How to make a fully operational, quiet, convenient jetpack.

AraSarkisyan

Things you will need:
56 7000RPM 140mm Delta Fans. 
two peices of wood. 
8 silverstone strider 1500w psu
a nice comfy pillow
MDPC sleeving
Ear protection.
Forget about a helmet, only wimps use those. 
Duct tape.

Ok. So you want to travel with a nice jet pack. The only ones available on the market are rare, expensive, and usually only work with water. I am going give you guys a step by step guide on how to build your own jet pack.

Now get two 4 foot by for foot pieces of wood. glue them together in an L shape. use duct tape to secure  them together. You know, just so those idiots at the FAA don't bug you about the "structural integrity"

make holes for your completley safe and quiet delta fans on the bottom piece of wood. put as many as you can. you need lots of lift. Put the remainder of the fans on the piece of wood on your back to give you forward motion. mount these about an inch off the board so they can pull in air. 

sleeve all the cables with mpdc sleeving so they look nice and proffesional, that way the feds wont question you.

You can thank me later. 

Also this is a legit pic of me flying it. Sorry for bad image quality, i took it with my old camera. post-16829-0-48159800-1371798237_thumb.j

This is my Lightsaber.          {[=]////]"[¬'/\Y/#####################################
This is my other Lightsaber. (T!!!!!!!T=:"|[\#####################################  #killedmywife 

Really?...

| GPU: GT 650M | CPU: i5-3210M | Excuse my language, sometimes I can be pretty vulgar.

tumblr_lltzgnHi5F1qzib3wo1_400.jpg

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

@AraSarkisyan

Less talking, JUST TAKE MY MONEY!  :angry:

No but seriously, do you offer build-it-yourself kits? I've always wanted to go to Mars...

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | Koodo - 75GB Data + Data Rollover for $45/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)

i juST NEW SOOPERMAN WUZ REEL!!!!!111!!

| i5-4670k @ 4.2Ghz | Corsair H100i | Gigabyte Z87X-UD4H | Corsair Vengeance Pro 8GB | ASUS Geforce GTX 770 |

| Samsung 840 Pro 128GB | WD Black 1TB | Corsair AX760 | Fractal Design Define R4 Black w/ Window | Corsair AF140 x2 |

| Windows 8.1 | ASUS 23" 1080p monitor | CM Storm Quickfire Stealth- MX Blue | Logitech G9x | Logitech G930 |

Its almost as good as this

hitler-wolfenstein-3d_9977.jpg

i5 3570 | MSI GD-65 Gaming | OCZ Vertex 60gb ssd | WD Green 1TB HDD | NZXT Phantom | TP-Link Wifi card | H100 | 5850

“I snort instant coffee because it’s easier on my nose than cocaine"

This would actually be able to fly by itself (although it would fliip over within 2 seconds) if it used packaging foam instead of wood. Put a led box in the bottom and arrange the fans on top of each other. Get like, 10 Fan controllers to control all the fans manually and you can manouvre. This is actually only kinda crazy!

Stuff I have I like: Moto G - Superlux HD681 Evo - Monoprice 9927

90% of what I say is sarcasm.

This would actually be able to fly by itself (although it would fliip over within 2 seconds) if it used packaging foam instead of wood. Put a led box in the bottom and arrange the fans on top of each other. Get like, 10 Fan controllers to control all the fans manually and you can manouvre. This is actually only kinda crazy!

Just get a ton of Delta fans lol

| i5-4670k @ 4.2Ghz | Corsair H100i | Gigabyte Z87X-UD4H | Corsair Vengeance Pro 8GB | ASUS Geforce GTX 770 |

| Samsung 840 Pro 128GB | WD Black 1TB | Corsair AX760 | Fractal Design Define R4 Black w/ Window | Corsair AF140 x2 |

| Windows 8.1 | ASUS 23" 1080p monitor | CM Storm Quickfire Stealth- MX Blue | Logitech G9x | Logitech G930 |

Just get a ton of Delta fans lol

http://uk.futureelectronics.com/en/technologies/electromechanical/thermal-management/fans/Pages/4996385-PFB0612UHE-F00.aspx?IM=0

If my calculations are correct (which they most likely arent, this can lift itself and about 1.1 kg extra, and thats a 60 mm fan. If we get lets say, a 100 of these and then we can turn 2/3 off for when just being in one place. Or all of them on and placed along the sides of a wooden structure with a led block in the middle for stability. Only problem is power as they require like 15 watts each (for a total of 15.000 Watts, only kinda ridiculous), but we'll just use a car battery or two. Maybe that can replace the Led? I'm a genius!

Edit: Research found out that a Nissan leaf has a completely ridicoulous big (Physically) 21 kWh Battery, one of those and were good to go for over an hour per charge!

Fill the rest up with voltage regulators, power supply's and fans and you have yourself a life-threatening jetpack!

http://uk.futureelectronics.com/en/technologies/electromechanical/thermal-management/fans/Pages/4996385-PFB0612UHE-F00.aspx?IM=0

If my calculations are correct (which they most likely arent, this can lift itself and about 1.1 kg extra, and thats a 60 mm fan. If we get lets say, a 100 of these and then we can turn 2/3 off for when just being in one place. Or all of them on and placed along the sides of a wooden structure with a led block in the middle for stability. Only problem is power as they require like 15 watts each (for a total of 15.000 Watts, only kinda ridiculous), but we'll just use a car battery or two. Maybe that can replace the Led? I'm a genius!

Edit: Research found out that a Nissan leaf has a completely ridicoulous big (Physically) 21 kWh Battery, one of those and were good to go for over an hour per charge!

Fill the rest up with voltage regulators, power supply's and fans and you have yourself a life-threatening jetpack!

i like the part where you say life-threatening jetpack 

(1) high frame rate (2) ultra graphics settings (3) cheap...>> choose only two<<...

if it's never been done then i'm probably tryna do it. (((((((Bass so low it HERTZ)))))))

i like the part where you say life-threatening jetpack 

Well it is

The most realistic thing to do would probably be rebuilding a car as a helicopter, finding a way to replace the wheels with a fan blade

@AraSarkisyan

Less talking, JUST TAKE MY MONEY!  :angry:

No but seriously, do you offer build-it-yourself kits? I've always wanted to go to Mars...

yeah, they start around 6 ducky shine 2 and a contract saying im not responsible for the inevitable damages to come to your body. 

This is my Lightsaber.          {[=]////]"[¬'/\Y/#####################################
This is my other Lightsaber. (T!!!!!!!T=:"|[\#####################################  #killedmywife 

yep, I'd buy one. Shut up and take my money!

CPU: i5 4670k • Cooler: Corsair H100i • Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPOWER • RAM: Crucial Ballistix Elite 2x 8GB • Storage: Samsung 840 250GB SSD, 2x WD Red 3TB • GPU: EVGA GTX 780 3GB • PSU: Corsair RM750W • Case: Corsair 750D • Mouse: Razer Naga 2012 (I actually use the thing for productivity/media buttons) • Keyboard: Ducky Shine 3 w/ Browns - Green LED • Monitor: Asus PB278Q 27" 2560 x 1440, ASUS PB238Q 23" 1920x1080 • Lighting: 2m NZXT Sleeved Blue LED Strip • pcpartpicker.com/p/3cHfZ

"They see me rollin they hating"

-A wise man

Prepare for battle in BATTLEFIELD 4! All New Dog tags JUST LIKE THIS:

Shut up and take my money (sorry for not being able to link the picture, you can imagine it)

Codename: HighFlyer, specs:  CPU: i5 2500k cooled by a H70ish(2 rad)   Mobo: MSI MPower Z77   GPUs: Gigabyte GTX 660 OC 1150 MHZ core, 3150 memory both   RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16G @1600mhz   SSD: ADATA Premier Pro sx900 / HDD Seagate Barracuda 1TB/Samsung 1TB   Power supply: Corsair RM650 80+ Gold   Case Corsair Carbide 500R   5.4 ghz achieved on the good old 2500k, may it rest in peace. Current daily OC is 4.8 @1.41 v

Things you will need:

56 7000RPM 140mm Delta Fans.

Where can you get 140 mm Delta fans? Seriously, I have been looking for industrial

140 fans for months, and the only stuff I've been able to find is either ridiculously

priced (50 USD and up per fan plus international shipping) and or 120 VAC/230 VAC.

I'll also take Papst, Adda or any other industrial fan with great build quality.

BUILD LOGS: HELIOS - Latest Update: 2015-SEP-06 ::: ZEUS - BOTW 2013-JUN-28 ::: APOLLO - Complete: 2014-MAY-10
OTHER STUFF: Cable Lacing Tutorial ::: What Is ZFS? ::: mincss Primer ::: LSI RAID Card Flashing Tutorial
FORUM INFO: Community Standards ::: The Moderating Team ::: 10TB+ Storage Showoff Topic

Where can you get 140 mm Delta fans? Seriously, I have been looking for industrial

140 fans for months, and the only stuff I've been able to find is either ridiculously

priced (50 USD and up per fan plus international shipping) and or 120 VAC/230 VAC.

I'll also take Papst, Adda or any other industrial fan with great build quality.

You gotta pay 50 bucks man, its a jetpack! Also, your builds are amazing. 

You gotta pay 50 bucks man, its a jetpack! Also, your builds are amazing.

Haha, well fair enough. And thanks, much appreciated! :)

BUILD LOGS: HELIOS - Latest Update: 2015-SEP-06 ::: ZEUS - BOTW 2013-JUN-28 ::: APOLLO - Complete: 2014-MAY-10
OTHER STUFF: Cable Lacing Tutorial ::: What Is ZFS? ::: mincss Primer ::: LSI RAID Card Flashing Tutorial
FORUM INFO: Community Standards ::: The Moderating Team ::: 10TB+ Storage Showoff Topic

Then you'll need to compensate for the added weight by adding more power to the jet pack. Also, fans don't work in space. No air.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

Then you'll need to compensate for the added weight by adding more power to the jet pack. Also, fans don't work in space. No air.

Hey man, all you got to do is believe in your dreams.