Ideal place to keep your PC

TorguL

Is it best to keep your PC underneath the desk or on top? Which is least likely to collect dust through the front intake fans? My front panel is all mesh, and i want to have the least amount of dust getting through there as poss...

typically it's better to keep it up top,though only because the top of a desk gets cleaned more often.

though if you're floor is carpeted that's also a good reason to put it on the desk.

Linus Sebastian said:

The stand is indeed made of metal but I wouldn't drive my car over a bridge made of it.

https://youtu.be/X5YXWqhL9ik?t=552

In the Winter I move my PC into the cubby in my desk but in Summer it gets too hot (like now) so it sits on top.

Also, like mvitkun eluded to, it's easier to disconnect and clean when it's on top.

"Energy drinks don't make my mouth taste like yak buttholes like coffee does, so I'll stick with them." - Yoinkerman

under desk, raised from floor. you can put like a wooden plank under pc or something. or small stool to keep it raised from ground. 

or if you are a bit of craftman yourself, you can make stool from scratch 

On top of the desk. If you have it on the floor every time you move your feet that raises dust which then gets into your pc.  So I keep mine on top of my desk.

Life is pain. Anyone who says any different is either selling something or the government.

----CPU: FX-6300 @ 4.2ghz----COOLER: Hyper 212 EVO----MOBO: MSI 970A-G46----PSU: OCZ 600watt----CASE: Black Corsair C70----GPU: Sapphire 7870 dual fan ghz edtion----2 random HDD'S----A couple fans here and there. Mouse: Gigabyte M6900-------Keyboard: Logitech G105-----Mousepad: Steel series something something.

The Ideal place is a flat area with a minimal amount of dust. I keep mine under my desk.

CPU: Intel core i5 3570 Motherboard: Gigabyte-H77-DS3H Case: Fractal Design Define R4 Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB  GPU: MSI Radeon HD 7950 Twin Frozr III Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB  PSU: Seasonic G Series 550W

Acer Aspire S7 Overview Sennheiser PC360

For my old laptop, I had to keep it in the freezer in between gaming sessions because it used to overheat to the point where it shut off and wouldnt turn on until the temp came down which took hours if it wasn't in the freezer. How ridiculous is that? Mutha F'in Toshiba in the Mutha F'in freezer! In the summer, the laptop would go over the AC vents and I would basically have my back crunched over gaming on the floor!

if you use it on the table you are getting +2 or something degrees maybe, hotter air as we go up. I keep mine down on the wooden table something

Hoe Hoe Hoe and a bottle of RAM © Gankplank

What kind of question is this?

You can put your computer anywhere, beside an enclose area where air ventilation is limited.

If it's on carpet, that is fine. It will simply require more often to be clean, if you like to keep your fans in tip top shape for quietness, and keep your heat sink clean for quietness (fan won't need to spin faster).

That is all. Higher the computer is from the floor, the less dust the computer it will have. So if you have a neat freak, put it a clean closest, strapped on the ceiling.

Put the computer on the floor, and be done with it. Clean it as needed.

if you have a window, get it on your desk regardless of season. You deserve to see what you spent your hard earned/your parent's hard cash on. 

If you have no windows or your system is fugly, wherever it is quietest and gets the best ventilation.  

"Don't make a girl a promise, if you know you can't keep it" | "Didn't you hear? Spartans never die."

-Gaming- FX 8150 @ 4.2GHz, HD 7870 Tahiti LE 2GB @ 1.1GHz, ASRock 990FX Extreme3, 8GB DDR3 1333 MHz, WIndows 10, Custom Watercooled, NZXT Switch 810

-Audio Editing/Mixing- Mac Mini Late 2014, Core i7 3.5Ghz, 8GB RAM, 2TB Fusion Drive, OSX 10.12 El Captain -Phone- HTC One M7 32GB

I like to fold it and put it in my pocket

But really, beside the desk high above the ground is where I have mine.

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

Fan filters and on hardwoord floors. I dont like my desk space being taken up. 

This is my Lightsaber.          {[=]////]"[¬'/\Y/#####################################
This is my other Lightsaber. (T!!!!!!!T=:"|[\#####################################  #killedmywife 

if you have a window, get it on your desk regardless of season. You deserve to see what you spent your hard earned/your parent's hard cash on. 

If you have no windows or your system is fugly, wherever it is quietest and gets the best ventilation.  

How about on the side of your desk, on the floor, where people can see it?

I don't know... I guess I am not the type that like show-offing things. I like things to look modern (but not the extreme), clean, professional and discrete.

I just put my case on the table to see what people sees by doing this...

Beside looking stupid, in my opinion, and reduce desk space... the vibration transfers the the wood of my desk when I put my GPU under stress (All my fans are Noctua, set at the lowest speed possible, except for my GPU.. so yes, my GPU is the loudest thing in my computer, even at idle), so basically, I hear more my computer, and defeats my quiet setup.

I keep mine on my desk, it's also the reason I'd only use an MATX board. . . but that's ok. my carpet is too thick to put a computer on.

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600 | Cooler: Stock | RAM: 16GB Hyper Fury X RGB | GPU: RTX 2080 Super FTW3 | Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus Elite| PSU: Corsair RM850x
Storage: WD SN750 500GB / 850 500GB Samsung Evo /  | CASE: 570X | Display: Dell u2414h  | KEYBOARD: Corsair K70 | MOUSE: Corsair M65

Keep it off the floor, because that's where all the dust and other organic matter likes to gather. You'll get less dust on a desk/table.

15" MBP TB

AMD 5800X | Gigabyte Aorus Master | EVGA 2060 KO Ultra | Define 7 || Blade Server: Intel 3570k | GD65 | Corsair C70 | 13TB