. Can show oyu the difference between 667MHz & 1600MHz both at CL9, it's nothing surprising.

A Q9550 gets like a 8K CPU score in 3D mark vantage at stock, check the benchmarks & Q9550 at 4GHz I included. They're getting massive performance improvements when overclocked. My Q9550 was actually making the difference between 12K GPU score and 22K GPU score stock vs overclocked at 4GHz on an unlocked 6950. 16K is just nearly equal to a stock 2500K (17K).

lol But the FX8350 still kicks the living shit out of that Q2Q with 22k cpu score.

Like you broaght your evidence of that your self lol.

THe FX8350 kicks the living shit out of a core 2 quad in "allmost" everything.

Even with those dual C2Q 880 cinebench R15 points or something.

thats 440 per C2Q. lol

FX8320 still scores significantly higher even at stock speeds, then a core 2 quad lol.

And dont come with dual core 2 quads vs a FX8350, becauses thats 8 cores vs 8 cores, thats offcourse the biggest BS ive ever readed.

Like i said the FX8350 is simply faster then a core 2 quad multithreaded.

You can keep ignoring it, but you have delivered that evidence your self.

Like i said, you lost this battle. :)

lol But the FX8350 still kicks the living shit out of that Q2Q with 22k cpu score.

Like you broaght your evidence of that your self lol.

THe FX8350 kicks the living shit out of a core 2 quad in everything.

You simply lost the battle. :D

Even with those dual Q2Q 880 cinebench R15 points or something lol.

thats 440 per Q2Q. lol

a FX8350 still scores significantly higher even at stock speeds, then a singe core 2 quad lol.

Get back to us when you've done tests that show the actual computational power, you know, in Gflops. Not some score that doesn't translate smoothly into the real world.

PMSL

THe FX8350 kicks the living shit out of a core 2 quad in everything.

:o

Does it?

I can see quite a lot of single-threaded based softwares executing faster on a legacy core 2 intel chip...

4.0ghz is all you need to top a 4.8ghz FX vishera in single-threaded performance with one of these.

aANeQuR.png

The ol' quad is also faster at multi-threaded load than the FX4300 even with a 600mhz disadvantage upfront:

(and note that it's not only slightly better...it's crushing it litteraly at 600mhz less)

UqCi5we.png

:o

Does it?

I can see quite a lot of single-threaded based softwares executing faster on a legacy core 2 intel chip...

4.0ghz is all you need to top a 4.8ghz FX vishera in single-threaded performance with one of these.

nope

i have owned both core 2 quad and core 2 duo my self.

And nothing executes faster on a Q2Q.

nope

i have owned both core 2 quad and core 2 duo my self.

And nothing executes faster on a Q2Q.

cinebench does.