Need a decent 5.1 sound card

So it seems cursed with sound cards. My on board realtek died and my crappy creative x-fi extreeme audio died too :x I'm working with an old audigy 4 which actually sounds better than the x-fi but the drivers are a piece of crap. well happens that it is dieing too.

I want to buy a new one but I'm not sure.. i will mainly use my logitech 5.1 and i have decent headphones but they are 30 ohm so i don't actually need the amp. I always used creative and people say good things about the asus but I've tried it once and the sound was a mess on the channels. it was probably me not getting along with the software but well i appreciate your opinion on these ones:

Areative Audigy Rx
Asus Xonar DX
Asus Xonar DG

and the x-fi's aren't sold anymore at least here. and seems there is little information and advice on the Rx

i dont care about game effects and positioning that much. i prefer a good music sound and a decent channel upmixing like creative does with the stereo surround (and the SB Z is out of question just for that). the asus i dont know. how does that prologic stuff works? better than creative for 5.1 speakers? if so, the dg doesn't support that right? the price is tempting though...

Thanks a lot for the help guys

any xonar card will be great

just get the cheapest one :)

i have the DG and its really nice, but you might want tog et the DX for future compatibility with motherboards that dont have the old PCI slots

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

thanks guys. how is the upmixing in the dg? it doesnt have prologic right? when i tried a ds(i think or it was a dg i cant remember) the sound just came horribly through the speakers...