On a scale of 1 to 10 how screwed am I?

I ordered a swiftech H220-X and it is currently -7°C outside, and the coolant in the H220-X freezes as -5°C. The order just shipped so there is no turning back now...

1.5 - 1

Spoiler

Corsair 400C- Intel i7 6700- Gigabyte Gaming 6- GTX 1080 Founders Ed. - Intel 530 120GB + 2xWD 1TB + Adata 610 256GB- 16GB 2400MHz G.Skill- Evga G2 650 PSU- Corsair H110- ASUS PB278Q- Dell u2412m- Logitech G710+ - Logitech g700 - Sennheiser PC350 SE/598se

Is it just me or is Grammar slowly becoming extinct on LTT? 

You should be fine. You can RMA it if anything happens.

Feel free to PM for any water-cooling questions. Check out my profile for more ways to contact me.

Add me to your circles on Google+ here or you can follow me on twitter @deadfire19.

I ordered a swiftech H220-X and it is currently 7°C outside, and the coolant in the H220-X freezes as 5°C. The order just shipped so there is no turning back now...

0, in your case it will be much warmer, than it is outside, your room will be warmer than outside. 

|CPU: Intel 5960X|MOBO:Rampage V Extreme|GPU:EVGA 980Ti SC 2 - Way SLI|RAM:G-Skill 32GB|CASE:900D|PSU:CorsairAX1200i|DISPLAY :Dell U2412M X3|SSD Intel 750 400GB, 2X Samsung 850 Pro|

Peripherals : | MOUSE : Logitech G602 | KEYBOARD: K70 RGB (Cherry MX Brown) | NAS: Synology DS1515+  - WD RED 3TB X 5|ROUTER: AC68U

Sound : | HEADPHONES: Sennheiser HD800 SPEAKERS: B&W CM9 (Front floorstanding) ,  B&W CM Center 2 (Centre) | AV RECEIVER : Denon 3806 | MY X99 BUILD LOG!

0, in your case it will be much warmer, than it is outside, your room will be warmer than outside. 

he's worried about it freezing while its being delivered, friend.

Personal Rig v3: AMD Ryzen 7 2700X | Noctua NH-U14S | Gigabyte B450 Aorus Pro ITX | Zotac GTX 2070 8GB | 16GB G-Skill Trident DDR4 3200MHz | EVGA Supernova 750B | Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX 

Peripherals: Sennheiser HD518 & Classic ModMic | Corsair K65 Luxe | Zowie EC2 | ASUS VG259QM  |  ASUS VG278E | Klipsch ProMedia 2.1

Facepalm. It has to spend the next 6 days in the back of a UPS truck before it gets to my house, that is where I am afraid it might freeze.

And the good thing about the h220-x is that you can change the coolent :)

Can't change the coolant if the coolant freezes and expands to the point of cracking something.

Facepalm. It has to spend the next 6 days in the back of a UPS truck before it gets to my house, that is where I am afraid it might freeze.

I know that....

|CPU: Intel 5960X|MOBO:Rampage V Extreme|GPU:EVGA 980Ti SC 2 - Way SLI|RAM:G-Skill 32GB|CASE:900D|PSU:CorsairAX1200i|DISPLAY :Dell U2412M X3|SSD Intel 750 400GB, 2X Samsung 850 Pro|

Peripherals : | MOUSE : Logitech G602 | KEYBOARD: K70 RGB (Cherry MX Brown) | NAS: Synology DS1515+  - WD RED 3TB X 5|ROUTER: AC68U

Sound : | HEADPHONES: Sennheiser HD800 SPEAKERS: B&W CM9 (Front floorstanding) ,  B&W CM Center 2 (Centre) | AV RECEIVER : Denon 3806 | MY X99 BUILD LOG!

Oops. I forgot to put '-' symbols infront of 7°C and 5°C. If that matters...

you should be fine  its in packaging and has foam around it raising the temp in the box slightly

I had a corsair H100i get shipped to me at my parents house in Minnesota last Christmas and it sat out side for a day in -10 F and it worked fine

I don't think UPS would keep the back of their trucks below freezing.

Hopefully they don't. Never thought about that.

Even if it does freeze just sit in front of a heater for a bit?

If it does freeze it will most likely crack something due to the expansion of the coolant.

You are not screwed at all. Your Swiftech will come completely frozen. I recommend attaching the cooler ASAP to your PC and breaking world records. Then you will land a sponsorship for your record breaking overclocks from Intel. Then you will attend overclocking competitions. Then you will get more sponsors and people will throw money at you.

But, if it doesn't freeze, you are to live a boring average life with your regular AIO water cooling system and no people will throw money at you. 

Current PC build: [CPU: Intel i7 8700k] [GPU: GTX 1070 Asus ROG Strix] [Ram: Corsair LPX 32GB 3000MHz] [Mobo: Asus Prime Z370-A] [SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 500GB primary + Samsung 860 Evo 1TB secondary] [PSU: EVGA SuperNova G2 750w 80plus] [Monitors: Dual Dell Ultrasharp U2718Qs, 4k IPS] [Case: Fractal Design R5]

that'd be a 0-1 on the screwed scale.

by the time you get it installed, the item will be ambient temperature, unless it

was left in direct temperatures for a prolong period of time. if worried, allow

the kit to remain in a heated environment for 24hrs and then mount away!

that'd be a 0-1 on the screwed scale.

by the time you get it installed, the item will be ambient temperature, unless it

was left in direct temperatures for a prolong period of time. if worried, allow

the kit to remain in a heated environment for 24hrs and then mount away!

I would be more worried about the expanding frozen coolant creating fractures in the pump/rad/block if it did freeze. Although there is some space in the res for the "ice" to expand I don't know how much it would help.

Feel free to PM for any water-cooling questions. Check out my profile for more ways to contact me.

Add me to your circles on Google+ here or you can follow me on twitter @deadfire19.