Rate your ISP!

Cox claims to have doubled our internet speed from 25 to 50, I can't tell for sure because dad refuses to upgrade router. Cox tells me that we have a low downstream signal after I show them that we only get 15-25 down.

3826352134.png

That's mine. I pay ~$13/month, and that's for two unique IPs.

East - EU .... The internet Wild West

Ontopic: 60/5 + Freephone + digital tv 125+- channels for 73 euro

Let's agree to disagree

Rogers 60D/10U, most of the time it's a bit faster than that and added the unlimited option (worth the extra $25). Other times it's slow or completely down but its around their maintenance window. Their phone plans on the other hand are ridiculous, $90 per month for 2GB of data and that's without the taxes and fees on a single device.

Comcast and Meh... I get what I pay for. Very reliable service. Crappy customer service and expensive. I get 50 Down and 15 Up. 

Comcast, considering I pay for 105D/15U, and get 65D/12U yes and no. I am getting WAY better than the 25 I used to, but still way less than advertised down speed.

If my mother didn't watch TV we would be paying less, but we are paying the same as RCN costs for just about the same package (cause I threatened to switch), so as far a price is concerned, I can't complain.

they dont mess with me so i dont bother either... i get my advertises speeds and i have not experienced any throttling

Telus in Edmonton. 

I have Time Warner, I have 300 down and 50 up, I guess im satisfied with their service and i dont pay a cent, Being a Time Warner employee has its perks  :D

• 9 months later...

Hey guys!

I posted this in Off-Topic and not in the networking section because it isn't a problem I have or something like that...

I'm just curious about how would you rate (on a 1 to 10 scale) the internet speed that your ISP provides or general speeds of internet connections in your country?  :huh:

In the rating keep in mind not only the speed, but also how much do you pay to your ISP to have that speed (quality/performance ratio)!

Ok, lets see how this goes!  :D

1/10 only place you can get decent internet in the uk is around city areas. 

btw I pay for 19mb upload and 74mb download but I get 21mb download and 6mb upload and I pay around £40 a month.

UK 
Current connection = 1
New connection in few days maybe like = 5 (50mb/s)

Switzerland: 100mbps Download and 100mbps Upload at 94CHF per month

Vote: 9

UK 

Current connection = 1

New connection in few days maybe like = 5 (50mb/s)

For me, 50 mbps would be a 8.5/10...

Here in Italy optic fiber is not widely spread and ISPs are installing it only where there's a margin for profit...

So, you know what it looks like for me being stuck with a 4 mbps internet connection? D:

16€ a month for 5Mb/s and it is limited as well... 

0.5/10

Oh yeah and sometimes this happens

1962877_694777707232813_492835811_n.jpg?

i think my current connection is pretty good. i get about 12mb download and 10 upload. but i live in the middle of nowhere so it's pretty good :P

so i'd say probably 7/10

8/10, pretty content.

It's also not that expensive compared to other countries. No throttling (at least not for me) at all.

It's just a shame gigabit and just 200 Mbit+ connections are not common in internet packages here.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

I would r8 8/8 for my country's connection.

4298565812.png

This is my friends internet, on a 1Gbps Fibre plan, using Ethernet. Hes paying about 59.99 (43USD) a month. https://myrepublic.com.sg/gamer/

(Hah, 4.5 times faster that linus' new office, take that :D )

4564411420.png

This is my internet, on a 100Mbps Cable plan, using Wifi. Im not such how much my parents are paying, but I think that it is around 50$ a month. Be reminded that my house has not installed fibre yet.

Quote me if you want me to see your message. Like my post if it helped. Click "Show More" to see things that I use.

Desktop (2014): CPU: Intel Core i5 4690k @ 3.50GHz | GPU: MSi GTX 970 Gaming 4G | Motherboard: MSi Z97 Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x4GB G.Skill RipJaws X 1600MHz + 2x4GB HyperX Black 1600MHz | SSD: Samsung 750 Evo 120GB | HDD: WD Black 1TB | Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212x | PSU: Corsair VS650 | Case: Cooler Master Elite 431 Plus | OS: Windows 10 Home

Laptop (2017): Model: Asus UX310U

Peripherals: Monitor: Samsung S24D300 OC@75Hz + Viewsonic XG2401 (144Hz) | Mouse: Logitech G305 | Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow Chroma V2 | Headset: HyperX Cloud Core | Speakers: Logitech Z333 | Additional: Logitech G29

Mobiles: Samsung Pixon (2010-2012) | Samsung Galaxy Ace (2012-2013) | Samsung Galaxy S3 (2013-2016) | Samsung Note 4 (2015)(Lost) | Samsung Galaxy S7 (2016-2019) | Samsung Galaxy S10 (2019 - Current) | Additional: ASUS Zenwatch 2 (2016)

For me, 50 mbps would be a 8.5/10...

Here in Italy optic fiber is not widely spread and ISPs are installing it only where there's a margin for profit...

So, you know what it looks like for me being stuck with a 4 mbps internet connection? D:

Sorry =/ i have like"10" get around 6 at the moment and it is painful. I feel your pain! 

I say 5 just because there is up to 150 i can deffinatley get and ive seen that god damn google fibre and i am jelly as hell!

location UAE,

speed: 8mbps down, 1 mbps up, Limit: none.

rating: 1/10

Price: $ 82 USD per month.

Support:3/10

location UAE,

holy balls 82USD thats day light robbery! 

location UAE,

82 US DOLLARS/MONTH? O.o

3/10 had to get shitty talk talk internet because I live by a grade 2 building so I Cant get fibre optic...

82 US DOLLARS/MONTH? O.o

yup, and as i remember thats the cheapest fiber option that they have.