Is the CX430 enough for g3258 and r9 270?

Go to solution Solved by Peter Vaughan Truslow,

Sounds awesome, one question is it quiet? and I don't mean extra quiet that you don't even hear a woosh, at least the quiet that is not bothering you.

there is one in my parent's bedroom that runs 24/7 and you can just barely heat the power supply fan when you sit in front of it.

the whole system has 2 fans.

plenty

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

Should be fine. Good luck and don't forget to overclock that Pentium.

Sig under construction.

yup. definitely. some people here hate on that PSU but I have two and they're great for reasonably low power systems. I have one I3 system and one Pentium G3258 with a Gt720 for some really silent builds

Yup.

yup. definitely. some people here hate on that PSU but I have two and they're great for reasonably low power systems. I have one I3 system and one Pentium G3258 with a Gt720 for some really silent builds

I don't... My one status update tells all.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

Sounds awesome, one question is it quiet? and I don't mean extra quiet that you don't even hear a woosh, at least the quiet that is not bothering you.

Yes.

Yes.

On CM power supply calcuator it says I am required 300w, I will be overclocking the Pentium, is the cx430 going to be enough wattage for my system not to die?

On CM power supply calcuator it says I am required 300w, I will be overclocking the Pentium, is the cx430 going to be enough wattage for my system not to die?

Yes. 130W is more than enough for a decent overclock.

Lots of headroom - even for overclocking. which you pretty much are obligated to do with that processor

@TechBenchTV

Ex-NCIX Tech Tips Producer.  Linus hates my scripts. 

there is one in my parent's bedroom that runs 24/7 and you can just barely heat the power supply fan when you sit in front of it.

the whole system has 2 fans.

I bought the 600W version of the CX with my first original build. It failed after two months. Would steer away at all costs.

Ugh.  Please stop doing this.  This is some really unlucky anecdotal evidence for a line of excellently reviewed units.  One such review is JohnnyGuru, who is the go-to guy for PSU reviews.  He rated it 9/10:

http://www.jonnyguru.com/modules.php?name=NDReviews&op=Story&reid=214

Also, 1202/1391 (86.4%) of reviews for CX series PSUs on Amazon give it four or five stars.

This is ANECDOTAL evidence.  You are wrong.  I don't want to be offensive, but this comment is really... silly.

CPU: i7 6850K RAM: 64GB 3200Mhz Mobo: EVGA Micro2 PSU: EVGA P2 850W GPU: EVGA 1080 Ti FE

Case: Fractal Design Node 804 Cooler: NH-D15S

Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 256GBSandisk Ultra II 960GB