we have adblock, now we need commercial block :D

Snickerzz

someone should make a commercial block that blocks commercials on tv somehow XD

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

I torrent all my TV. They are normally availible within 10 minutes of a show airing with no advertisements.

actually i was thinking of this for a while now

a box that u can put in between that knows if a commercial comes up and then show a black screen or something until the show starts again

i wont mind paying over 100$

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

Stopped watching TV years ago due to the delay of episodes in Sweden and the Internet spoiling me. 8(

They're sharing a drink they call loneliness, but it's better than drinkin' alone...

BitFenix Prodigy Black / Intel Core i7 3770K / Gigabyte GA-Z77N-WIFI mITX / ASUS GeForce GTX 660Ti DCUII 2GB / Corsair Vengance LP 8GB (2x4096MB) CL9 1600Mhz / Corsair SF600 - 600W  / Corsair H70 Push Pull

Even if it were possible (which I doubt it is, just like it isn't possible to block ads which are shown as part of the actual video you're watching on YT/Twitch), what will you have in the meantime? a blank screen?

With website ads you can simply remove them and they even make the page look cleaner, with YT videos it skips to the actual video immediately, with Twitch you get to keep watching the livestream while you're supposed to be watching the ad but with TV you can't skip ahead and you can't keep playing what's going on in the background because there is no content going on in the background.

Either way availability, price and convenience means I rarely actually watch TV and would rather torrent shows and watch them on PC.

You guys that use adblock are shameful, why because people spend their hours making videos and you dont have the tolerance to wait for 30seconds at most. On TV the adverts go on for 5minutes and i get that if your pissed but most youtube ads can be skipped after 5 seconds 5 bloody seconds. Some people are shameful and very selfish. 

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

First of all, it's called a DVR, and they have had those for years now, even though they've technically been illegal the whole time.

Secondly, stop using adblock. People need to eat.

Omg yes. You have no idea how sick i am of seeing the bloody Go Compare adverts everywhere :angry: 

@ Snickerzz : I see your a Mirrors Edge fan as well :D     

• 2 weeks later...

I know I am digging up an old thread (that's what happens when you use the search function), but do people realise that the reason sites like youtube, facebook, Skype, etc start to introduce a pay per service or paid subscription service is because the ads do not generate enough cash for them to operate? The more people who use adblock then  the more chance you will have to pay for what used to be free services. 

I wonder how much it costs just to keep all the youtube videos stored, let alone running the web servers so we can watch them.  

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

The reason i no longer watch TV. If i want to watch a show il watch it online or download it. adds take up some much time.

Also i dont know why everyone is raging about using adblock o.O its proven to speed up webpage loading times ect the internet is so cluttered with ads and im never going to go back to it being that way.

The reason i no longer watch TV. If i want to watch a show il watch it online or download it. adds take up some much time.

Also i dont know why everyone is raging about using adblock o.O its proven to speed up webpage loading times ect the internet is so cluttered with ads and im never going to go back to it being that way.

Adblock will definitely speed the internet up, if everyone starts using it companies will make no money from ads so they will either shut down their web service (thus freeing bandwidth) or they start charging for it, and this will naturally reduce the number of users. 

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

Adblock will definitely speed the internet up, if everyone starts using it companies will make no money from ads so they will either shut down their web service (thus freeing bandwidth) or they start charging for it, and this will naturally reduce the number of users. 

Thats not what i meant also theres a very little amount of people who even know about adblock.

If adblock was a problem good would soon sort it out.

i dont mind ad's but when its before during and after EVERY youtube vid its a tad much :| 

i think youtube would work better with a background advert rather than with vids, its more sutler and doesn't PISS off there users 

Character artist in the Games industry.

Thats not what i meant also theres a very little amount of people who even know about adblock.

If adblock was a problem good would soon sort it out.

Not too sure if I understand what you mean, What I said is the only problem with adblock.