EK or XSPC Res

So I want to mount this in an enthoo luxe, first time watercooling build was wondering what experince people have with these and which overall they think is the better product?

XSPC Photon 270 Tube Reservoir - 3x G1/4 Ports

http://www.watercoolinguk.co.uk/p/XSPC-Photon-270-Tube-Reservoir-3x-G14-Ports_41645.html

or

EK Water Blocks EK-RES X3 250 Reservoir

http://www.watercoolinguk.co.uk/p/EK-Water-Blocks-EK-RES-X3-250-Reservoir_38148.html

I literally just had to make the same decision.  The only difference is that I got a Res/Pump combo with a DDC pump.  

I ended up going with the XSPC.  The only reason at the time was that I wanted at least a 250MM rad and the longer EK tubes are out of stock everywhere.    A couple of things to consider.  The XSPC tube is glass instead of Acrylic something I didn't realize till after I ordered it, however if I had known beforehand it would have been a consideration.   It is also wider than the EK Res.  Which was almost a problem for my setup.  It gave me a very small amount of space on each side of the Tube.  I will now have to remove the Res to change any cables except SATA.  And even those connectors are a tight fit.  Keep that in mind when you plan.  

A couple other points.  

The EK system can be taken apart whereas the XSPC is a sealed unit.  The caps are there to stay.   Finally one thing that I found after I got everything put together.   Filling the XSPC was a complete pain in the #@$. Because of the light tube up the middle you have small slots to allow water to flow into from the fill port (which is larger than normal).  However these are flat.   So it is possible for water to not flow into the res and instead just overflow since air cant' get out.  I finally solved the problem by propping my case up at an angle with a large book and filling slowly.  But it took me a while to figure it out.  

Overall I am very happy with the Res.  And would buy it again.  However I don't think I would have been disappointed with the EK either.  

Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly; the ill deeds along with the good, and let me be judged accordingly.

Absolutely great reply man couldn't have asked for anything better, are you using the luxe as well or a different case?

Yeah in all honesty i think the ek res would be better due to the slightly larger room i'd  have to play with. I'll probably report back later to tell my experience :)

Thanks Alot :)

Corsair 750D is what I am using.  I honestly don't know how you would fit either in the Luxe.  

Here are some photos of mine for reference if it helps.  Forgive the bubbles.  When I say I just made the same decision I mean I just got it installed and filled last night.   

As you can see even in the 750D with the drive caddies removed it takes up a good bit of space.  Yours would be a bit shorter since it won't have a pump but you have to place the pump somewhere below the res so....  

IMG_0267.jpg

And how tight the sides are.  

IMG_0276.jpg

IMG_0279.jpg

Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly; the ill deeds along with the good, and let me be judged accordingly.

Right well this is my plan it's a tad ghetto but only a tad:

luxe edit

So I plan to remove the exhaust fan and then mount the rad like this either drilling holes if i need too or using industrial strength double sided tape.

I see what you mean it takes up a lot of room, looks great though :)

What do you think?

I always have concerns mounting things there.  

First off, like you said you have to remove the Exhaust fan.  And that means you are compromising Airflow. 

Secondly there is the issue of anything mounted int he PCIE slots.  It will be near impossible to do anything with the slots.  And if you have a higher than normal GPU like an ASUS DC/STRIX card then I don't think it will fit at all.  

Finally there is the issue of your PSU.  You will need to make sure there is enough Vertical space for the pump and the Res or you will have to round the tubing down over the PSU down to the Pump.   Not saying it won't work.  Just that it will be tight.   With that case I almost think you would be better off with a Bay Res or even a Bay res/pump combo.  

ETA: I use industrial 2 sided adhesive for a lot of things.  DOn't know if I would trust it for a Res though.  

Well i'll be having 2 140's in the front for intake and 3 120's in the top for intake so i thought airflow wouldn't be so much of an issue.

You do have a good point with not being able to access the pci slots. 

I'll be using the gigabyte g1 gtx 970 but i'll be sticking a waterblock and a backplate on it so it should take some of the length off it. But i'm pretty sure the card itself doesn't come out further than the pci slots. 

It is able to mount a res on a bracket that you can get with it that can mount on the left of the hard drive sleds but again I'm unsure about the space between the gpu and that mount point.

I'm really not a fan of bay reservoirs unless i can find one that is variable and really looks nice.

You got any ideas on how I could better mount it?

The XSPC tube is glass instead of Acrylic something I didn't realize till after I ordered it, however if I had known beforehand it would have been a consideration.   

Something else to consider is that Acrylic can deform and potentially leak when the temperatures reach I think 50 or 60C, I can't seem to remember but they are achievable in watercooling. Whereas Glass will not leak at those temperatures.

Just a followup thought.  If you do decide to put the res in that location I would use Quick disconnects on your lines so that you can remove it without draining the loop.   Chances are that in that location it will need to be removed more often than normal.  

Something else to consider is that Acrylic can deform and potentially leak when the temperatures reach I think 50 or 60C, I can't seem to remember but they are achievable in watercooling. Whereas Glass will not leak at those temperatures.

Yet.  A huge Bonus.  And not only that but it is beautifully clear and I love that it won't scratch up.