G-Sync Dissapointment

So I recently got myself an Asus Rog Swift pg278q. After spending a day testing out G-Sync, I can't help but question whether theres something wrong with me, or the monitor.

Every review I've seen of a G-Sync monitor praises its no-tearing and no-input lag capabilities. Unfortunately this does not seem to be the case with my new pg278q. First off let me say that this monitor is absolutely gorgeous. The price may even be worth it just for true 1440p @ 144hz. I've never seen anything like it. After I was done drooling over the refresh rate though, G-Sync really began to puzzle me. Setting it up via the Nvidia Control Panel was a breeze, but it doesn't seem to work nearly as flawlessly as advertised. Enabling G-Sync seems to be syncing screen refreshes with my in-game fps, just as it's supposed to be doing, but the input lag is horrid. Its completely unplayable at any framerate below 60, and a pain anywhere above. The input lag I'm experiencing with G-Sync feels almost as bad if not JUST AS BAD as enabling V-Sync. I'm sure G-Sync is actually enabled as the monitor has an indicator LED that changes color when G-Sync is active. I haven't heard of any other complaints even remotely similar to what I've been experiencing. If anyone has the pg278q, another G-Sync monitor with this issue, or a possible solution please respond. I'm currently at a loss.

Yea... what's your GPU?

[spoiler=My PC]

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 6700K | COOLER: Corsair H105 | MOBO: ASUS Z170i Gaming Pro AC | RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 16GB 2400MHz | GPU: EVGA GTX 980 Classified | CASE: BitFenix Prodigy | SSD: Samsung 950 Pro 512GB | PSU: XFX XTR 650W [spoiler= Le Other Stuff] Monitor: BenQ XL2411Z | Keyboard: Ozone Strike Pro | Mouse: A4 Tech X7 F4 | MousePad: Ozone

Spoiler
Spoiler

PlayStation 2 | PSP 2000 | Game Boy Color | Nintendo DS Lite | Nintendo 3DS | Wii

Spoiler

Sony Xperia J (Why u so bad D:) | iPod 4th gen | iPhone 4 | Yarvik Xenta 13c (3muchchrome5her)

Spoiler
Spoiler

Pentium B980 | 500GB WD Blue | Intel HD Graphixxx | 4Gegabeytes of REHAM

Current OS: MSX 10.0 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)Ilikethelennyfaceyouknow( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Windows Password Reset Guide

You know that if you want to use G-sync you need to go to nvidia control panel and set Vsync Mode to Gsync, then you need to turn on Vsync on the game on, ten Gsync will work. :)

What's your graphics card?

Sorry, should have included in the first place. My gpu is a GTX 780.

Sorry, should have included in the first place. My gpu is a GTX 780.

Did you turn VSYNC off?

Lets all ripperoni in pepperoni

Did you turn VSYNC off?

Yes, V-Sync is disabled through the global 3D settings in the Nvidia Control Panel, in favor of G-Sync.

I have been running FRAPS while playing games, and my framerate is fluctuating, not capping at 60 as well.

i also notice input lag  vs 120hz ulmb when using g-sync.  noticeable in csgo.     780SLI 

i also notice input lag  vs 120hz ulmb when using g-sync.  noticeable in csgo.     780SLI 

Have you tried any other games where the lag is noticeable, or is it only present in CSGO?

i found a workaround.   select 144hz mode and limit fps to below that number say 140.   if it at 144 it acts like normal v-sync.  no input lag when not lol

Its game just the game try others. Results might change game to game... 

Also counter strike is a pointless game to use gsync on the game has 0 tearing with vsync off i know that for a fact i play it all day lol. 

...lag-csgo.png

lag-bf4.png

Yes, V-Sync is disabled through the global 3D settings in the Nvidia Control Panel, in favor of G-Sync.

I have been running FRAPS while playing games, and my framerate is fluctuating, not capping at 60 as well.

You have vsync off in game also?

Any way it sounds like your over reacting here sorry to say you tested one single game when from what i read online almost all games are actually better with it.

Also counter strike is a pointless game to use gsync on the game has 0 tearing with vsync off i know that for a fact i play it all day lol.

Oh really? Well please explain to me why I get tearing?

Oh really? Well please explain to me why I get tearing?

Must just be you no tearing on my 144hz. at all that or i dont notice it.