My macbook has left me impressed

docterkiwi

So i got a macbook in 2011 for a cheap price and tbh i do enjoy ios and just the macbook itself.(hater gunna hate) But what i discovered today really put a smile on my face. I was looking at my steam account and i noticed that 24 out of the 50 Steam games i have is compatible for Apple or MAC whatever you prefer. Now witcher 2, Wargame, and boderlands 2 don't look nearly as well as they do on my gaming rig but the gameplay is pretty great for a computer that isnt advertised as a gaming laptop. Thats all i have to say. That and i do love my ipad mini. Im hoping to play CS GO and insurgancy on my six hour flight back to the academy tomorrow morning. :) what do you guys think of you mac or apple product?

Steam:Drift and Drift_2 <p>(name is hunter) Lets play:)

It's not IOS, what version of OSX is it? 

Computing enthusiast. 
I use to be able to input a cheat code now I've got to input a credit card - Total Biscuit

double post pvp

// irenebb-pc v5 // [] Intel i5-9400F [] Radeon VII Lisa Su Edition [] 24GB Crucial Ballistix [] Acer ED323QUR (1440p/144hz) []

I think they're bad, and you can get WAY better specs for the money. I also hate the limitations of OSX

but to each their own :)

// irenebb-pc v5 // [] Intel i5-9400F [] Radeon VII Lisa Su Edition [] 24GB Crucial Ballistix [] Acer ED323QUR (1440p/144hz) []

hater gunna hate

It can be worse than you think how crazy it would be if you posted this in youtube comments on a LTT video

CPU: i5-6600k @ 4.4GHz | Motherboard: Asus Z170 Pro Gaming | RAM: 8GB HyperX Fury | GPU: Asus Strix GTX 980 | Case: NZXT Noctis 450 Red/Black | Storage: 256GB Sandisk SSD + 1TB Western Digital HDD | PSU: EVGA 750w | Monitor: ASUS VS247H | CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo | Keyboard: $15 Cheapo Rubber Dome Keyboard | Mouse: Rosewill RGM-300

Linus Tech Tips Pebble (and Pebble Time) notifier watchface!

It can be worse than you think how crazy it would be if you posted this in youtube comments on a LTT video

Haha oh god

Steam:Drift and Drift_2 <p>(name is hunter) Lets play:)

I also hate the limitations of OSX

What kind of limitations? OS X can pretty much replace Windows (except there are less applications)

CPU: i5-6600k @ 4.4GHz | Motherboard: Asus Z170 Pro Gaming | RAM: 8GB HyperX Fury | GPU: Asus Strix GTX 980 | Case: NZXT Noctis 450 Red/Black | Storage: 256GB Sandisk SSD + 1TB Western Digital HDD | PSU: EVGA 750w | Monitor: ASUS VS247H | CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo | Keyboard: $15 Cheapo Rubber Dome Keyboard | Mouse: Rosewill RGM-300

Linus Tech Tips Pebble (and Pebble Time) notifier watchface!

What kind of limitations? OS X can pretty much replace Windows (except there are less applications)

idk, I just like doing things on regedit and stuff.

the only thing i like about osx. or the reason im dualbooting it is imovie.

Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.
                                                                                      :o 

As someone who has a mid 2009 MacBook Pro. Osx is very customizable. Much more than windows. There also is a fairly large modding group.

CM Storm Switch Tester MOD (In-Progress) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/409147-cm-storm-switch-tester-macro-mod/

Ammo Can Speaker 02 (Completed) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/283826-ammo-can-speakers-02/       A/B Switch V 0.5 (Completed) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/362417-ab-switch-v0

Build 01 - The Life of a Prodigy -  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/13103-build-01-the-life-of-a-prodigy/             Build 02 - Silent Server 3000 - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/116670-build-02-silent-server-3000/

As someone who has a mid 2009 MacBook Pro. Osx is very customizable. Much more than windows. There also is a fairly large modding group.

meh

My MacBook has left me impressed.

It seems to have also left a duplicate post too. ;)

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/284006-my-macbook-has-left-me-impressed/

ON A 7 MONTH BREAK FROM THESE LTT FORUMS. WILL BE BACK ON NOVEMBER 5th.

Advisor in the 'Displays' Sub-forum | Sony Vegas Pro Enthusiast & Advisor

Tech Tips Christian Fellowship Founder & Coordinator 

My bad OSX10.10.1 (YOSEMITE) idk why i said ios

That version is super nice :DD

Computing enthusiast. 
I use to be able to input a cheat code now I've got to input a credit card - Total Biscuit

My Pro Retina surpassed my expectations by a mile.

Case:Define R4 | MOBO:ASRock z75 Pro 3 | CPU:i7-3770k 4.0GHz | CPU Cooler:H100i | GPU:970 Strix | RAM:Hyper X 16GB | 

Peripherals:ATH-M50x Limited Blue Edition | K95 RGB | M65 RGB | Blue Yeti MIC | (3x)1920x2080 Acer Monitors

I had to use my dads macbook pro the other day...... I hated it, it must be personal preference because I was running into things that just plain wouldnt work left and right

CPU: i5-4690k GPU: 280x Toxic PSU: Coolermaster V750 Motherboard: Z97X-SOC RAM: Ripjaws 1x8 1600mhz Case: Corsair 750D HDD: WD Blue 1TB

How to Build A PC|Windows 10 Review Follow the CoC and don't be a scrub~soaringchicken

Gahh. Y U DOUBLE POST?!?!

Anyways.. inb4 Apple hate... :lol: 

I actually use my MacBook more than I do my PC. Partly because I'm lazy af, and don't want to walk over and at a desk (I prefer my bed or on the couch with my dog), but also because the OS is just so much nicer to use. If only you could game on it.. if I could, well then sorry guys, but I'd be all Mac. They can take all my money

^^ This. I have SO many more mods on my Mac than I do my PC. You cant even tell it's OS X anymore. 

I done been through a whole lot. Trial, tribulations, but I know God - Kendrick Lamar

I question your mother's upbringing if you don't like me - Action Bronson

You apocalyptic dingleberry - James 'Captain Slow' May

I think they're bad, and you can get WAY better specs for the money. I also hate the limitations of OSX

The Macbook Pro is actually priced pretty normally when you consider your your getting an aluminum unibody laptop with a 1600p+ panel depending on the model/revision. Granted Apple charges out the ass for more RAM and a SSD but if you do those on your own they're pretty reasonably priced.

Mein Führer... I CAN WALK !!

The Macbook Pro is actually priced pretty normally when you consider your your getting an aluminum unibody laptop with a 1600p+ panel depending on the model/revision. Granted Apple charges out the ass for more RAM and a SSD but if you do those on your own they're pretty reasonably priced.

still limited in terms of choices, and application support is definitely lacking

still limited in terms of choices, and application support is definitely lacking

When it comes down to it, it's mostly personally choice more than anything. I myself am a Linux guy. OSX is UNIX so it has a more standard CLI so while on the surface OSX seems less customizable I imagine it's actually quite a bit more customizable than Windows once you learn some commands.

Mein Führer... I CAN WALK !!

When it comes down to it, it's mostly personally choice more than anything. I myself am a Linux guy. OSX is UNIX so it has a more standard CLI so while on the surface OSX seems less customizable I imagine it's actually quite a bit more customizable than Windows once you learn some commands.

ya, that's why I said to each their own lol

You can also find a Windows based ultrabook with inferior specs that costs more than a Mac. I currently own an e7440 with a 4200u, 128gb ssd, 8gb ram, 768p screen. All these specs are lower than the cheapest mba while costing more. The cheapest e7440 has an i3 at $999, the 13" mba beats it in every spec.

On OSX you don't use regedit, you just edit the library from terminal like so:

defaults write [where the setting is located] [key] [value]
e.g:

defaults write com.apple.screencapture disable-shadow -bool TRUE
This way someone who doesn't know what they're doing is unlikely to screw things up

"My game vs my brains, who gets more fatal errors?" ~ Camper125Lv, GMC Jam #15