Building NEW PC, Specs, And wanting Advice

Hello Everyone, I've been thinking about building my new System, I'm just gonna list all the parts and see what feedback i get. I also want reccomendations (I run 3x 1920x1080p Monitors, Only game on one though.

This System will be for Recording Videos(Fraps), Gaming, Editing Videos(Sony Vegas Pro). And the occasiional 720p Livestream from X-Split.

Case: Cooler Master CM Storm Scout 2  (Link)

(Looks nice, has GREAT cable mannagement for this build)

Mobo: Asus Sabertooth Z87 LGA 1150 (Link)

(Beutifull, Decent Mobo, I have shaky hands)

RAM:  Corsair Vengeance 16GB (2x8) 240-Pin DDR3 1600 (Link)

(Maybe 4x4 instead of 2x8)

GPU: EVGA GTX 780 ACX  3GB 384-bit (Link)

(Also would go with Non ACX version cause of looks <3)

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770k ( I might overclock) Haswell 3.5ghz LGA 1150 (Link)

(I hear it's nice.)

CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i (Link)

(Never done Liquid Before, Should be fun!)

PSU: Corsair Proffesional Series Gold AX 850 Modular (Link)

(I know it's overkill, gotta be safe.)

HDD: Toshiba 3TB 7200 RPM 64 MB cache Sata 6.0Gb/s 3.5 (Link)

(Storage)

SSD:  Intel 520 Series Cherryville 2.5 120Gb Sata III - OEM (Link)

(For OS and Games)

DD: (Who cares) Asus 5.25 (Link)

(To install the OS)

(I like it, And i use it)

Fans: Noctua NF-F12 PWM 120mm Case Fan x4 (Link)

(They looks nice, and are Linus's Favourite.)

So please leave feedback!

I edit videos for free, Good editing, I do it cause it's my passion.

I suggest a capture card to go along with all of that, good stuff if I say so myself.

Available from 3pm to Midnight Eastern Time (GMT-5). (>'-')> <('-'<) ^(' - ')^ <('-'<) (>'-')> You can't stop the kirby dance. 

4770k | Gigabyte GTX 970 Mini | Lian Li PC-TU100B | MSI Z87I 2x8GB G.Skill Sniper | Noctua NH-L9i Silverstone Strider 450W SFX | Windows 10 | 2x 250GB 840 Evo Rad 0 1x 1TB WD 2.5" | 25% gaming, 25% CAD and rendering, and 50% web browsing.

@Maskot Know any good ones?

get rid of that PSU, you dont need 1200W to run that setup. Probably under full load your using 550W-600W from the wall, MAX. I would recommend a 600W-750W PSU, just for extra headroom if you plan to run 2-way SLI later.

Whats it with people and overkilling the PSU? -.-

I suggest a capture card to go along with all of that, good stuff if I say so myself

Capture card won't be necessary when nVidia release the "shadow play" with their recent generation graphics cards. With the built in h.264 encoder onboard, it will be able to record up to* 20 mins of game play.

*Possibly can change

Elven  ^_^

Corsair 400R, i7 3770K @ 4.5GHz 16GB, Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz, Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H Motherboard, 240GB Samsung 840 Evo Sata III SSD, 2 x Asus GTX 780 Direct CU2 SLI, Corsair H100i and Corsair AX860i Platinum Power supply.

@Maskot Know any good ones?

The Asmedia LiveGamerHD seems to be the favourite of everyone who streams with capture cards. It has a built in H.264 encoder so it doesn't take up that many resources from your CPU during streaming and recording.

Agree with @WildTurtle that's more than enough to power it all. Make sure you get an 80+ certified PSU silver or gold if you can afford it  ^_^

Elven

Corsair 400R, i7 3770K @ 4.5GHz 16GB, Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz, Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H Motherboard, 240GB Samsung 840 Evo Sata III SSD, 2 x Asus GTX 780 Direct CU2 SLI, Corsair H100i and Corsair AX860i Platinum Power supply.

get rid of that PSU, you dont need 1200W to run that setup. Probably under full load your using 550W-600W from the wall, MAX. I would recommend a 600W-750W PSU, just for extra headroom if you plan to run 2-way SLI later.

Whats it with people and overkilling the PSU? -.-

I agree but i would go for a good 850watt PSU as he may add to it later.

FX8120 @ 5.0GHz | Sabertooth 990FX | Patriot Viper Xtreme 8GB @ 2133MHz | Powercolor HD7950 @ 1300/1800 | Bitfenix Shinobi XL Modded | Corsair AX850 | Mushkin 120GB & Seagate 2TB | Bitfenix Recon | 5X SP120 PE | 6X Yate Loon 120mm HS

Koolance 200 Res | 2X Koolance 360 Rads | Danger Den CPX Pro | EK 7950 Block | Koolance CPU Block | Bitspower & XSPC Fittings

Green Machine

on the insane truely way overkill psu. thats pretty much my current rig. and so i can only aprove this setup haha :)

but that powersupply is over the top. im only using a 550w does the trick!

English is not my native language, so go easy on me :rolleyes:

Change the psu it really is overkill. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139016 would handle your system well. (this one is more than enough as well) and get http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820167086 instead of 120GB one cuz games will take pretty much space. that's my opinion, the rest is awesome. 

Finishing up my build...

Thanks Everyone!, Definetly gonna Add the capture card and Downgrade that psu!

Thanks Everyone!, Definetly gonna Add the capture card and Downgrade that psu!

I would recommand either a Corsair AX750 or 760i, if you plan to go for 2way SLI later. Its 80+ platinum certified aswell. Do let us know what you decide! Also, how far do you plan on overclocking since you decided to go with a closed loop cooler.

I went with an 850 Watt Gold certified Modular

Capture card won't be necessary when nVidia release the "shadow play" with their recent generation graphics cards. With the built in h.264 encoder onboard, it will be able to record up to* 20 mins of game play.

*Possibly can change

Elven  ^_^

Totally forgot!

Available from 3pm to Midnight Eastern Time (GMT-5). (>'-')> <('-'<) ^(' - ')^ <('-'<) (>'-')> You can't stop the kirby dance. 

4770k | Gigabyte GTX 970 Mini | Lian Li PC-TU100B | MSI Z87I 2x8GB G.Skill Sniper | Noctua NH-L9i Silverstone Strider 450W SFX | Windows 10 | 2x 250GB 840 Evo Rad 0 1x 1TB WD 2.5" | 25% gaming, 25% CAD and rendering, and 50% web browsing.

You can get the AX860i

and I would go with a Samsung 840 pro

a 550w is enough for that setup you just quoted. im running that same rig for around 2 weeks now. OC my 4770k to 4.4ghz now problems at all. i would suggest only upgrading the psu if you truely are planning on sli in the next 1-2 years....

English is not my native language, so go easy on me :rolleyes:

You can get the AX860i

and I would go with a Samsung 840 pro

860 watts is still overkill

Elven, on 20 Jun 2013 - 11:53 PM, said:snapback.png

*Possibly can change

Elven   ^_^

Totally forgot!

It could be a game changer if it is as good as it sounds  :lol:

As for the capture card, I wont use one. But for The SSD, I might add another 240GB later if needed!

Thanks for all your input guys, I would probably overclock to about 4.2 or 4.4.

860 watts is still overkill

True completely forgot about the 760i, I assumed he wanted the features that come with it.