PS4 Hard Drive Upgrade Worth It?

TheEliteTaco

I only have a couple digital copies of games (one of them being Battlefield 4) on my PS4 and it says I've used almost half of the standard 500 gigabytes. I wanna know if it would be worth an extra $70 to get a 1TB hard drive or if I should just put that money towards a new PC.

wait until you actually need the space, like 30GB left

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

Nah..Just wait until it is 5/6 full before upgrading it.

Get 3tb hdd.... oh wait.

what? PS4 is confirmed to work with up to 6TB

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

I only have a couple digital copies of games (one of them being Battlefield 4) on my PS4 and it says I've used almost half of the standard 500 gigabytes. I wanna know if it would be worth an extra $70 to get a 1TB hard drive or if I should just put that money towards a new PC.

I upgraded mine to 1TB out of the box before I turned it on.  It was worth the time.  I've had it over a year and the drive is half-full.    Or is it half-empty.... <ponder>

what? PS4 is confirmed to work with up to 6TB

Just because it says it works does not mean you can actually buy a 6tb 2.5 inch hdd

Hello This is my "signature". DO YOU LIKE BORIS????? http://strawpoll.me/4669614

Just because it says it works does not mean you can actually buy a 6tb 2.5 inch hdd

and whos to say those wont come about in the next year? :P 

plus you can just buy a standard 3.5" hdd, an enclosure, and sata extension cable

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/691087-playstation-4/69429669

plus you can just buy a standard 3.5" hdd, an enclosure, and sata extension cable

That would look like vomit.  

I keep my consoles in the living room, so a ghetto-rigged PS4 sitting on my TV stand with it's cover off and a hard drive hanging out would make my [any] living room look like trash.   

Are you planning on buying or downloading many more games for the PS4? If so then sure go ahead and upgrade if not then you might aswell just keep the 500gb one in. If you need to you can delete unused games to free up some space. 

Everything is moving towards ssds

Hello This is my "signature". DO YOU LIKE BORIS????? http://strawpoll.me/4669614

Everything is moving towards ssds

SSDs arent cost effective yet :( maybe in another year or two

SSDs arent cost effective yet :( maybe in another year or two

Pimp my P$4! We're gonna throw a 1gb samsung evo drive under the hood, and put some chrome plating all around the body. This baby gonna bling!

:D

- Alston