WC kits or yolo custom loop?

Hi guys, I have a question about wc. I want to water cool my cpu and gpu but it's going to be my first time doing it. I have very specific needs which made me unable to find a proper kit. I am still not the smartest about not being able to mix types of metal and all the anti-corrosivecorrosive stuff. If anyone would have some time to actually tell me what brand to buy from. I am looking for a 420 rad with a cycylinder reservoir. Fans don't have to be included because I have some picked out but its ok if the fans are there. I am going for an orange scheme in my phanteks enthoo pro. Thanks to anyone who would like to help.

EDIT: Or if anyone could tell me what metals/components to watch out for and stuff I would be very greatfull. :)

Hello, I'm not the most experienced with full custom kits, but I do see that you have an Enthoo Pro.  I would recommend going with a 360mm radiator and not a 420.  Some people have had problems with the 420 properly fitting with tubing and everything installed.  It is an extremely, extremely tight fit and I think it even requires some modifications.

Also, keep in mind you only have 65mm of space.  So the most thick radiator you can get is 40mm, but I recommend going with 35mm so you have some room for the RAM and other parts of your motherboard from interfering.

You could check out the Overclocker's.net Phanteks Owner's Club for really specific help from all Enthoo Pro owners.

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."

I checked out those names that you send me before but there is never some thong that suits me perfectly... There aren't many 420 rads but now im wondering about getting a 360

I don't really know a lot about custom water cooling kits but I do know you should try to match metals as much as possible as that prevents corrosion. I'm not the most experience so I can't tell you to what degree it would effect your lifespan of the components or the liquid. I would agree with @spartaman64 though as I do know that website and many reputable builders have recommended it.

I have checked out all those and koolance just to find out that whenever there is a 420mm rad it has a bay res...

Hi guys, I have a question about wc. I want to water cool my cpu and gpu but it's going to be my first time doing it. I have very specific needs which made me unable to find a proper kit. I am still not the smartest about not being able to mix types of metal and all the anti-corrosivecorrosive stuff. If anyone would have some time to actually tell me what brand to buy from. I am looking for a 420 rad with a cycylinder reservoir. Fans don't have to be included because I have some picked out but its ok if the fans are there. I am going for an orange scheme in my phanteks enthoo pro. Thanks to anyone who would like to help.

EDIT: Or if anyone could tell me what metals/components to watch out for and stuff I would be very greatfull. :)

metal compatibility:

most if not all blocks are copper based. some manufacturers will nickel plate the

to prevent tarnish and corrosion.

materials like acetal, plexi, acrylic, stainless steel, copper, brass are pretty much

compatible, just have to use a biocide to prevent algae growth.

using aluminum in a custom loop can be done, but along with the biocide a

corrosion inhibitor is needed. most stay away from ally parts in a loop.

for 420 radiators look to alphacool.

available in 30mm, 45mm, 60mm, 80mm thicknesses. a wide range of fan configs

and all are copper.

On linus' video about wc i heard that its ok just to use silver comppression fittings, will that sork the same as a biocide? If I use them I can use all the matetials you named? I was looking at comp fittings and im going to the the black silver comp fittings just because they look good but if they will work that would be awesome!

pure silver can be used as a biocide, but on some parts can affect their warranty

and are very expensive. it only takes one fitting to service a complete loop.

most opt for a silver kill coil in the output line or floating in the reservoir.

yes, all those are compatible with each other in a water cooling loop. most normal

fittings are copper with a plating or coating applied for protection.

Would these things work together? And will the pump be enough?

http://www.alphacool.com/product_info.php/info/p1248_Alphacool-NexXxoS-ST30-Full-Copper-420mm.html

http://www.swiftech.com/MCP50X.aspx#tab1

http://www.swiftech.com/mcp35xreservoir.aspx

http://www.alphacool.com/product_info.php/info/p202_Tubing-PUR-8-6mm-transparent.html

Im going to use meyhems orange pastel and for the blocks, im not sure yet because im shopping for new gpu and cpu.

what chassis are you mounting all of this in? location?

yes, the pump and reservoir are adequate for a CPU/GPU loop. i might be a

little leary of a single 30mm 420 to be enough exchanger for low fan speeds

and comfortable temperatures.

@Faceman has a good point, I have the Enthoo Luxe, same layout as the Pro internally. I have a 360mm rad on top, and it's plenty big. I'm not even sure a 420 would really fit well at all, I would not recommend it. There are only fan spots for 3 fans too....So even if you have a 420 on top 

pure silver can be used as a biocide, but on some parts can affect their warranty

and are very expensive. it only takes one fitting to service a complete loop.

most opt for a silver kill coil in the output line or floating in the reservoir.

yes, all those are compatible with each other in a water cooling loop. most normal

fittings are copper with a plating or coating applied for protection.

What do you mean on the warranty thing?

Current PC build: [CPU: Intel i7 8700k] [GPU: GTX 1070 Asus ROG Strix] [Ram: Corsair LPX 32GB 3000MHz] [Mobo: Asus Prime Z370-A] [SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 500GB primary + Samsung 860 Evo 1TB secondary] [PSU: EVGA SuperNova G2 750w 80plus] [Monitors: Dual Dell Ultrasharp U2718Qs, 4k IPS] [Case: Fractal Design R5]

koolance and EK have a strict warranty policy on what you can/cannot use for coolants and additives, especially on water blocks.

@airdeano I am using a Phanteks Enthoo Pro and im mounting it in the top. @Spev, as for the mounting, I found out that with a 420x30mm rad, some 90° compression fittings and G1/4 I can do it. If there still are any problems i can always take out the cage on top. I wanted to go for the biggest one I could because it would have to be slim to fit and i could also bring my fans down a bit.

koolance and EK have a strict warranty policy on what you can/cannot use for coolants and additives, especially on water blocks.

Hmm...so I'm getting an EK waterblock...should I not use my silver coil?? :(

Current PC build: [CPU: Intel i7 8700k] [GPU: GTX 1070 Asus ROG Strix] [Ram: Corsair LPX 32GB 3000MHz] [Mobo: Asus Prime Z370-A] [SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 500GB primary + Samsung 860 Evo 1TB secondary] [PSU: EVGA SuperNova G2 750w 80plus] [Monitors: Dual Dell Ultrasharp U2718Qs, 4k IPS] [Case: Fractal Design R5]

@airdeano I am using a Phanteks Enthoo Pro and im mounting it in the top. @Spev, as for the mounting, I found out that with a 420x30mm rad, some 90° compression fittings and G1/4 I can do it. If there still are any problems i can always take out the cage on top. I wanted to go for the biggest one I could because it would have to be slim to fit and i could also bring my fans down a bit.

if you are wanting biggest, a XT45 360 (1944) is a but larger in capacity than

the ST30 420 (1794) by 8% both will fit.

Hmm...so I'm getting an EK waterblock...should I not use my silver coil?? :(

i'd review their policy.

If you use Mayhems Pastel the additive already has a biocide/anticorrosive in the mixture and don't need to add either.