Cheap starter DSLR?

Recon97
Go to solution Solved by Bsmith,

i would say anything wich you think is good form canon or nikon, these are the current mainbrands wich have a big backbone and alot of info on them, for the exact type i do say anything you can afford especially second hand DSLR's wich might allow you to get a bit more high end one.

???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

CPU: Intel I7 4790K 4.8 Ghz || Mobo: ASUS ROG Maximus Hero 6 Z87 || Ram: Corsair Vengeance 16 GB 1600 Mhz || GPU: ASUS GTX 980 Ti STRIX || Storage: 2 x SSD Samsung 840 EVO 250 GB RAID 0 HDD Western Digital 1 TB Black || PSU: Corsair AX 860 watt || Cooling: 2 x AF 140mm (front), 2 AF120 Blue LED (bottom and back), 2 SP120 (top on radiator) ||  CPU cooler: Corsair H100i GTX || Case: Corsair obsidian 750D <3 <3 <3 

Nikon D3100 or Canon 1100D

they may be old but they are good starter DSLRs

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

I know the Canon 1200D is a decent starter camera.

you should post
Budget and location to help.

CORSAIR RIPPER: AMD 3970X - 3080TI & 2080TI - 64GB Ram - 2.5TB NVME SSD's - 35" G-Sync 120hz 1440P
MFB (Mining/Folding/Boinc): AMD 1600 - 3080 & 1080Ti - 16GB Ram - 240GB SSD
Dell OPTIPLEX:  Intel i5 6500 - 8GB Ram - 256GB SSD

PC & CONSOLE GAMER

???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Sorry, check out the original post now.

DSLRs have come so far now even entry level models are great. If you can pick up a new-ish 2nd hand one with a couple of lenses thats probably a good deal because thats where your money goes.

I vote nikon d3xxx

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

I vote nikon d3xxx

If you are talking get about this, Nikon D3X SLR Camera, it costs 7800$ here.

Sorry, check out the original post now.

thank you 

CPU: Intel I7 4790K 4.8 Ghz || Mobo: ASUS ROG Maximus Hero 6 Z87 || Ram: Corsair Vengeance 16 GB 1600 Mhz || GPU: ASUS GTX 980 Ti STRIX || Storage: 2 x SSD Samsung 840 EVO 250 GB RAID 0 HDD Western Digital 1 TB Black || PSU: Corsair AX 860 watt || Cooling: 2 x AF 140mm (front), 2 AF120 Blue LED (bottom and back), 2 SP120 (top on radiator) ||  CPU cooler: Corsair H100i GTX || Case: Corsair obsidian 750D <3 <3 <3 

If you are talking get about this, Nikon D3X SLR Camera, it costs 7800$ here.

i am talking about d3100, d3200, d3300

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

i would say anything wich you think is good form canon or nikon, these are the current mainbrands wich have a big backbone and alot of info on them, for the exact type i do say anything you can afford especially second hand DSLR's wich might allow you to get a bit more high end one.

May the light have your back and your ISO low.

Dont buy Nikon D3100, it is good camera but for little more u can get D3200 with better screen and more pixel count sensor.

I recommend D3300, its the newest from 3000 series and if it is in your price range then thats your best option from Nikon.

Canon cameras are better in video taking so if thats something u want to do aswell, then find a good Canon.

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

Dont buy Nikon D3100, it is good camera but for little more u can get D3200 with better screen and more pixel count sensor.

I recommend D3300, its the newest from 3000 series and if it is in your price range then thats your best option from Nikon.

Canon cameras are better in video taking so if thats something u want to do aswell, then find a good Canon.

the whole video vs photo thing has kinda even out on the newer camera's. Canon's best video DSLR is the 70D while nikon's is the 750D.

the whole video vs photo thing has kinda even out on the newer camera's. Canon's best video DSLR is the 70D while nikon's is the 750D.

Altough the topic isnt about this I would like to correct it anyway, the canon 70D isn't the best video dslr form canon, in fact it is the C-100, wich js a dslr dedicated to videography, altough due it's high price point the 5Dmk3 is a better option. With the budget of OP i wouldnt recommand canon dslr if it was videography only, a dedicated camcorder could be better for the same prize.

But since the use wasnt verified both brands(canon and nikon) would have been proper options for the price.

But yes, canon is a better choice for videography, but keep in mind that most proffesionals(sports, wildlife, freelance, nature etc) photographers prefer canon above nikon for some reason, despite the fact that nikon has better photo quality moet of the time.

Altough the topic isnt about this I would like to correct it anyway, the canon 70D isn't the best video dslr form canon, in fact it is the C-100, wich js a dslr dedicated to videography, altough due it's high price point the 5Dmk3 is a better option. With the budget of OP i wouldnt recommand canon dslr if it was videography only, a dedicated camcorder could be better for the same prize.

But since the use wasnt verified both brands(canon and nikon) would have been proper options for the price.

But yes, canon is a better choice for videography, but keep in mind that most proffesionals(sports, wildlife, freelance, nature etc) photographers prefer canon above nikon for some reason, despite the fact that nikon has better photo quality moet of the time.

Feature wise for the consumer the 70D actually offers more when it comes to video. The 5D MkIII as tried as true as it might be is getting old and falling behind feature wise to other other canon's and Nikon's. I would say generally nylon has better low light performance and more ISO range. Better photo quality is on a camera to camera basis.

Feature wise for the consumer the 70D actually offers more when it comes to video. The 5D MkIII as tried as true as it might be is getting old and falling behind feature wise to other other canon's and Nikon's. I would say generally nylon has better low light performance and more ISO range. Better photo quality is on a camera to camera basis.

yes, true the 70D offers more in way of feature's(and price) and the only reason to have a 5D currently is that it is the best canon full frame for your money(consumer/prosumer) but let's not forget that it is a bit more then 3.5 years old and is their newest full frame to date(with more then enough rumors atm, februari will teach us) while other brands went past them on quite alot if not everything, but dispite that fact profesionals keep prefering canon, while there are cheaper alternatives wich are just as good on paper. so i guess that canon has something to offer to them, might be the high end lenses wich appear to be the best to get(gonna test that sometime, soon hopefully)