really annoying sound issue with Linux Ubuntu 13.04!

Go to solution Solved by t0wer,

Why do you need 32/192?

I have had Ubuntu 13.04 fir a week now and I have nothing but stress, including with the soundcard; I have a soundcard which suppose to run at 32-float, 192000Hz but it refuses to, plus it has WaveMaxxAudio03 plugins which has manger menu which will not load up at all.

Anyone know how to force Ubuntu 13.04 to run the soundcard at 32-float, 192000Hz with plugins instead of running at low quality 16bit, 44800Hz?

The card is HDA Intel MID with the chip Realtek ALC665.

Help with be appreciated (especially on this occasion)! :wacko:

please edit and add specs and sound card.

Cpu: Intel i5- 4570 | Ram: Crucial DDR3 8GB | Video Card: Evega GTX 660 Ti 2GB Super Clocked

Monitor: Philips 24" | Keyboard: CM Storm Quickfire TK | Mouse: Logitech G700s |

Steam

also whenever i have problems with ubuntu i just reinstall. the problem never happens again.
try sudo apt-get update and sudo apt-get upgrade. also try prepoiritry (screw spelling) drivers.

Cpu: Intel i5- 4570 | Ram: Crucial DDR3 8GB | Video Card: Evega GTX 660 Ti 2GB Super Clocked

Monitor: Philips 24" | Keyboard: CM Storm Quickfire TK | Mouse: Logitech G700s |

Steam

Have you installed drivers for your sound card?

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

Have you installed drivers for your sound card?

I downloaded Realtek HD audio driver for Linux and it installed, but there was no sound. I tried to opening AlsaMixer in the terminal but it said 'there is no such mixer'. Then I had ago at trying to make it run in 5.1 surround sound in system settings to see if that would make it work, which just changed the name of the driver to 'dummy' and then it would not let me do anything at all. I restarted the computer to find it had deleted the driver and returned to default.

also whenever i have problems with ubuntu i just reinstall. the problem never happens again.

try sudo apt-get update and sudo apt-get upgrade. also try prepoiritry (screw spelling) drivers.

tried that, didn't work.

You are using realtek onboard audio wanting to set it as 192 khz? Is this a laptop? Regardless maybe you could get something like a Fiio E10 for a much better dac.

Install Gentoo GNU/Linux | "You have been placed on moderator queue. This means that all content you submit will need to be approved by a moderator before it will be shown." | top LEL

Build specs: Corsair 540, i7 2600K @ 4.2Ghz, Asrock z77 extreme4, 16gb DDR3 @1866, 2 x 1TB, GTX 560 ti
Monitors: Asus VG236H, Dell U2713HM Headphones: Koss PortaPro, DT 770 80ohm, AT-AD700 | Steam profile