What is a great media consumption headphone?

Ryou-kun

Right now, I have a Sennheiser HD 558, and it is truly an amazing headphone, a Neutral Sound, if that is what most of audiophile calls it.

Originally, I got this because I was into Music Production, but I realized that I shouldn't rush myself to learn something because I have to focus on Computer Science/Software Engineer. 

Now, I need a headphone that I can lay back on my chair and listen music or watch videos. 

However, I want one headphone that is compatible or similar with my Sennheiser HD 558 auxiliary cords where you can twist it and connect to Sennheiser HD 558 if you guys know what I am talking about. 

Reason being is that I can swap my headphone without having going behind my desktop and pull the auxiliary cord out and use another headphone and vice versa.

Here is what I want out of the headphone: :P

- Big enough for someone with a big head

- Comfortable.

- Really good for listening music, watching videos, etc.

- Noise cancelling if possible

- Great build quality

- Probably budget friendly/affordable if not the cheapest as possible. By cheapest I don't mean like finding a $50 dollar one or whatever just the least amount for its stuff.

If you guys want to know my budget, I guess under $200 dollar if possible.

By the way, I am using Creative Sound Blaster Z, so it might be nice if I could work with the new headphone along with this sound card. :P

http://www.amazon.com/Blaster-Performance-Headphone-Forming-Microphone/dp/B009ISU33E/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1420192290&sr=8-2&keywords=Creative+Sound+Blaster

Thank you. :P

What's wrong with the 558 for media consumption?

The only other headphones compatible with the cable are other 500 series cans, but you might be able to work it out with an adapter at the headphone end.

From what I know, I think the 558 is already pretty good, maybe other may think not.

598 maybe? They seem more premium with the leather headband and they seem pretty stylish if you like it or not.

But, I am not sure sound wise if there is a difference, maybe some one else can answer that or you can research it.

From what I know, I think the 558 is already pretty good, maybe other may think not.

598 maybe? They seem more premium with the leather headband and they seem pretty stylish if you like it or not.

But, I am not sure sound wise if there is a difference, maybe some one else can answer that or you can research it.

Perform the foam mod on the 558 and it sounds the same as the 598

What's wrong with the 558 for media consumption?

The only other headphones compatible with the cable are other 500 series cans, but you might be able to work it out with an adapter at the headphone end.

Hmm, well, let say I want a headphone that designed for it like heavy bass/tremble/etc.

Only option I would say is probably Bose if I can find a cheaper one. :S

Hmm, well, let say I want a headphone that designed for it like heavy bass/tremble/etc.

Only option I would say is probably Bose if I can find a cheaper one. :S

The 558 is desiged to play sounds, therefore it is desiged for media consumption. If you want a different sound signature then you need to outline one clearly so we can recommend something appropriate.